Just Got Back..MM Plus Works

Marijil

Original Poster
Have to say....just got back...there 8 nights straight through xmas and loved the magic bands....switched fast pass plus selections on the fly....same with dining...even got a BOG the night before while eating pizza on my bed at POR, just fooling around w app..i know it gets blasted on here but i was very impressed and it made the trip easier...no fast pass runners, etc,...if anything i would say the wi fi needs improvement, just my two cents

The poster said they were staying at POR. I think only the values have to only use FP+. We were staying at POP so I had the full "experience" - not able to use paper fast passes at all. Sorry, but the limit of 3 FPs and the tiering stinks big time, IMHO. The bands only worked 2 out of 9 days for our FP+ on top of that. But, yes they worked for park entry, food and resort entry. Overall not happy with our latest annual trip because of FP+. They need to remove the teiring and allow more FPs at MK.

hellowonderland

We used the Magic Bands for two days in December, and I can't believe I'm going to say this (because I hate the whole idea of Next Gen), but we had zero issues and actually enjoyed the convenience. The parks were so busy that having the FP+ eased our minds (although we booked before they started tiering the rides, so we got all good ones) and paying with the Magic Bands was a breeze.

We did see a few angry guests at the resort (Key West), who were having issues with the MBs (and way overreacting, in my opinion) but otherwise, everything worked like a charm, and I didn't have any problems with it whatsoever.

God, who am I? :eek:

PS: I should say that I still think the gazillion dollars could have been better spent. But at least Splash Mountain was working handsomely while we were there.

Marijil

Original Poster
Did use paper Fps for space mountain, however they were given to us by leaving guests:happy:...truth is i wasn't sure if we could get them....never felt the need, arrived at park opening used well researched Touring Plans...thank you Len and Geralyn and walked on lots of stuff, this includes xmas eve at MK, pirates, ariel, mansion, pooh,(used fp+ for the mountains) and Christmas day at Epcot, walked on TT and used fp+ for Soarin...in my opinion the best FP plusses are the ones you can use for parades and meet and greets and fantasmic....i assume that the "lol" was sarcastic, appreciate the contribution

disney4life2008

Did use paper Fps for space mountain, however they were given to us by leaving guests:happy:...truth is i wasn't sure if we could get them....never felt the need, arrived at park opening used well researched Touring Plans...thank you Len and Geralyn and walked on lots of stuff, this includes xmas eve at MK, pirates, ariel, mansion, pooh,(used fp+ for the mountains) and Christmas day at Epcot, walked on TT and used fp+ for Soarin...in my opinion the best FP plusses are the ones you can use for parades and meet and greets and fantasmic....i assume that the "lol" was sarcastic, appreciate the contribution

Yes, my LOL was sarcasm :)

At MK, EP, HS: How long was your waits in the FP+ lines? Do you share a line with the paper FP guests or are there 3 seperate lines? I am most interested in your waits for FP+ for Soarin, the mountains, and TSMM if you used any of them.

At MK, EP, HS: How long was your waits in the FP+ lines? Do you share a line with the paper FP guests or are there 3 seperate lines? I am most interested in your waits for FP+ for Soarin, the mountains, and TSMM if you used any of them.

Used my FP+ for TSMM on 12/27. The wait was at 95 mins. Our fastpass was the same line for paper or band. Our total wait was 5-6 mins.

Disneyhead'71

It does seem that they have worked out a lot of the technical issues with the system.
That said, it still appears that the local/day guests are going to be massively screwed with this joyously wondrous game changing advancement in theme park development.
As a local, all I can say is "Yeah! I'm glad your money is better than mine!"

Marijil

Original Poster

Two longest FP+ waits were Soarin and BTMRR, soarin was about 12-15 min with a lot of movement if you get what I'm saying..... that was at noon xmas day, the BTMRR Fastpass+ line was pictured here a few weeks ago, the line went around the back but moved constantly, maybe 15 to 18 min total, Space mountain FP using both paper (as described above) and FP+ was about 6- 8 min, Splash was walk on however please know that we used our FP+ right after a brief shut down and were basically first back in line, TSMM was probably the best, Ive always been frustrated by trying to get on this thing..we had a 940 FP+ and waited maybe 4 min..park opened at 8 and by the time we got there at 940, standby was 60 min...i don't consider the BTMRR and Soarin waits bad, i don't know if you've been there xmas week but its hairy...i saw huge lines for dole whips and bathrooms (not kidding)
hope that was helpful

We did share lines w paper FP

Marijil

Original Poster
I would also note (saw this somewhere) yes...you do need your smartphone with you....AND CHARGED...good eyesight and a glare guard is also helpful

disney4life2008

Two longest FP+ waits were Soarin and BTMRR, soarin was about 12-15 min with a lot of movement if you get what I'm saying..... that was at noon xmas day, the BTMRR Fastpass+ line was pictured here a few weeks ago, the line went around the back but moved constantly, maybe 15 to 18 min total, Space mountain FP using both paper (as described above) and FP+ was about 6- 8 min, Splash was walk on however please know that we used our FP+ right after a brief shut down and were basically first back in line, TSMM was probably the best, Ive always been frustrated by trying to get on this thing..we had a 940 FP+ and waited maybe 4 min..park opened at 8 and by the time we got there at 940, standby was 60 min...i don't consider the BTMRR and Soarin waits bad, i don't know if you've been there xmas week but its hairy...i saw huge lines for dole whips and bathrooms (not kidding)
hope that was helpful

We did share lines w paper FP

Thank you :)

MFreez

If you have members of your party who won't go on many rides, can you put on their band and use their booked fastpass+ time? I heard a name comes up when you swipe but does a DOB? Thanks.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you have members of your party who won't go on many rides, can you put on their band and use their booked fastpass+ time? I heard a name comes up when you swipe but does a DOB? Thanks.
Yes you can give your band to another member of your party. My son wore mine and although he got a strange look when my name popped up he was admitted without issue.

No DOB on the screen.

MFreez

Great! Thank you. We have been going to Disney for 7 years and use multiple FP per day in multiple parks so I was extremely disappointed to see all the restrictions of FP+. We are going in March so any advice on optimizing the use of this would be greatly appreciated. Being able to switch out bands should help.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have to say....just got back...there 8 nights straight through xmas and loved the magic bands....switched fast pass plus selections on the fly....same with dining...even got a BOG the night before while eating pizza on my bed at POR, just fooling around w app..i know it gets blasted on here but i was very impressed and it made the trip easier...no fast pass runners, etc,...if anything i would say the wi fi needs improvement, just my two cents

What was your ticket type Package/Magic My Way/AP or Other?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom