Just Booked For Christmas 2012!!!

mickeysshoes

Just got off the phone with a AWESOME CM at WDW who helped me with everything for our trip next year. We will staying at the Wilderness Lodge 12/20/2012 - 12/29/2012 :xmas: :xmas: :sohappy: I now have to wait for 412 long days. I am beyound excited and cant to start planning ADR's...6/23/2012 is the date and I might even be in the world when its time to make them. :D I cant stop smiling!!!

71dsp

We've been thinking about going during Christmas. The pictures I've seen look spectacular with all the decorations. I would love to book a trip, but not sure we can afford two trips in 2012. You really have me tempted, though!

How crowded are the parks around that time? All of our trips have been in January, so we would expect it to be more crowded.

mickeysshoes, I tried to reply to my thread about the pins to thank you, as I ordered a bunch of pins from the Disney Store; however my reply is being moderated. That has happened in a number of other threads, and it's quite frustrating because the replies never show up. From what I can tell, it has something to do with my post count, but I have no idea how many posts I need before it stops. It's strange. Not all replies become moderated, so perhaps it's a keyword match or something? Anyway, frustrating... However, thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

coltow

We've been thinking about going during Christmas. The pictures I've seen look spectacular with all the decorations. I would love to book a trip, but not sure we can afford two trips in 2012. You really have me tempted, though!

How crowded are the parks around that time? All of our trips have been in January, so we would expect it to be more crowded.

MORE CROWDED doesn't even explain it. It's downright insane. Plan on 60mn wait for EVERYTHING. Most fast passes are also gone by noon. I love the idea of being there at Christmas but I honestly would never go.

Upvote 0

R W B

Congrats on the trip. I wasn't going to post but then you said your 180 mark is 6/23 and thats my birthday so that's kinda cool lol. WL would be my first choice during the holidays if my wallet allowed it. Lol

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Awesome! WDW is a great place to be at Christmas time. I did it back in 2003! The decorations at the parks and resorts are incredible and the snow on main street is magical! It's an awesome feeling, as long as you can just stay relaxed amidst the massive crowds!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
If I were ever going to be there for Christmas, Wilderness Lodge is the only place I'd want ot stay

We have been before and its truely AWESOME at Chistma time. I have a new camera since our last vistit to the Lodge and I cant wait to get pictures of the tree in the Lobby...from every floor!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
If I were ever going to be there for Christmas, Wilderness Lodge is the only place I'd want ot stay

mickeysshoes, I tried to reply to my thread about the pins to thank you, as I ordered a bunch of pins from the Disney Store; however my reply is being moderated. That has happened in a number of other threads, and it's quite frustrating because the replies never show up. From what I can tell, it has something to do with my post count, but I have no idea how many posts I need before it stops. It's strange. Not all replies become moderated, so perhaps it's a keyword match or something? Anyway, frustrating... However, thanks again for your help!

Very glad I was able to help you with some savings!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
Awesome! WDW is a great place to be at Christmas time. I did it back in 2003! The decorations at the parks and resorts are incredible and the snow on main street is magical! It's an awesome feeling, as long as you can just stay relaxed amidst the massive crowds!

We were also in WDW for Christmas of 2003...at the WL to be exact!! The crowds when its not 100 with humidty are so much easier to deal with...at least for us. You go in knowing what your facing and it not bad at all. 2003 we spend Christmas morning in the MK and next year my plan is for Epcot!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
Congrats on the trip. I wasn't going to post but then you said your 180 mark is 6/23 and thats my birthday so that's kinda cool lol. WL would be my first choice during the holidays if my wallet allowed it. Lol

A very early HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. My DD will be working in the CP this summer and I am hoping to be in WDW for your birthday which means i will making all my ADR's while there!!! How cool will that be. :lookaroun I think its pretty cool!!! Being in the world making ADR's for 180 day from then. :lol:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Original Poster

MORE CROWDED doesn't even explain it. It's downright insane. Plan on 60mn wait for EVERYTHING. Most fast passes are also gone by noon. I love the idea of being there at Christmas but I honestly would never go.

Yes it is busy...but if you go into the trip with the right frame of mind knowing what your getting into...then its easy to mange. Have to get up and out early and take it easy for the afternoon and go back out later. Plus its cooler and that alone makes the crowds better. I would be there every year if the family would allow.....:lol:

Upvote 0

71dsp

Is there a "good" time to go when the Christmas decorations are up (and lit at night)? Or is it just very crowded all the time around that time of year? I've mentioned making a Christmas time trip for 2012, but my wife wants to know what the crowds are like.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
Is there a "good" time to go when the Christmas decorations are up (and lit at night)? Or is it just very crowded all the time around that time of year? I've mentioned making a Christmas time trip for 2012, but my wife wants to know what the crowds are like.

To enjoy the decorations and not hit the crowds you would be ok going any time after Thanksgiving up until right before Christmas. A good way to tell when the CHristmas crowds really hit is by looking at the last Very Merry Christmas Party Date. That is one thing you miss going for Christman itself. The party ends a few days before Christmas. Good luck in talking her into to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom