Just Got Back..MM Plus Works

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I would also note (saw this somewhere) yes...you do need your smartphone with you....AND CHARGED...good eyesight and a glare guard is also helpful
So were you able to enjoy the parks without keeping you nose to your phone all day checking Facebook posts?

How many people did you run into while changing your reservations?

disney4life2008

So were you able to enjoy the parks without keeping you nose to your phone all day checking Facebook posts?

I think regardless of MM+ as of 2012 people were glued to their cell phones anyway. This is even more true since the iphone in 2007 and has increased every year sense.

Marijil

Original Poster

Dont do facebook...my biggest problem with the phone is my eyes and my cracked screen

Nubs70

Have to say....just got back...there 8 nights straight through xmas and loved the magic bands....switched fast pass plus selections on the fly....same with dining...even got a BOG the night before while eating pizza on my bed at POR, just fooling around w app..i know it gets blasted on here but i was very impressed and it made the trip easier...no fast pass runners, etc,...if anything i would say the wi fi needs improvement, just my two cents
But did you spend more money than you initially planned?

Marijil

Original Poster
Actually no...trip was carefully planned, I'm not sure what money has to do w mymagic+ but no we didn't

Nubs70

Actually no...trip was carefully planned, I'm not sure what money has to do w mymagic+ but no we didn't
Thus the inherent problem with MM+. The customer facing side of MM+ you describe sounds like a resounding success. However, the corporate facing side is only satisfied when you spend more money than planned. MM+ is a multi-billion dollar investment in increasing impulse purchases.

I find it peculiar that WDW believes that customers that a disciplined enough to save for a vacation, intelligent enough to navigate MM+ in planning the trip, and tolerant of the faults of MM+, will suddenly forget any sense of fiscal responsibility and spend additional money on impulse.

Nubs70

I feel dumb...not seeing how the next gen stuff leads to spending more...
Don't feel dumb. The purpose and justification for MM+ is to increase the money you spend in park. It is known as Per Room Guest Spending or PRGS. Many fail to see how it will increase PRGS.

If I have the discipline to save money for 51 weeks so I can go to WDW, why would I lose my fiscal discipline for 1 week. Would a wristband turn a guest into an uncontrolled, frothing shopping diva anymore than a credit card? I think not.

MM+ was not built for your convenience, it is being built to get you to spend more money.

Last edited:

Marijil

Original Poster
If the idea is limit fast passes and put more guests in stores and restaurants...then it did not work on us
if anything the fp+ made us arrive at park opening...(loved the mk welcome show at 7am)..leave park at lunch time and maybe go back later...there was a day that we didn't go back as planned, hung at resort, met santa etc..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom