Just Booked Pop Century! / Awesome Delta rates!!

wannab@dis

I just got off the phone with CRO and booked Pop Century for Dec 7 - 12th! We received an email pin code for $49/night. I was planning on using reward points and airline miles to get two free tickets, but when I went to Delta's site to check available seats, I found round-trip tickets for $106!!! I've never seen tickets that cheap to MCO! The normal is usually around $250, so we booked that flight and will save the freebies for another trip.

Yippee!! We're going to Disney again for Christmas!

88 Days, 19 Hours, 39 Minutes

Gucci65

Wow that is cheap! I usually have to pay $200 for roundtrip from Atlanta to MCO and thought I'd won the lottery the other day when we locked in at $109 roundtrip.

Someone tied to burst my bubble yesterday and said the company would bankrupt before my trip :cry: Party-pooper! They're just jealous 'cause we are going to WDW!

See you at the meet in December! :wave:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Original Poster
Ok, that is really crazy! We're connecting THROUGH Atlanta and still got the tickets cheaper. Doesn't make sense how they price the seats!

Upvote 0
We did the same with Pop Century. Just booked 2 rooms for $59/night preferred. But we are driving instead of flying. We'll be there Dec 17-22. Can't wait to be there for Christmas. We were there for Christmas in 2000 and loved it.

Hey, here's something that is fun to do. When we are there for Halloween or Christmas, we love to decorate our windows at the resort for the season. We use lights, pictures, etc. It seems to grab alot of attention and is fun for the kids.

Upvote 0

ladydancer

The prices have gone crazy. I also booked Pop @ $49 in Oct. Received the email also. Then got an offer from Spirit Air. Couldn't refuse airfare @ $121.00 when usually it is $250. If I would have booked a week sooner I could have gotten it for $102. Oh well, still a heck of a deal!

Upvote 0

loading890

Do you have to be an AP holder to get these discounted room rates at Pop Century via email? Seems like alot of you guys have been getting these good discounts. Not me though :mad:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Original Poster
loading890 said:
Do you have to be an AP holder to get these discounted room rates at Pop Century via email? Seems like alot of you guys have been getting these good discounts. Not me though :mad:
Nobody really knows how the email & postcard discounts are sent out. This is the first one that we have received. It seems to help to be registered on Disney's site and also to request the vacation planning guide.

Be sure to watch www.MouseSavers.com for general public discounts!

Upvote 0

ladydancer

loading890 said:

I am not an AP holder. I don't know why I got an offer. I do know I am registered at disneyworld.com, had recently requested a planning video and haven't been to WDW since '99. Did any of these things factor into why I received a postcard followed by a email? I don't know.

Upvote 0
It is in their computer system that you recieved either an E-mail code or a code by snail mail. When I made my reservations, the reservationist said, "I see where you have recieved a code by mail." He checked that rate and also the AP rate and they were exactly the same price.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Original Poster
Buzz Lightyear said:
It is in their computer system that you recieved either an E-mail code or a code by snail mail. When I made my reservations, the reservationist said, "I see where you have recieved a code by mail." He checked that rate and also the AP rate and they were exactly the same price.
I called the phone number in the email and an automated system asked for the pin. I entered it and when the CM answered, she had all my information ready. So, they have these things tied down tightly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom