Just for fun- when you hit World showcase, what country do you start at?

What's your first country

• Mexico

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Canada

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • England

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • other-lol I'm a rebel and work from the inside out

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I stole this question from the DVC facebook page so some may have played before. Which way do you turn when hitting world showcase.

I usually start at France, we generally stay at our home resort so we come in through the international gateway.

JIMINYCR

We come in at the front entrance of EP. We do Mexico first 95% of the time. Once in a while, but very seldom I will go the other direction to hit Canada first. Mexico is one of the pavilions I find fun to wander through with the lower lighting, the volcano view, the tiny shops and kiosks to visit. But thinking about it I usually go left in all the parks.

Sbk1234

I usually start with Canada for a very good reason: On my very first trip to Epcot when we got to World Showcase we had to pick either walking to the left or the right (there was no entrance near England at the time). For no particular reason, we went right, to Canada. Maybe because most of the people in my group were right handed? Well, anyway, since that's the way I went on my very first trip, that's usually the way I've gone from then on.

Kevin_W

We don't always hit one or the other. Sometimes our first foray into the WS is for an ADR (Via Napoli, once) or an FP+ (Frozen), so we hit those countries then move around from there. There is also sometimes a lot of crisscrossing. Our Epcot days often reach 30,000 steps, while most other parks are ~20,000!

And somehow, in all of our trips to WDW over the past 12 years, we have never taken the boats across the lagoon.

Sbk1234

We don't always hit one or the other. Sometimes our first foray into the WS is for an ADR (Via Napoli, once) or an FP+ (Frozen), so we hit those countries then move around from there. There is also sometimes a lot of crisscrossing. Our Epcot days often reach 30,000 steps, while most other parks are ~20,000!

And somehow, in all of our trips to WDW over the past 12 years, we have never taken the boats across the lagoon.
I've found those boats can be a Godsend!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Slightly depends on where I'm coming from and the reason I'm headed to WS.

If from IG I usually am headed to Canada to eat.

Otherwise I go to Mexico first and then work around.

Minnesota disney fan

Oops, I meant to hit Canada, not England, Sorry.
We always go to the right first, don't know why? I love the gardens in Canada; it's so beautiful there and a good way to start with WS.

Pepper's Ghost

We generally always head left to Mexico but seeing the poll so highly favors that, maybe we'll switch it up this year! 😁
I can't find stats online anywhere, but I've heard that the vast majority of people go through a park clockwise. That seems true enough to me for Epcot because we always start in Canada, and are mostly looking at people's faces because most people are oncoming. That said, I feel like it's the opposite at MK. Seems most people go to Tomorrowland or Fantasyland first. That's just the gist I get. I could be wrong about all of the above though. 🤣🤪 At MK I always start in Adventureland.

Goofyernmost

I think it greatly depends on two things. The first being what entrance was used to enter Epcot. Main or the International Gateway! And if you are entering World Showcase from what was once Future World it depends on if you are on the Test Track side or the Imagination side. At least that is how it always worked for me.

Nottamus

We always go counter clockwise - just seems wrong to go the other way for us.

If we come in from main entrance, we head right to Canada.

If we stay at boardwalk, we come in to France …and turn right!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom