Just Back and a few complaints

mike45248

Original Poster
Just got back from 1 days in Disney World and have a few complaints.
1. All those annoying bubble wands kids are walking around with that Disney is making $25 on is a pain. Trying to eat and bubbles are landing in food/drinks. Walking and bubbles are everywhere. But as long as Disney is making $$.
2. Bag check is getting bad. Went to MK and thru bag check at T&T and took monorail over to Epcot (Still in secured area) and had to go thru bag check again. Not a very efficient procedure. Some bag checkers were fast and some checked everything. Opening up every item (small eyeglass case) opening up see thru baggies of RX. Looking for small compartments/zippers in a small drawstring bag. A few times my family of 6 could go thru another checker with their bags and be standing there waiting for me to get finished. one bag should not take that long.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
#2 You are wrong. When you leave the Monorail station at Epcot you are outside the gates, a non-secure area where everyone has not been screened. Folks from the busses as well as the parking lots that have not been screened are in the same space as you. The screeners are instructed to check everything so there is not a set amount of time that a screener is limited to for each guest. Sometimes we all get behind other guests who are carrying half of their worldly possessions in multiple bags, its just going to happen.

Amos1784

1. All those annoying bubble wands kids are walking around with that Disney is making $25 on is a pain. Trying to eat and bubbles are landing in food/drinks. Walking and bubbles are everywhere. But as long as Disney is making $$.
2. Bag check is getting bad. Went to MK and thru bag check at T&T and took monorail over to Epcot (Still in secured area) and had to go thru bag check again. Not a very efficient procedure. Some bag checkers were fast and some checked everything. Opening up every item (small eyeglass case) opening up see thru baggies of RX. Looking for small compartments/zippers in a small drawstring bag. A few times my family of 6 could go thru another checker with their bags and be standing there waiting for me to get finished. one bag should not take that long.

Bubble wands....:rolleyes:. We sat behind a family of 6 (2 rows full) 2 adults 4 children on Grand Fiesta Tour. All 4 kids had their own bubble wand...needless to say we sat in a sea of bubbles for the entire ride lol.

mike45248

Original Poster
#2 You are wrong. When you leave the Monorail station at Epcot you are outside the gates, a non-secure area where everyone has not been screened. Folks from the busses as well as the parking lots that have not been screened are in the same space as you. The screeners are instructed to check everything so there is not a set amount of time that a screener is limited to for each guest. Sometimes we all get behind other guests who are carrying half of their worldly possessions in multiple bags, its just going to happen.
I know they should set up a barrier to make it so you just enter into the secured area in Epcot and not empty you out into the outside again. It would speed up the bag check area for everyone else. I know there is no time limit on the bag searches, but one small draw string bag should not take as long as 6 other draw string bags the same size.

ppete1975

Is it the hotels on the loop that prevents them from keeping the monorails inside a "safe zone", would be nice if they could make it that once you were on the monorail that it puts you behind the security wall.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Is it the hotels on the loop that prevents them from keeping the monorails inside a "safe zone", would be nice if they could make it that once you were on the monorail that it puts you behind the security wall.

Nope, all the Monorail loop hotels have screening prior to you boarding. It's the exit ramp from the monorail that lets out in the same area as the bus path.

ppete1975

Nope, all the Monorail loop hotels have screening prior to you boarding. It's the exit ramp from the monorail that lets out in the same area as the bus path.
Sorry its been awhile, so that's new. So that sounds like something they should/could fix .. eventually. It certainly is a bottleneck. Then again security (I know debatable on how secure these are) and safety should always trump everything else.

draybook

I agree wholeheartedly about bag check. My main complaint is them using their grubby hands to check. Why on God's green Earth are they not using gloves? Many of us carry baby bottles and other items that shouldn't be handled by strange hands. Not to mention, if I were a security guard, I'd want to protect myself against God knows what's inside some bags. Also, it'd be nice if people figured out that whole "guests without bags line" concept. That'd make it much easier.

jloucks

I agree wholeheartedly about bag check. My main complaint is them using their grubby hands to check. Why on God's green Earth are they not using gloves? Many of us carry baby bottles and other items that shouldn't be handled by strange hands. Not to mention, if I were a security guard, I'd want to protect myself against God knows what's inside some bags. Also, it'd be nice if people figured out that whole "guests without bags line" concept. That'd make it much easier.

They would have to change the gloves every time. At least, if the intent is keeping germs from spreading bag to bag.

I had really not thought of that before, but you have a point. That is a germ spreading issue. Ah well. Not sure what other options there are.

Actually, I do. There needs to be a way a citizen can apply for a base level security clearance that lets them skip all the stupid bag checks everywhere.

jloucks

I don't really mind the bubbles in my food. I have learned to keep them out of my eyes. The kids have more fun than I have irritation, so I roll with it.

eliza61nyc

lol,
Disney can't control stupid.

eliza61nyc

Oh yeah, parents are buying them so disney can make money. :rolleyes: How about parents are buying them to keep the kiddies occupied.
I'm sure you'd think eating while listening to a screaming kid would also be a pain.

DisneyJoe

On my trip in May, most were wearing gloves, not all, but most.

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry its been awhile, so that's new. So that sounds like something they should/could fix .. eventually. It certainly is a bottleneck. Then again security (I know debatable on how secure these are) and safety should always trump everything else.

There is a plan to redo the security at Epcot which would solve the problem.

Quite where in the list of various projects for Epcot that particular plan now sits, I'm not sure.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
1. Let the kids have fun. It's not everyday they get to go to Disney, and Disney was built around family. Unless they're aiming the bubble gun at you and running in front of you and tripping you up (which I've never experienced), let them be and enjoy the scenery.
2. You should be glad the bag check process is like that. I'm a firm believer in "too much security means loss of liberty" but you should have extreme peace of mind knowing everyone had to be checked out and scanned first.

Don't be such a buzzkill and just enjoy yourself. I'd give anything to have the worst day at Disney over the best day at work.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
On my trip in May, most were wearing gloves, not all, but most.
71kc5+9K7YL._SX679_.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom