Just came back from Disneyland

LinaBelle

Original Poster
I had such a wonderful time. I was able to do both park in a day. I don't know how, but it was done! It was a bonus that it was the 56th anniversary. :)

One question, though.
Is there only one monorail in the entire resort? The monorail would only show up once every 30 minutes, and when it would show up, only about 10 people would get on and leave! :mad: We ended up walking everywhere.

nemofinder22

Glad you had a wonderful time!

The DL Monorail functions more of an attraction than a mode of transportation as theres only 2 stops(Tomorrowland and DTD). Usually there are 2 Monorails on the beam(DL has 3 trains total), but sometimes only 1 will be in operation.

LinaBelle

Original Poster
Glad you had a wonderful time!

The DL Monorail functions more of an attraction than a mode of transportation as theres only 2 stops(Tomorrowland and DTD). Usually there are 2 Monorails on the beam(DL has 3 trains total), but sometimes only 1 will be in operation.

That makes sense because I kept seeing the same one all day. We had dinner reservations and though the monorail would take us to DTD so it would be faster, but it didn't work out so well.

Thank you for the response, though! :wave:

skimbob

It is a big help for those staying at Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel. My elderly parents don't have to walk all the way to the main gate. We take it and we are in the park then we catch the train to get us closer to other sections of the park. It is nothing like the transportation system at WDW.

Mukta

Tell us about your trip!

What did you think of Alice in Wonderland? Storybookland?

Did you like the Animation building at DCA? I think the lobby is amazing.

Where did you eat?

LinaBelle

Original Poster
Tell us about your trip!

What did you think of Alice in Wonderland? Storybookland?

Did you like the Animation building at DCA? I think the lobby is amazing.

Where did you eat?

Well, we were only there for 2 days but tried to do both parks in a day. A lot of things had to be taken out, but it was done. :)

On the first day, we went to Downtown Disney and spent the entire night there. We had gotten there around 4 p.m. We took our time and looked at many of the stores it has. Around 7, we had reservations at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. The food was really good for a buffet style restaurant. We got to take pictures with some characters and such. Before we left for the night, we watched the fireworks from outside the gates.

The next day, we went to Disneyland park first, and went straight to Stars Tours, which already had a 50 minute wait at 9:30 in the morning. Well worth it, though. After that, we went to DCA and ran straight to Soarin', which is a favorite in our household. The wait was 40 minutes, but only felt like 20. After the ride, we just started walking around the whole park. We rode The Little Mermaid, Goofy's Sky School, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Tower of Terror, and did some of the board games. We tried to go on California Screamin', but the ride was closed for half of the day. :shrug: We watched a parade the had the Incredibles and when that was done, we went to Disneyland Park.

We arrived around 3 and started at Adventureland. We started at the Jungle Cruise, but was a bit disappointed. I loved the ride, but our guide was a bit bland and was rather quick about the whole thing. Soon after, we went to New Orleans Square and went straight to Haunted Mansion. :D It only had a 20 minute wait and we just breezed through the line. One thing about this ride though was that the ride stopped about 7 times throughout the whole thing. :mad: Does that usually happen? Anyways, we walked past Critter Country and passed Splash Mountain only because the line was 2 hours long. My mother wanted to go straight to the Storybook land Canals, being her favorite ride in the whole park. I have to admit, the ride was adorable. I love Prince Eric's Caste. We got lucky because they closed the ride 5 minutes after we got in line to prepare for the parade. It's like we got our own personal tour. Around this time, it was 6:00 and we had reservations to eat dinner at 7, so we decided to try to take the Monorail to DTD. BIG MISTAKE. The monorail would only show up every 30 minutes and only 10 people would get on and it would leave! :fork: This was probably the only thing I didn't like about Disneyland. We had to run to The Grand Californian, but made it just in time. I surprised my parents by treating them to Napa Rose, which is now my absolute favorite restaurant I've ever been to. Excellent service, extremely nice server, and wonderful scenery. I DEFINITELY recommend this place. We finished around 8 and wanted to go back to the Disneyland park to get good spots to see Fantasmic! Having only been to Disneyland once before this trip, I had forgotten how quick the crowd grew for this show. We managed to get spots near the Pirates entrance. The show was BEAUTIFUL. Although shorter than the show in Florida, it had my mouth dropped the whole time. I was amazed. :sohappy: After the show, we wanted to try the Indiana Jones ride and the line was only 15 minutes! :D Awesome ride. Disney World should definitely get rid of the show and put the ride there, or something similiar at least. I wanted to try to see World of Color, but my parents were already tired from all the walking we had done, so we did some shopping in the Emporium in Main Street and headed back to our hotel.

Overall, I had an amazing time. Many, many pros with very little cons. The only complaint I really had was the Monorail system. No offense, but it kind of sucked.

That pretty much sums up the trip without too much detail. :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I quickly learned that the Monorail in Disneyland isn't really a reliable form of transportation too. It definitely falls into the "attraction" category as a result. We rode it mainly just so we could say we did...after waiting a good 20 minutes for it to show up. :lol:

I second your comments on Napa Rose. My sister and I ate there last summer and I would go back in a heartbeat. :slurp:

LinaBelle

Original Poster
I quickly learned that the Monorail in Disneyland isn't really a reliable form of transportation too. It definitely falls into the "attraction" category as a result. We rode it mainly just so we could say we did...after waiting a good 20 minutes for it to show up. :lol:

I second your comments on Napa Rose. My sister and I ate there last summer and I would go back in a heartbeat. :slurp:

It was better off just walking where you had to go. Only one monorail in use that day. I wanted to be able to ride it to have the experience, but it'll have to wait until next time. :shrug:

Yes. Napa Rose was a wonderful experience. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom