just got back a few opinions...

TURKEY

Originally posted by doombuggie
I think Stitch HAS to go because that street scene is supposed o show how forcred perspective can be done. It is supposed to ook like NYC is right there but that stupid stich pic is ruining it!!

Oh another opinion I had was MONORAIL LIME looks terrible without the Blue Delta's!!

-B

I don't think NY street has done a good job of using forced perspective in a while. Maybe because it just doesn't look real.

DDPGambit

Epcot....sign....must....go....terrible....to....look....at!
Seriously, I cried when I first saw that sign up after the Milenium celeration. I was under the impression it was a temporary thing, and I was cool with that. Then when I went in March 2001, and saw a giant "E" up there, I knew we were in trouble.
:mad: @ the Epcot sign. I hope it falls off. (During the middle of the night so no one is hurt, of course :D )

k9kris

I think they should have put "100" up there instead to go with the whole 100 Years Celebration. It would have made much more sense than putting the name of the park up there. You don't see a sign on Cinderella Castle saying "Magic Kingdom." God, I hope that doesn't give them any ideas!!

DDPGambit

Originally posted by k9kris
I think they should have put "100" up there instead to go with the whole 100 Years Celebration. It would have made much more sense than putting the name of the park up there. You don't see a sign on Cinderella Castle saying "Magic Kingdom." God, I hope that doesn't give them any ideas!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
We don't want to give them any ideas...then again, I don't think it matters. These are the same people that put the Epcot sign up, and the big hat in MGM. Odds are something will happen to the castle soon. Uh oh, guess whats going under rehab in a few weeks! NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

k9kris

Originally posted by DDPGambit

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
We don't want to give them any ideas...then again, I don't think it matters. These are the same people that put the Epcot sign up, and the big hat in MGM. Odds are something will happen to the castle soon. Uh oh, guess whats going under rehab in a few weeks! NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Are they doing construction on it soon???

stingrock23

I'm ok with the stich on the building, i think it looks cool.

But I HATE the Epcot sign. I think it just takes away from the essence of SE. I mean, you don't need that sign to know that it signifies Epcot. That sign should get thrown out with Eisner when he goes. It just looks stupid, and it looked more futuristic before. Maybe i'll knock it down when i go in a few weeks.:slurp:

Jonnyboy

Look at it this way. The sign looks a bit tacky but it associates the 'Big Golf Ball' with Epcot because I'm really not sure if everyone Knew what it was.

RobFL

Account Suspended
A thought...

Do you realize how many people really don't know what the names of the various parks are?

How many times people have wnadered deep into Epcot and asked where the castle is?

How many people don't realize it's called "The Magic Kingdom" and not just DisneyWorld?

-Rob

dmspilot00

Originally posted by RobFL
The ball alone is very bland looking from anywhere inside the park, and identicle to a golf ball from the rear with the base. Looks like it's perched atop a tee.

I am probably the only person on this site that thinks this, and I've wanted to say it for a long time, but the Epcot ball is starting to scare me. It's 2002, and looking at that thing makes it feel like it is still 1982. *Especially* at night--then it almost looks like it's the 70s. The 80s are long gone, thank g*d, and with Horizons gone and the UoE and Imagination exteriors updated (or, painted at least) to bring them into this century, SE does not fit in anymore. I think they should take the ugly triangles off and paint it so it looks like a giant Earth (globe).

Due to it's age it is really a giant disco ball!

Okay, maybe I'm being harsh--it does not look as bad in person as it does in pictures, but it still needs updated.

mickeyfanatics

I think the sign is OK, but they better not touch the Castle. I almost puked when I saw it was Pepto Bismol Pink. Anyway, attached is a picture of the Geosphere (its amazing how many forgot its true name) back in its glory days, before the cemetary out front.

Attachments

• ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 149

RPMdfw

So, most people don't like the Epcot sign, and some don't like Stitch on the NYC skyline . . . how about if Stitch just eat's the Epcot sign? That works for me . . .

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by dmspilot00

I am probably the only person on this site that thinks this, and I've wanted to say it for a long time, but the Epcot ball is starting to scare me. It's 2002, and looking at that thing makes it feel like it is still 1982. *Especially* at night--then it almost looks like it's the 70s. The 80s are long gone, thank g*d, and with Horizons gone and the UoE and Imagination exteriors updated (or, painted at least) to bring them into this century, SE does not fit in anymore. I think they should take the ugly triangles off and paint it so it looks like a giant Earth (globe).

Due to it's age it is really a giant disco ball!

Okay, maybe I'm being harsh--it does not look as bad in person as it does in pictures, but it still needs updated.

Whatever! Not a thing in the world wrong with the '80's or the way SE looks! Tsk tsk to you! :lol:

mickeyfanatics - that is one SWEET pic! :sohappy:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
The "EPCOT" sign on top of Spaceship Earth makes it look absolutely stupid. If people are so stupid that they don't know they're in Epcot by the mere site of SE alone, at least put the sign out by the entrance turnstiles. Why did they have to ruin the premiere Epcot attraction?

dmspilot00

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Whatever! Not a thing in the world wrong with the '80's or the way SE looks! Tsk tsk to you! :lol:

I guess there really isn't anything with the 80s, except the fact they are long gone!! It looked great when it was the 80s... but now it is 2002. Tell me that S.E. fits in with Mission Space. If it is supposed to be the Earth, why doesn't it look like the Earth?

Yeah that pink birthday Castle was pretty bad. Glad the "castle" is back. If anyone wants a picture of it halfway through the "transformation," let me know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom