Just Joined-already a question!

theflame

Original Poster
Hi, my name is Amy and I just joined this forum!

My family loves Disney and will be traveling in October....on a budget!

Does anyone know if there are refillable mugs in the 4 major parks? I know about the ones at the resorts but I really wanted to know if they are available in the parks and what the price of the mug and refill might be!

Thanks so much! :)

tigsmom

Not as far as I know. You can get mugs at the water parks, I believe, but not the major parks.

And welcome aboard!

RiversideBunny

Hi.

I really don't think there are park mugs.
Also, would you really want to carry one around all day in the parks?

With the Disney Dining Plan including snacks that may cover most people's needs.

Others on here may know more.
Tks.
:)

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Welcome

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately the answer to your question is no.

Have a great trip though!:wave:

Thessair

Hello and welcome! You can buy mugs in the parks (at least seasonal ones as I've gotten Halloween and Christmas ones in both MGM and MK), but they aren't refillable. If I remember correctly from last year they were somewhere in the neighborhood of $6 without a beverage inside.

lilclerk

You could just refill a water bottle at water fountains, but I wouldn't recommend it as the water there is horrible.

beanbunny

Welcome! As already stated, no the parks do not offer free refill mugs - only the resorts. Some of the cs restaurants offer "souvenir" mugs but they do not offer free refills with them. :wave:

Figment82

Animal Kingdom probably has the closest thing with those souvenir bottles that have the animals on the lid - the refills aren't free, but they are cheaper than buying a new drink every time (I think it's under a dollar).

RiversideBunny

Just remembered something-

You can buy water bottle holders, that look like camera straps, from some of the cart vendors.
That way you can keep a bottle of water with you.

:)

shari71

You could just refill a water bottle at water fountains, but I wouldn't recommend it as the water there is horrible.

We do this but also take along Propel, Kool-aid, Crystal Light, etc. add-in packs that are made for water bottles. This helps hide the taste of the water but also saves us money in the long run. The packs are really small and fit nicely in a backpack or pack.

sarabi

I bring a water bottle into the park. If your room has a fridge (I think most on property rooms do these days) keep your bottle in the freezer overnight so that you have icy cold water the next day. Then refill it at water fountains and bring along some of those crystal lite and kool aid single serving packets to add some flavor.
I have never bought a drink in the park (except with a meal). I think it's silly to spend $2.50 on a cola or a water.

On each trip we bring large gatorade bottles (like the ones that you see on the top of hockey nets or on the sidelines at a football game) and fill them with ice from the counter service spots as well as the mobile carts. Then one single serving of Crystal light powder is enough to make the water drinkable. This way you get lots of liquids which you will need in the heat and humididty of Florida.

Have a great trip

jjgoo

Hi and welcome. I always bring my own water into the parks in a small backpack.

Between sharing a large drink with my DW and the water I usually find that we are good until we take a break back at the Hotel. With a family you could have a couple of people carrying water. If you think you may stay the whole day you could always bring some in a backpack and rent a locker - still cheaper than buying liquid at the parks.

I second the emotion of not drinking from the fountains. The water tasts terrible, sulfur yuck!

I have heard about a personal Britta type filter that you are supposed to be able to attach to a water bottle. Maybe you can search for that.

Good luck and have fun!

theflame

Original Poster
Tinkrbell
We are going Oct.5-13 and camping at Fort Wilderness. Sorry we'll miss you! Actually you will be there if we make it on
5th. We have a chicken farm and we are never sure until the last minute of the day we leave or return!

We have never gone in Oct. it is usually Jan. How are the crowds and the weather?

mousebymarriage

In the past we have either purchased one of those inexpensive styrafoam coolers at the area grocery store (Publix) and a case of water and some juices boxes etc. or rented a fridge ($10 per day at the value resorts) and brought one of those soft sided lunch boxes from home to fill with drinks before we left the resort each morning. We never worried about carrying it because we always have either rented a stroller or had one of our own. The strollers are great for carrying souveniers, our drinks/ snacks and even a tired child:D !

slappy magoo

Another option: Brita (the water filter co). sells 20-24 oz. power bottles with a filter on the inside of the top (plus you can buy replaceable filters). It really helps get the stink out of the tap water. You can buy them in Target stores as well as many supermarkets, and I usually find them for less than 8 dollars each.

snakeislandboy

While we are talking about the horrible tasting water... I was in the parks back in June. I remember that I stopped at one water fountain and the water tasted great and it was cold. I was thinking "I need to remember this water fountain." Now, I forgot. I think it was in EPCOT. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

hematite153

I have heard about a personal Britta type filter that you are supposed to be able to attach to a water bottle. Maybe you can search for that.

Another option: Brita (the water filter co). sells 20-24 oz. power bottles with a filter on the inside of the top (plus you can buy replaceable filters). It really helps get the stink out of the tap water. You can buy them in Target stores as well as many supermarkets, and I usually find them for less than 8 dollars each.

Last I heard, they had discontinued production of these. However, they were great, so I'll keep hoping they return. If you find them easily in stores near you, you may want to stock up.

I was in the parks back in June. I remember that I stopped at one water fountain and the water tasted great and it was cold. I was thinking "I need to remember this water fountain." Now, I forgot. I think it was in EPCOT. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Was it near the leaping frog fountains? I seem to remember a similar experience somewhere. I agree, I think it was EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom