Just booked a second trip to WDW!!!

I find planning our WDW vacations just as much fun as actually going. Is there something wrong with me???? Well, I finally have our summer vacation planned for July/August. We will be staying at the Beach Club for a few days and then we'll be heading over to the Contemporary. We'll be staying at the world for a total of 20 days. We're celebrating my 40th birthday and are planning some special/new experiences. I'm SOOOO excited!!!
On Friday, I received a email from Disney with a special pin code good thru Dec 16th! So, last night I booked another trip for 8 days over Thanksgiving!!!!!! Now I get to plan all over again:sohappy:
My family and friends think I'm nuts (except for my husband). I'm looking for support with my obsession (I can't be the only one like this). I would love to hear other planning obsessions from members here!

Ghall

I find planning our WDW vacations just as much fun as actually going. Is there something wrong with me???? Well, I finally have our summer vacation planned for July/August. We will be staying at the Beach Club for a few days and then we'll be heading over to the Contemporary. We'll be staying at the world for a total of 20 days. We're celebrating my 40th birthday and are planning some special/new experiences. I'm SOOOO excited!!!
On Friday, I received a email from Disney with a special pin code good thru Dec 16th! So, last night I booked another trip for 8 days over Thanksgiving!!!!!! Now I get to plan all over again:sohappy:
My family and friends think I'm nuts (except for my husband). I'm looking for support with my obsession (I can't be the only one like this). I would love to hear other planning obsessions from members here!

You sound just like me! I am glad to see there is someone just as mad as me! I am a Disney nut too. We love the Beach Club and we always stay there now. We always stay in Disneyworld for 3 weeks as it is such a long journey for us to get there. With 3 weeks there you can just relax and enjoy everything and it is even better with all the ADR's you can make. We have great fun planning restaurants for 3 weeks. Have a great 40th Birthday. Last summer my son and I celebrated our birthday on the same day (he was born on my 40th birthday, best present I got!)in the California Grill, it was really great, we got a birthday cake each. Have a great time.

Upvote 0

TxNewsies

That is awesome! We stayed at Contemporary Resort last Aug during the week oh my husbands 40th birthday! I made a surprise dinner adr for California Grill during fireworks for his birthday. You are going to have so much fun!!

We are going this Aug and are debating on booking a trip for this December also.

Upvote 0

g maw

Hi neighbor. From Northampton. Just booked a December trip last week. Unfortunately I didn't have a pin #. Going from December 1 - December 7.

Enjoy both of your trips and have a very happy birthday.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
You sound just like me! I am glad to see there is someone just as mad as me! I am a Disney nut too. We love the Beach Club and we always stay there now. We always stay in Disneyworld for 3 weeks as it is such a long journey for us to get there. With 3 weeks there you can just relax and enjoy everything and it is even better with all the ADR's you can make. We have great fun planning restaurants for 3 weeks. Have a great 40th Birthday. Last summer my son and I celebrated our birthday on the same day (he was born on my 40th birthday, best present I got!)in the California Grill, it was really great, we got a birthday cake each. Have a great time.

Wow, what an awesome birthday present! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to here you love the Beach Club. Did you ever stay Club Level? We're giving it a try this time.

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
That is awesome! We stayed at Contemporary Resort last Aug during the week oh my husbands 40th birthday! I made a surprise dinner adr for California Grill during fireworks for his birthday. You are going to have so much fun!!

We are going this Aug and are debating on booking a trip for this December also.

Awesome! We're actually doing the California Gill also. We're making it a date night... the kids are going to the Neverland Club.

Hi neighbor. From Northampton. Just booked a December trip last week. Unfortunately I didn't have a pin #. Going from December 1 - December 7.

Enjoy both of your trips and have a very happy birthday.:sohappy:

Thank you neighbor! We're going from Nov 24th to Dec 2nd!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Just out of curiousity what was your pin code offer for? I'm going 11/20 to 11/27 and keep hoping for an infamous pin code to secure my going.

Have a blast!

Upvote 0

Ghall

Wow, what an awesome birthday present! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to here you love the Beach Club. Did you ever stay Club Level? We're giving it a try this time.

The Beach Club resort is our favourite but I would love to try the Bay Lake Towers on our next visit and then head over to the Beach Club. We have never stayed on the Club Level. We have stayed in a one bed villa in the Beach Club Villas and a water view room in the Beach Club. I am sure you will love the club level.

We had a great time in the California Grill celebrating our double birthdays. It was great to watch the fireworks after our meal and we both loved getting a birthday cake. I had a very memorabile 40th Birthday with the birth of my son and I am sure you will have great memories of your 40th in Disneyworld.

picture.php

Upvote 0

MsMouse726

It's good to know I am not the only person who finds immense joy in planning Disney vacations! I love the planning just as much as the actual vacation because it adds to the anticipation of what is to come. We just booked our airfare for our October trip and became really excited. Each new step means we are that much closer to our trip date, and it also makes things more "real". My biggest obsessive knack is that I tend to pack a little early. I told my husband I was going to start packing for our Oct trip today, and he just gave me this funny look:veryconfu. What's wrong with being a little overly anxious?! Anyway, rest assure you are not the only one who is Disney-crazy:ROFLOL:. Have fun on your trips!

Upvote 0

Rook26

Me too...

I love the planning too, Excel spread sheets, Disney Dining PDFs... etc. My DW says she loves it when I plan or Disney vacation because it takes out what little stress there is. Little does she know I love planning, making ADRs, researching the boards... LOL (SEPTEMBER 9TH - 132 DAYS!)

P.S. I'm a neighbor too, Lehighton.

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
Just out of curiousity what was your pin code offer for? I'm going 11/20 to 11/27 and keep hoping for an infamous pin code to secure my going.

Have a blast!
Thank you!
The pin was 20% value, 30% moderate, and 40% deluxe but Nov 24th - 27th were blacked out. Our vacation starts on the 24th, so I did two reservations... the first half of our vacation at the reg price and the second half with the discount.

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
I love the planning too, Excel spread sheets, Disney Dining PDFs... etc. My DW says she loves it when I plan or Disney vacation because it takes out what little stress there is. Little does she know I love planning, making ADRs, researching the boards... LOL (SEPTEMBER 9TH - 132 DAYS!)

P.S. I'm a neighbor too, Lehighton.

Awesome neighbor!!! I'm not far from you too!

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
The Beach Club resort is our favourite but I would love to try the Bay Lake Towers on our next visit and then head over to the Beach Club. We have never stayed on the Club Level. We have stayed in a one bed villa in the Beach Club Villas and a water view room in the Beach Club. I am sure you will love the club level.

We had a great time in the California Grill celebrating our double birthdays. It was great to watch the fireworks after our meal and we both loved getting a birthday cake. I had a very memorabile 40th Birthday with the birth of my son and I am sure you will have great memories of your 40th in Disneyworld.

picture.php

Great picture! Unfortunately, I won't be eating that cake. I have Celiac Sprue and have to eat gluten free. I think that is why I am so obsessed with Disney... they really cater to people like me :sohappy:
My actual birthday is in June. My husband and I are both teachers... so there is no chance of me being there on the actual day... we'll be celebrating a little late but it will still be so much fun!

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
It's good to know I am not the only person who finds immense joy in planning Disney vacations! I love the planning just as much as the actual vacation because it adds to the anticipation of what is to come. We just booked our airfare for our October trip and became really excited. Each new step means we are that much closer to our trip date, and it also makes things more "real". SO TRUE My biggest obsessive knack is that I tend to pack a little early. I told my husband I was going to start packing for our Oct trip today, and he just gave me this funny look:veryconfu. What's wrong with being a little overly anxious?! Anyway, rest assure you are not the only one who is Disney-crazy:ROFLOL:. Have fun on your trips!

I could do a better job with packing... that's one thing I usually leave to the last minute .

Upvote 0

jmcdougall

20 days???? hope you post a trip report. that would be awesome for everyone! janine

Upvote 0

Raven66

I hope you have a wonderful 40th b-day!! 20 days? I have to say I'm so jealous.:) And you are not alone in your planning obsession. I love to do the planning. I know I drive my family crazy with all my planning and print outs. Have fun!!

Rook26-My daughter was born in Lehighton. We lived in Albrightsville at the time.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Thank you!
The pin was 20% value, 30% moderate, and 40% deluxe but Nov 24th - 27th were blacked out. Our vacation starts on the 24th, so I did two reservations... the first half of our vacation at the reg price and the second half with the discount.

Ah ok thanks! Just keep on hoping I get something but I guess time will tell - see you there LOL (right...you, me and 50,000 others per day lol):ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Ghall

Great picture! Unfortunately, I won't be eating that cake. I have Celiac Sprue and have to eat gluten free. I think that is why I am so obsessed with Disney... they really cater to people like me :sohappy:
My actual birthday is in June. My husband and I are both teachers... so there is no chance of me being there on the actual day... we'll be celebrating a little late but it will still be so much fun!

Snap, our birthdays are in June too but at the end of June so we were able to make it there for our birthdays last year. My two older children are in Secondary school and finish at the end of May and my birthday boy only started school last September. You can celebrate twice, in June and at Disneyworld, after all it is your 40th.

It's a pity you can't eat the cake but you will find great options at Disney that are gluten free. I myself have IBD (ulcerative colitis) so I know what it is like to be watching what you are eating but Disney really cater for everyone.

Upvote 0

fabulousdisney

Original Poster
Snap, our birthdays are in June too but at the end of June so we were able to make it there for our birthdays last year. My two older children are in Secondary school and finish at the end of May and my birthday boy only started school last September. You can celebrate twice, in June and at Disneyworld, after all it is your 40th.

It's a pity you can't eat the cake but you will find great options at Disney that are gluten free. I myself have IBD (ulcerative colitis) so I know what it is like to be watching what you are eating but Disney really cater for everyone.

Seems we have a lot in common :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom