Just A Little Discouraged

Arecheri

Hi Everyone,

I think I just need a place to vent for a moment. I am a CM (I shall leave my area of business a mystery) and am becoming increasingly worried about the level of courtesy and caring of the average park guest.

I don't want to sound like i'm complaining about working at the most magical place on earth because that is where my heart lives and nothing in this world makes me happier than to be a part of making dreams come true for our guests every day. It's just that the guests don't seem to get it anymore.

My fellow cast members may agree (or disagree) which is fine, and I may just have turned stupid, it's just, what happened to the understanding that my actions may adversely affect a lot of people. Maybe i'll just make a list of a few things that have been bothering me for a while and you guys can tell me I'm just being ridiculous and need to get over it

1. Why is it ok for 4 members of your group to duck under the railing of the attraction at the very last minute of the 45 minute wait, and when I question what you are doing your response is "But they're with us they just came from the bathroom" If you can't wait 45 minutes without using the restroom, we have fastpass available and if that doesn't suit your needs, a Guest Relations cast member may be better able to address your needs.

2. Why do you enter a queue line when your (husband, wife, son, daughter) is still in the bathroom, or getting something to eat/drink? Do you really think it's ok for the rest of your party to go around all the people that got into that line after you based on the amount of people they saw waiting when they entered. Shouldn't there really be NO LINE CUTTING. Isn't that what you'd want me to enforce if someone steps in front of YOU in line?

3. Why do you get angry with me when I politely ask you to step to the side and finish your food and drink before going into the attraction and your response is always "I just bought this and I'M NOT throwing it away" Who said you had to experience the attraction RIGHT NOW. You're on vacation remember? Go sit down and relax for just a minute.

4. When you chain your stroller to a hand rail, and I call security to cut the chain, How am I an A**Hole?

5. Why can't you understand that Disney attractions don't "Break Down." 99% of the time it's because you took a few seconds too long to get in or out. If you can't attentively follow the process, Disney parks may not be the best place for you. Pay attention and move quickly please! (By no means would I ever direct this to a guest with a disablility. We are priveliged to accomodate your needs and are happy to do so)

6. How could you possibly throw a peice of trash on the ground? This might be a product of my parents actually raising me when I was young, but I mentally can NOT drop trash anywhere but a trash can.

I think all that I'm really trying to say is take time to relax and enjoy your vacation, but when I give you instructions, please follow them. I really do WANT the best for you and your family. If you are not ok with following my simple instructions, Walt Disney World may not be the right place for you to visit. Don't get me wrong, these are petty things, but really do add up after a long day. Having said ALL that. I should mention one more time that I'm proud to have the greatest job in the world. And to all the great appreciative guests who get teary eyed and genuinely happy when you walk through the gates and into our world of fantasy, I'm here for YOU. The really sad part is.....these days, you're a minority:cry:
You forgot to add,
1. Will you please get down or do not hang on the que line. You may fall and hurt yourself.
2. Please do not stick your head in the DQ, Mighty Ducks Pinball area. Someone may kick you in the face.
(After you say either one of those statements for the safety of the safety of the guest, you are told you are on a power trip because you work for Disney)

daringstoic

I don't get the significance of #8. :confused:

I've seen some pretty nasty sunburns in my time working there. It's neither pleasant for the guest who is burnt, thus making them even crankier, nor those who have to see it and cringe as they walk by. Also, like someone already said above, it's rather sad to see a little kid with blisters all over his face with half his skin peeling off because Mom and Dad didn't bother to put on some sunscreen.

tigfan

ever see a kid with intense sun burn because mom &/or dad weren't diligent applying sunscreen or covering skin with clothes? Their kids are now drenched in soothing lotion so they look like they were dipped in sour cream, crying in pain and possibly feverish, but when you point out to the parents that their kid probably needs a doctor, they snap that they're only in WDW for 4 more days and they'll see a doctor when they get home? fun fun fun!

That's horrible. Some people just shouldn't be parents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom