Just Back and a few complaints

21stamps

Let me know when I get a mention!
Ha ha! I only read the specific link. Oddly enough, gossiping about people whom I’ve never met, or reading others gossiping about people whom I’ve never met.. just doesn’t sound that entertaining to me...About as entertaining as allowing myself to get upset by Kids who blow bubbles outdoors. But hey.. different strokes and all. ;)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Disney needs to bite the bullet and do what Universal has and get a ton of bag screening machines along with metal detectors. I find it kind of shocking that they don't send everyone through detectors.

You're absolutely right.

I've found that the best trick for avoiding Disney's metal detectors is avoiding eye contact, and simply ignoring that they even exist. If you're not carrying a bag, you can bring whatever you want into the park 99% of the time.

21stamps

These are from this morning.. Don’t worry, everyone survived the bubbles. :)
C5CA7367-006A-46F6-A370-85871574A920.jpeg
960DC936-6B58-43AF-BE75-7301D9A00D0E.jpeg
544F669C-5C43-43A2-9501-F5681B876F44.jpeg

Willmark

Why would anybody take or keep a screaming kid in a restaurant? I'd be embarrassed beyond belief.
Because people are self entitled jerks whose world revolves around their kids? And are shocked when people don’t think the same of their special snowflakes? I was under no such delusions when mine were young.

Or “do you know how much I paid for this vacation!!!! If my kid is bothering you? That’s your fault!”

Yes I do know how much you paid, within the same Ball park of what I paid. Doesn’t excuse bad behavior IMO.

lawdogNOLA

Bubbles are just fun. That's all.

This, totally. Yeah, they were all over the place, and, of course, my wife loved them! Never met a bubble she wouldn't chase. So many varieties: Mickey, Little Mermaid, Darth Vader's TIE fighter (which I only saw for sale, and never in use). These battery powered bubble makers were easily one of the most popular souvenirs for the kiddies.

As for the bag checks, they were fairly bearable, and better than the last time we came. The bad news for me is that security LOVED my cargo shorts; every time I wore them, I received an automatic invitation to the metal detector. The monorail resorts, however, put everyone through both bag check and metal detectors.

OH NO BUBBLES my only weakness ahhhhhhh lol
it keeps the kiddos happy, Disney cant control where parents are allowing kids to use them...

we cant moan at security lol they are there to keep us safe... they can check every pocket in every bag and check for secret linings in bags because that's what they are being paid to do! in this day and age the more security the better!

in my experiences in the parks the bag checkers/security have always used rubber disposable gloves when checking bags, not all of them but most of them!

bebert

As much as I am not a fan of more security for safety sake ( I think it is all just a dog and pony show), I deal with the bag checks. I also came to WDW voluntarily with a stroller and at least one bag to carry essentials needed for myself and my 4 kids for the day. I am not going to blame WDW for my wait in line because I have to pack up half a Target store just to make it through the day with my family. Also, like many have said the entire family doesn't need to be in the bag line but, unfortunately no one follows directions any more. This is a first world problem, if the most uncomfortable part of your life is waiting in a line at WDW and dealing with some soap bubbles, I think we have it pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom