Just had to share

princessmommy

My favorite quote from our December trip.
We used the car one night about 5 nights in to our 10 day vacation to vist AKL, and after making a wrong turn ended up out of "Disney". We immediately turned around at the first light, but in the 3 minutes we were out of the bubble my hubby said "I don't like this, I feel exposed"... Haha so true. I love escaping to all that is the Disney bubble, don't you?

A close second and third for favorite quotes was that we made it all the way to the arch before my kids new where we were going. I had my 7 year old read the sign and he said "Walt Disney World, but this isn't the real Disney World is it?" Then walking in to the lobby to check in, he said "I am so excited, I forgot what day of the week it is!"

What are some of your favorite vacay quotes?

PUSH

We seem to have a quote that sticks with us each vacation. Some of my favorites include...

"We're on vacation!"- Whenever we would question whether something was expensive or was "unethical" we would use this saying. Jokingly of course.

"That's my bag, man!"- No idea how this one came up, but I assume it had to do with the bag we carry around. Whenever we'd switch who was carrying the bag we would say this. Also we used it when we would talk about something we're good at. This quote comes up every now and then till this day.

And of course....

"Let's go commando!"- This one was started when my father said it and my mom and I both told it what it means. It stuck with us for that trip and became our saying for the next trip. We got some good laughs out of it.

There are also a bunch of quotes from the car rides down and back where we start to get slap happy. Although I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

"just keep swimming."
when everyone was hot and grumpy one august trip, and everything was going wrong and we were debating what to do next, my four year old niece suggested we just keep swimming- like it was a reasonable answer.
we all just looked at her, and busted out laughing, things were suddenly better and we all just kept swimming.
now when the chips are down, the lines are long, the weather is hot, the fast passes are gone........
we just keep swimming

Upvote 0

luv

DS saying, "Everyone is so nice here!" Back then, they really were nice. He was happy and I was happier.

After buying their tickets, I told my nephews they had to have $374 (or whatever the number was) worth of fun before Wednesday (or whatever daybwe were leaving. We then entered Epcot, walked up to SSE and rode it. When we came out, my nephew talked quickly about all the things he liked on the ride and said, "I already had $374 worth of fun! I had more than that!" I had $500 worth - no, $1000 worth of fun! He meant it. He wasn't being polite or grateful. He really enjoyed the ride (his first at WDW) THAT much.

My nephews then proceeded to outdo each other with higher and higher amounts of fun they had had.

And it was already worth the $800 in tickets.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Love these! As we were getting onto the plane at MCO, our then almost three year old had the first class passengers giggling. We were in order, our younger son, the hubby, our older son and then me (so I didn't hear what he said). So, we're getting on the plane and have to stop so those in front of us could settle in, giving an already seated first class passenger the opportunity to ask this cute, little boy if he went to DisneyWorld. He said, "Yes." The next question was something like 'Did you meet Mickey Mouse?' or "What did you think of Mickey Mouse?" He answered, "He had these BIG eyes, and BIG ears and a BIG head." All I caught was the smiles on the passengers faces and wondered what just happened.

Second cute quote: We visited the princesses at their M&G, being first in line of the ten or so people let in at a time. We met Cinderella and Belle, got autographs, pics and chatted with each. Since we were first in line, the subsequent princess had the opportunity to prep for us. Our last princess was Aurora. Well, she decided to take a nap on her plush bench. We told the boys they had to wake her up, and to do that, one of them had to kiss her. No takers. Neither would kiss her hand, either. Our younger son, posed with this conundrum, just decided to yell, "Wake up!" No avail. The photo pass guy suggested they blow her a kiss instead. Problem solved.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

My favorite quote is, "We're Here!". My son says that to me every year after we've passed through Epcot's turnstiles and are heading for SE for our first ride of a two week vacation.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

On our first trip in 2004, we stayed at CBR and didn't check in till around 5.00pm,so we just checked out our resort,had something to eat at the food court,and went to bed early as our DS 6, was shattered with the 9 hour + flight.When I awoke in the morning,I looked over at my sons bed and it was empty.He was standing at the window,looking out.I asked him what was he doing? And he replied," It's not a dream,we're here." The look on his face was priceless.:)

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

On our first trip in 2004, we stayed at CBR and didn't check in till around 5.00pm,so we just checked out our resort,had something to eat at the food court,and went to bed early as our DS 6, was shattered with the 9 hour + flight.When I awoke in the morning,I looked over at my sons bed and it was empty.He was standing at the window,looking out.I asked him what was he doing? And he replied," It's not a dream,we're here." The look on his face was priceless.:)

Now, I'm crying!

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
When we made our first trip with our sons back in the 90's, we did not tell them where we were going (we lived in Melbourne at the time). Both fell asleep during the drive, and we had just passed under the entrance when they both woke up. Our oldest said "where are we?", and the youngest (it was his 5th birthday!) replied "were in Disney, dummy". We about died laughing, and still use it to this day, even though they are in their 20's now!

Upvote 0

Sharired

I just loved how my DS 3 kept saying on our last trip, "we're having so much fun at Disney World!"

It was also neat to observe how much his language had evolved since his first trip. We had to be very basic last time, "Mickey's house, ride the horsey..." This time though he learned the names of everything and it made me proud that he called the parks by their names, "Magic Kingdom, Epcot..." We even got him to say Spaceship Earth instead of "the big ball."

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

One evening at MK, we were in the Haunted Mansion, and everybody joined in with the opening narration. Then, as you know, the lights go out, there's a scream and the lights come back on. Somebody then shouted in a (hopefully) joking manner "I peed myself!"

On another trip, I was referred to as Mr. T by the cast member checking us in. This was because our booking for some reason had just our first initials as our names. The CM in question then kept referring to herself as "S", using the same naming conventions.

Finally, not a Disney trip, but another trip to the US, my brother and I were visiting a shopping mall, and when we finished, we were heading to the bus stop to catch the bus back to the city. However, it was raining heavily at the time. Being British, rain doesn't bother us, so we continued on our way. However, there was one guy talking to another guy, complaining about the weather. His words were "this is f***ing baloney! I ain't goin' out in no rain, dog!". Since then, whenever it's been raining at home and we don't want to go outside, we always say "I ain't goin' out in no rain, dog!" (although it doesn't sound quite right in a British accent!)

Upvote 0
Our 7-year-old came out with some doozies on our trip two years ago, with some of the best non-sequiturs during a long lunch at CHH.

"Are grown ups' pajamas just old clothes?"
"How can a snowman ice skate if it's not real?"
"How do you spell 'E'?"
"Do fairies have cars?"
"How far is it from Disney World to Antarctica?"
"I liked that so much I pooted on myself!"
"Please? I'll give you a thousand dollars!"

Upvote 0

flipadeeflop

My favorite quote from our December trip.
We used the car one night about 5 nights in to our 10 day vacation to vist AKL, and after making a wrong turn ended up out of "Disney". We immediately turned around at the first light, but in the 3 minutes we were out of the bubble my hubby said "I don't like this, I feel exposed"... Haha so true. I love escaping to all that is the Disney bubble, don't you?

A close second and third for favorite quotes was that we made it all the way to the arch before my kids new where we were going. I had my 7 year old read the sign and he said "Walt Disney World, but this isn't the real Disney World is it?" Then walking in to the lobby to check in, he said "I am so excited, I forgot what day of the week it is!"

What are some of your favorite vacay quotes?

I think "I am so excited, I forgot what day of the week it is!" would have been my favorite!!!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

On our trip last June we were in the Studios bright and early for our last day in the parks. My husband had to fly home the day before so it was just me and the girls. We had a pretty strict schedule as we had a flight to catch that night. A guy w/ a big group was pulling a big cooler on wheels cut across in front of us. I stopped short and tripped and fell hard. Broke two toes. I immediately knew I was hurt bad. I had a crowd of people and several cast members around me. The first thing I said to the kids as I handed them our tickets, fast passes and the camera.."JUST KEEP GOING!"

You should have heard the laughter...it kept me from crying and from ruining the last day of our trip...now it has become our motto.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom