Just got back from a week at Universal and the service is awful!!

Crockett

Banned
And speaking as a wimp, I still enjoy Universal for the theming and the fact that all the other rides are a lot of fun. It may not have the atmosphere and magic of Disney, but Spiderman is pretty amazing.
^Amen to that. I am looking forward to how the 3D effects will appear once the screens are HD. It is already an amazing ride the way it is, but I'm sure the rehab will be a well-noticed upgrade. I also wish they would add different villains into the attraction which were not in the original version.

Skip

^Amen to that. I am looking forward to how the 3D effects will appear once the screens are HD. It is already an amazing ride the way it is, but I'm sure the rehab will be a well-noticed upgrade. I also wish they would add different villains into the attraction which were not in the original version.

So, this response - which could've easily fit in more recent threads dedicated specifically to the Spidey upgrades - warranted resurrecting a thread from 2007? You've done the same to several other years-old threads with highly negative titles.

Coincidence? Unlikely. Maybe I was too quick to think you'd turned a new leaf...?

disney fan 13

So, this response - which could've easily fit in more recent threads dedicated specifically to the Spidey upgrades - warranted resurrecting a thread from 2007? You've done the same to several other years-old threads with highly negative titles.

Coincidence? Unlikely. Maybe I was too quick to think you'd turned a new leaf...?

He's pulling a mitt romney:eek:

but yeah this is like the third thread...

and now the top 5 thread's are old universal was terrible, citywalk is more dangerous then the hood, dancing drunk guys... etc

captainkidd

Did the OP ever state where they stayed? Just curious. I find the employees at Universal's hotels far friendlier and happier than those at WDW. I know they work for Loews', but to me, their great service is a reflection of Universal.

JT3000

Come on, Crockett, I'm sure you can find more ridiculously old, negative Universal threads than this. You're slacking on the blatant attempt at a smear campaign. Go big or go home.

scoobygirl39541

I'm sorry, but I am one of those people that will probably never go to Universal. I might go when the Harry Potter park opens, but that's it.

And I don't think I will enjoy Universal. From what I understand there are alot of thrill rides, which I personally don't enjoy. Also, I think that it's a place where you could spend two days and be done. I know alot of people do Universal and Disney on the same vacation, but that just doesn't make sense to me.

Besides Disney has a magic. It's what makes me want to go back and makes me want to come here to learn more about it.

It is my opinion, so you are intitled to disagree, but I don't think having this opinion makes me close-minded about everything. I think I am very open-minded, though I do have a problem with change, when it pertains to my own life, and I am working on that.

Sorry, I just had to say that. For too many years I've defending myself against people who don't understand why I like Disney so much. And I hold nothing against people who like Universal.

Well let me explain then. I happen to love both parks equally. Believe it or not, Universal holds the same sentimental value as Disney for me. A trip wouldn't be complete if we just went to one and not the other. However, I do love the Universal Studios side way more than Islands of Adventure, both parks have must do attractions for us (but we usually skip Harry Potter altogether). Sometimes I actually find going to Universal refreshing after 4 days at a Disney park AND staying at a Disney resort, its a nice escape from that environment because it IS a different experience and one we really enjoy.

ETA: oh my, sorry! I didn't realize this was such an old thread!

MickeyMind

yea.. I just noticed the date on this thread,whatever experience you might have had at universal pre-harry potter just ignore, because we went twice in 2011 and we had an awesome time. No rude cms. hotels were better than anything disney has for the same price. Seriously, uni is looking alot better.. I used to only go to disney, but uni is now taking a nice chunk of my vacation money

AswaySuller

Yeah I don't know why this thread got bumped but personally I find the staff at US/IOA almost as good as Disney and better than Disneyland in Anaheim!

Crockett

Banned
I find the staff at US/IOA almost as good as Disney and better than Disneyland in Anaheim!
It has gotten better in recent years, I'll admit that. Actually, Orlando service as a whole tops DL/Californis theme parks. Last time we visited DLR, the CM's seemed more rushed than those in the Fla parks.

JimJam

Now that is a really ignorant statement, way to keep an open mind. By the way Universal offers some of the best deals in Orlando that dont require families to spend a whole lot of $$$.

Best Deals in Orlando? You Cannot Be Serious. Its $120 to get into Universal or IOA, whereas its $85 to get into Disney. You have to pay an arm and a leg to get. And for what? Disney is 10x as better (ex. family environment, larger, better themes, better food, more friendly people, the list just goes on and on)

This is why i wont go to U or IOA, they are crooks...

Captain Chaos

Best Deals in Orlando? You Cannot Be Serious. Its $120 to get into Universal or IOA, whereas its $85 to get into Disney. You have to pay an arm and a leg to get. And for what? Disney is 10x as better (ex. family environment, larger, better themes, better food, more friendly people, the list just goes on and on)

1 day at WDW for 1 park = $85
1 day at Universal OR IOA 1 park = $85

1 Day Park Hopper for WDW = $120
1 Day 2 Park to Park for Universal and IOA = $120

2 Day Park Hopper for WDW = $223.00
2 Day Park to Park Universal to IOA = 136.00

You may want to check your facts before posting...

alissafalco

I couldn't agree more 1000%!!! Every step you turned they tried to get more money out of you. I was stopped walking by a worker trying to sell me Blue man group tickets, then you can pay well over 40$ extra if you want to go on rides faster (fast pass), then if you want to dry off from the water rides thats an extra 5$!! My husband and I both said we never ever have to come back here again!! The only thing we felt good about was that my mother bought the 22.99$ all you can eat pass and she just went on line 3 times a meal so my husband and I both got our meals for free. I did not feel bad about that at all!! There are so many people there and no one is watching if the person wearing the bracelet continuosly goes up on line for meals.

JT3000

Are you related to Crockett by any chance? You're welcome to have a biased perception, despite it not having any objective worth, but at least get your facts straight. You just compared the price of a Disney single park ticket to a Universal park hopper. Completely nonsensical. Comparing like tickets, they're the exact same price.

Are there any other lies you'd care to sell?

I couldn't agree more 1000%!!! Every step you turned they tried to get more money out of you. I was stopped walking by a worker trying to sell me Blue man group tickets, then you can pay well over 40$ extra if you want to go on rides faster (fast pass), then if you want to dry off from the water rides thats an extra 5$!! My husband and I both said we never ever have to come back here again!!

Did anyone MAKE you buy those things? No. So that's not a valid complaint.

Captain Chaos

I couldn't agree more 1000%!!! Every step you turned they tried to get more money out of you. I was stopped walking by a worker trying to sell me Blue man group tickets, then you can pay well over 40$ extra if you want to go on rides faster (fast pass), then if you want to dry off from the water rides thats an extra 5$!! My husband and I both said we never ever have to come back here again!! The only thing we felt good about was that my mother bought the 22.99$ all you can eat pass and she just went on line 3 times a meal so my husband and I both got our meals for free. I did not feel bad about that at all!! There are so many people there and no one is watching if the person wearing the bracelet continuosly goes up on line for meals.

And Disney doesn't try to get money out of you??? :lol:

You exit every ride into.. A GIFT SHOP... They have food carts everywhere in the park... They walk up and down Main Street selling those glow in the dark tinker toys before the night time entertainment... They charge an arm and leg for pictures... They have people walk up and down Main Street selling balloons... DVC (yes I am a DVC member) carts are all over the place... They build DTD for the purpose of taking more money from your pockets...

But Universal is greedy... :lol: I love how hypocritical people are...

JT3000

Disney is in the business of making people happy. They don't want your money. That's why they charge an admission fee.

Disneydreamer23

Im very surprised to hear this when i was there in October they gave me free fast pass tickets to rides and accommodated me very well, they gave my husband free ice and water the whole 4 days we were there and i thought that this last time i went the service was very good. You must have just had some bad people and i must have had the good ones.

alissafalco

And Disney doesn't try to get money out of you??? :lol:

You exit every ride into.. A GIFT SHOP... They have food carts everywhere in the park... They walk up and down Main Street selling those glow in the dark tinker toys before the night time entertainment... They charge an arm and leg for pictures... They have people walk up and down Main Street selling balloons... DVC (yes I am a DVC member) carts are all over the place... They build DTD for the purpose of taking more money from your pockets...

But Universal is greedy... :lol: I love how hypocritical people are...

NO ONE has ever approached me at Disney and tried to get me to buy things like universal did. Yes, things are there in Disney to purchase on my own, but I don't get solicited like I did at Universal.

disney fan 13

Well, looks like team Disney came over here, frustrated about how we outnumber them and needed to go Crocket and CBF on us...

Then decided to continue arguing after facts have come out...

Gotta love that pixie dust

EDIT no offense intended for team disneyers who do not go trolling

Captain Chaos

NO ONE has ever approached me at Disney and tried to get me to buy things like universal did. Yes, things are there in Disney to purchase on my own, but I don't get solicited like I did at Universal.

Funny, but I never ONCE was ever approached by anyone in Universal trying to get me to by things... You are the first person I ever heard say this, and actually, I never even witnessed it happening... But fact of the matter is, you do not have to buy anything even if approached...

Again, you are being a hypocrite saying Universal is only out for your money when Disney is the biggest offender of this....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom