Just got back from WDW

adv.bluedude

Original Poster
I just got back a couple days ago and I'm somewhat confused on why people hate the tour groups. I stayed at the hotel with four of them and the most they did was overrun the parks. Now that that's out of the way, I'll just go through every park

Magic Kingdom
-Jungle Cruise is amazing at night
-We had alot of problems with service at the Plaza Restraunt
-I love the new Space Mountain refurb. It was dark and ran amazing. The only thing I didnt really like was when you get in line for the Alpha side, it takes you into this really unthemed back room before loading. One last thing. I'm not sure how many people have actually noticed this but in the last scene of the postshow, in the shelves behind the robot is Spaceship Earth and a crystal thing that looks like the roof from Horizons.
-Hate the Tiki Room
-Finally found the FSU weasel in Splash Mountain :D
A lot of the things in Small World looked really worn. I think the refurb would be good.
-For some reason, the Captain Hook float and To Honor America weren't in MSEP on July 10th.
-It killed me to hear people call Flounder Nemo in Philharmagic

EPCOT
-I dont know if it's always done this but SSE and JIYIWF were running really loudly.
-Got the Dreamfinder vinylmation pin and EPCOT Center Vinylmation.
-Went on Test Track and saw the Windows XP logo on one of the computer screens(which was hilarious)
-Sum of All Thrills is my favorite thing in Innoventions :D

MGM(yes. I still call it that)
-The queue for Toy Story Mania was full of garbage. Like literally everywhere in the queue.
-I really like the new ToT refurb for Summer Nightastic(though I don't like the starfield before the drop.
-Muppetvision was amazing like always

Animal Kingdom
-The yeti was actually moving even though they still had the strobe lights on.

That's about it. Just a random Trip report

Grizzly Hall 71

I just got back a couple days ago and I'm somewhat confused on why people hate the tour groups. I stayed at the hotel with four of them and the most they did was overrun the parks. Now that that's out of the way, I'll just go through every park

Magic Kingdom
-Jungle Cruise is amazing at night
-We had alot of problems with service at the Plaza Restraunt
-I love the new Space Mountain refurb. It was dark and ran amazing. The only thing I didnt really like was when you get in line for the Alpha side, it takes you into this really unthemed back room before loading. One last thing. I'm not sure how many people have actually noticed this but in the last scene of the postshow, in the shelves behind the robot is Spaceship Earth and a crystal thing that looks like the roof from Horizons.
-Hate the Tiki Room
-Finally found the FSU weasel in Splash Mountain :D
A lot of the things in Small World looked really worn. I think the refurb would be good.
-For some reason, the Captain Hook float and To Honor America weren't in MSEP on July 10th.

EPCOT
-I dont know if it's always done this but SSE and JIYIWF were running really loudly.
-Got the Dreamfinder vinylmation pin and EPCOT Center Vinylmation.
-Went on Test Track and saw the Windows XP logo on one of the computer screens(which was hilarious)
-Sum of All Thrills is my favorite thing in Innoventions :D

MGM(yes. I still call it that)
-The queue for Toy Story Mania was full of garbage. Like literally everywhere in the queue.
-I really like the new ToT refurb for Summer Nightastic(though I don't like the starfield before the drop.
-Muppetvision was amazing like always

Animal Kingdom
-The yeti was actually moving even though they still had the strobe lights on.

That's about it. Just a random Trip report

I saw that also I think it's the figure is the entire showbuilding.

dreamfinder

It's not all tour groups. Just the ones that seem to run amok in the parks. Frequently the foreign groups (and even some American ones) have etiquette that differs than the norms in America. Things like cutting in line, walking around chanting stuff, being generally obnoxious. Now admittedly a family could do the same thing, and not be as noticeable. Two kids in a family cut a line, rude yes, but not annoying. Twenty kinds in a group cut in line, rude and annoying, especially when you ask them to wait like everyone else. The same thing with FP lines. A family of four struggling to get their FP's from the machine, frustrating, but at least they are done in a minute. A group of 40 struggling, takes eons.

If the group is acting in a responsible manner, all the power to them. But the ones that ignore local social norms are annoying and irresponsible.

SOLISIMO

It's not all tour groups. Just the ones that seem to run amok in the parks. Frequently the foreign groups (and even some American ones) have etiquette that differs than the norms in America. Things like cutting in line, walking around chanting stuff, being generally obnoxious. Now admittedly a family could do the same thing, and not be as noticeable. Two kids in a family cut a line, rude yes, but not annoying. Twenty kinds in a group cut in line, rude and annoying, especially when you ask them to wait like everyone else. The same thing with FP lines. A family of four struggling to get their FP's from the machine, frustrating, but at least they are done in a minute. A group of 40 struggling, takes eons.

If the group is acting in a responsible manner, all the power to them. But the ones that ignore local social norms are annoying and irresponsible.

You bring up a great point, I hate being behind that one person that is getting over 10 fast passes, it really annoys me

KnK

You bring up a great point, I hate being behind that one person that is getting over 10 fast passes, it really annoys me

Having just gone on vacation with a group of 11, four of which where children and two older folks. It's difficult to get everyone to a fast past ticket distribution. We took turns getting tickets for the group. One person moves faster than 11. It would have been worse with all of us standing in line.

MickeyTraveler

Having just gone on vacation with a group of 11, four of which where children and two older folks. It's difficult to get everyone to a fast past ticket distribution. We took turns getting tickets for the group. One person moves faster than 11. It would have been worse with all of us standing in line.
Yeah I do that too. For our group of 5 I'm the fastest so I run ahead. Good trip report OP!

adv.bluedude

Original Poster
I just remembered two things I completely forgot to mention:

1.Does anyone know what their refurbing in the holding area in American Adventure?
2.I'm probably way to late for this(someone has to have said this already) but I'm pretty sure that there is something going behind the sign for Peter Pan and it's probably coming relatively soon. I went to morning EMH in Magic Kingdom and saw some people in suits telling a castmember in a hard hat where to put things up there.

LudwigVonDrake

I, too, just came back. I wanted to mention the tour groups. They weren't as obnoxious or as out of control as they've been in the past. At least in my dealings with them. I will say the chanting, clapping and singing on line gets old quick :)

There was TONS of garbage in all the queues. People are slobs and should be ashamed of themselves.

adv.bluedude

Original Poster
Being a BIG Tikiphile would like to know what you dislike about the Tiki Room, could they do anything to improve it, that would change your opinion :confused: Thanks! Duckberg :D

There really wasnt any real story in it. Absolutely no ending and it just sucked. Not much else to say. How to make it better? Just bring back the original.

adv.bluedude

Original Poster
I, too, just came back. I wanted to mention the tour groups. They weren't as obnoxious or as out of control as they've been in the past. At least in my dealings with them. I will say the chanting, clapping and singing on line gets old quick :)

There was TONS of garbage in all the queues. People are slobs and should be ashamed of themselves.

The tour groups really weren't bad at all(other than occasional noise). I stayed at a hotel with about four of the tour groups and the most they did was overtake everything.

tink729

I just remembered two things I completely forgot to mention:

1.Does anyone know what their refurbing in the holding area in American Adventure?
2.I'm probably way to late for this(someone has to have said this already) but I'm pretty sure that there is something going behind the sign for Peter Pan and it's probably coming relatively soon. I went to morning EMH in Magic Kingdom and saw some people in suits telling a castmember in a hard hat where to put things up there.

I was at the EMH near Peter Pan last week as well and saw two men with hard hats and clipboards pointing to above the ride and making notes/diagrams. I wonder what they are adding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom