Just Got Back... Thoughts on Disney - Good & Bad

duck_daddy

I'll throw in my vote here, and spit against the wind. I found the food at Disney to be great overall! Worst food was at The Garden Grill, now keep in mind this doesn't meen it was bad. The Garden Grill's food was good, but just average(stuuf I could get close to home) Sci-Fi (IMHO) was amazing, the best steak I've eaten in a while. CRT-great, Norway's Royal Banquet Hall-great. Even the dogs at Casey's-great! We ate almost everywhere, during our 8-day stay and couldn't complain about any! The dining plan was/is marvelous. The only place I wouldn't eat if I wasn't on the dining plan would be The Garden Grill. Couldn't find one place that was bad! The only complaint came from my 8 year old daughter, whose just a wee bit to old for mac and cheese and the such offered on the kids menu at most places!:wave:

xXx-Tink-xXx

Glad to hear you had a good trip! I have been 5 times and I am going again in June of this year, can't wait! I'm curious to find out what The Living Seas is now like since it has been updated with Nemo!

We've eaten in the Sci-Fi theater a few times and each time, the food is terrible! We keep going back because the ambiance is so cool and I think every time we hope the food will be better. It never is!

As for Carousel of Progress, that one is my ultimate favorite! I know that might sound lame, but I just have always loved it and would be sad if they changed it too much. I've even written them several letters about keeping it open and how disappointed I would be if it ever closed. But it would probably make sense to update at least the last scene. Not really change it too much, but add some new details! At least it would still be keeping with the theme!

Also, I find the food at Columbia Harbor House still seems better each time we go! I was disappointed when they got rid of the giant bread bowls for the clam chowder, but their sandwiches are excellent!

I'm glad the trip was great!

Is there anywhere that you can get bread bowls with soup in the world?

paul436

THE BAD...

The Speedway is STILL out of place in tomorrowland and now seems more dated than ever. Hester & Jester's in Animal Kingdom was virtually deserted last week. I call it the "Theme Park that Time Forgot". This concept has failed, and I don't even know what to suggest on how to fix it.
I never liked Hester & Jester's. I walk through every time I go to AK hoping I might enjoy it but never do.:(

I don't plan on going on the Speedway on my next trip in August. My youngest child is now 10 years old (the others are 12 and 15) and I don't see them being interested in going on it this time. Especially since there always seems to be a long line for it.

erasure fan1

going against the grain here, i have to agree with you but at the sametime, once im there, i havent ever really thought the sit-down meals were all that great. it seems (because it is) that the food is mass produced like the food tastes at major convention hall sit down meals. we have better gormet food locally for a fraction of the price but i guess we arent at disney :rolleyes:

Thats kind of how I feel. I love going to the different places but the food for the most part is average. That doesnt mean I dont enjoy dinning at Disney. The restaraunt themes are awsome and thats what I enjoy the most about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom