Just for fun- when you hit World showcase, what country do you start at?

What's your first country

• Mexico

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Canada

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • England

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • other-lol I'm a rebel and work from the inside out

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If entering from IG it's usually to Rose and Crown first. Then onto France to start the loop. If entering through the main gate, then it's Mexico to start the loop there.

Tom 55

Visit Seas then Land them Figment. Then across to Mission Space then Test Track, so being on that side Mexico is first.

Weather_Lady

I usually start with Canada for a very good reason: On my very first trip to Epcot when we got to World Showcase we had to pick either walking to the left or the right (there was no entrance near England at the time). For no particular reason, we went right, to Canada. Maybe because most of the people in my group were right handed? Well, anyway, since that's the way I went on my very first trip, that's usually the way I've gone from then on.
I chose Mexico for the very same reason. There's just a certain nostalgia to doing World Showcase the same way I did for the first time at age 7 or 8.

In fact, apropos of nothing, it was there that my sister and I each picked out our first (and only - we were limited to one item each and it had to be under a certain dollar amount) Disney World souvenirs, ca. 1983: a giant sombrero which my sister insisted on wearing in our van for almost the whole 20-hour ride home, and a chicken pinata for me that I treasured to such an extent that we never actually used it -- it just sat in a place of honor on a closet shelf for 30 years until it disintegrated and had to be thrown away. 🤣 I still think fondly of both every time we stroll into World Showcase.

Last edited:

SBlake

Entering from International Gateway it seems like we always go the direction of France first.
Entering from FW it's Mexico every time.

valenrandy

I chose other lol....

If coming from Skyliner, then its France.
If arriving from front entrance, its a tossup depending on what drink we are looking for lmao ;)🍷🍻

spock8113

Studies done on major retail stores and the direction Americans go when they walk in: We generally go to the right, our traffic minds.
In England, most people enter a store and go to the left.
At World Showcase, I suddenly become British because I go to the left for Mexico, it's close.

redsfan4life

Voted France because thats the way I will enter from now one since I always stay at Pop Century so Skyliner . Before Skyliner I always started in Mexico except one time I started in Canada and felt off all day

horizons82

Usually Mexico, but there were times we used to enjoy going to France first to eat a Les Halles before the rest of the World Showcase would open, which was thoroughly enjoyable.
But it has been years since we last went...is Les Halles still open early before the rest of the WS?

Smiley/OCD

Studies done on major retail stores and the direction Americans go when they walk in: We generally go to the right, our traffic minds.
In England, most people enter a store and go to the left.
At World Showcase, I suddenly become British because I go to the left for Mexico, it's close.
This…that is why in most supermarkets, the staples I.e. the milk and bread are on the opposite end of the store…this way you have to navigate through a large chunk of the store. As far as the question goes, since I’m left handed, I tend to go left as opposed to the right.

JoeCamel

This…that is why in most supermarkets, the staples I.e. the milk and bread are on the opposite end of the store…this way you have to navigate through a large chunk of the store. As far as the question goes, since I’m left handed, I tend to go left as opposed to the right.
An interesting observation is the difference in people's circulation north and south of the equator. We lean in different directions

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom