Just Booked Wilderness Lodge, Any tips?

Sparkle81

Getting so excited after reading all of this! I've never stayed there before, and I'm the one who chose WL for our trip this year for the family, so pressure on my shoulders to have got it right!

Roll on November :)

Kuzcotopia

Saw the summer deal for our 7 day trip in August. . . just upgraded from POR to WL.

My excitement to go back has grown. . . my DD and DW don't know I did it yet. I plan on surprising them both. It's their favorite place to be in WDW.

Matt and Kelly

Stayed there in 2011 and am coming back in September. Absolutely gorgeous property. Great detail throughout the resort and the lobby cannot be beat. Would love to stay there over the holidays some time just to see the lobby decorated.

The boat ride to MK was likely one of my favourite features, especially travelling with young kids and not having to fold up the stroller when getting on the boat. The surrounds are quite tranquil...almost makes me wish I were more of a camping/outdoorsy type person. Solid dining options and even though you really aren't too far from MK or some of the other resorts, you feel so much more secluded at WL than you would elsewhere.

Enjoy the experience!

ABQ

Does the boat ride go early enough for early breakfasts at the Castle or Crystal Palace?
Normally, it does. You may have to take the launch to the Contemporary and walk to the MK from there, but often the boat directly to the MK is running early enough to get you to any MK based breakfast. Now....a breakfast at say 1900 Park Fare or Kona may be tougher to get to, but those are the limitations of any resort breakfast reservation, as resort to resort transport can be tricky if required prior to park openings.

princessmommy

There is some flag family footage in our feb2014 video here:

We adored the wilderness lodge! And the ground floor room with easy access to toting forks , pool, and boat!

HMANSION LOVER

Just switched from POFQ to the Wilderness Lodge. It will be the first time we stayed there. Any tips or suggestions?

Make it a point to wander over to the Villas. As you enter there is a very large lobby area. Inside the lobby you can see the a couple of train cars that were in Walt Disneys' backyard. He had a large scale model train set in his backyard that people could actually ride in. I found it really cool that I could look at something that not only was touched by the man that created the magic but it was something that was truly dear to his heart. Thats why there are trains in the disney parks, Walt found trains really cool

harryk

I believe there is a segway tour that you can do there. Im not sure how much it costs. We have seen groups on them in the past.
This is a tour which begins at Fr. Wilderness Campground. They use off-road (Segway II) vehicles. Lasts about 4 hours. Well worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom