Just fix one thing, please!

If you could "fix" one thing at WDW, what would it be?

• Prices

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Quality

Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Stagnation

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • Food

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Cleanliness

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Service

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
I picked quality because I feel like it encompasses much of what is currently lacking. Maintenance, cleanliness, creativity, variety in food and beverage, lack of new rides, etc. all share a common thread in the last decade or so and that is commitment to quality. There have been some exceptions, but by and large things have deterriorated when corners are cut and quality is lessened. It used to be such a huge part of not only the output of the company but of its culture as well. Committment to quality really does have a trickledown effect to all areas of the resort. The upside is that these things could turn around and improve greatly if it was made a core value of the company once again.

jw24

I think the three biggest ones are stagnation, quality and price in that order though I think all three can be put together. Yes, the Magic Kingdom is still the number one visited theme park in the world but that other park that shall not be named is gaining ground with their expansion plans. I enjoyed the New Fantasyland but it's not everyone's cup of tea. I think Epcot is fine but with Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, I do want more. I think they need a new marquee attraction like Expedition Everest to drive in more visitors. But I think the most important thing Disney needs to do is to find that middle ground with whatever expansion plan they choose to pursue whether it'd be a Star Wars land, Avatar land, or even Cars land (Or even all three, if they were really bold.) What I mean is, not sacrifice the elements of what makes each park special, unique that defines Disney World but at the same time, also add new things to create new experiences to keep it fresh. In other words, don't re-theme Tomorrowland into Star Wars for heavens sake but scrap rides or attractions that aren't enticing enough to both the casual and die-hard visitor is what I say and go from there.

Violet

I don't think I can separate price and quality/stagnation. It's so interconnected. And it will probably change as my kids get older...right now they are at the prime Disney age, but I wonder as they get older if other places will become more appealing and better values for us.

Animaniac93-98

There are lots of things you can do to "fix" stagnation (like shows and seasonal overlays), but "quality" implies it would be done correctly and help to justify the price. IMO quality should be the clear winner, as that's what Disney is (or should be) about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom