just a little complaint about yesterday

luv

I had a cm say something very rude about a wheelchair once. I wasn't hurt; I was ED.

I let it go eventually, but never really got over it...obviously, still talking about it.

I do not know what it is inside someone, exactly, that makes them pick on the most defenseless people...but they are jerks.

sgtmgd

You should have reported that CM to guest relations. It might have helped to vent your frustration to someone that is paid to listen...plus they might have done a little special magic for you that possibly could have salvaged your day. :shrug:

This stuff really annoys the heck out of me....

I would call guest relations and explain what happened...the CM was out of line....no excuse in th eMK of all places to treat someone like that ...much less someone with a child in a WC.

CM's by and large do a fantastic job..a good portion are college kids interning over the summer so you will get some that slip the through the cracks.

I hope the rest of your stay is a pleasent one.

Stellajack

I, too, was reading all along and did not notice the age of this thread until Dave&Di reported the "thread bump!" I have seen the Indy Jones show umpteen times and still forget about the planted "volunteer" from the audience.:confused:

At any rate, I am puzzled a little about this incident because the sidewalks are roped off for both the afternoon and evening parades, making it difficult if not impossible to "enter Main Street" as the parade approaches. It appears to me that at these parade/show times ALL CM's seem to go into "protect everyone mode". I have also been in Magic Kingdom many times in the mornings as the MK singers and dancers do their thing in the street following the park opening, but the crowds are generally moving during these shows and the sidewalks are not totally blocked (even when crowds are heavy).

I certainly hope the only reason for the CM's reaction was a moment of panic for these guests, but not sure I would recommend that anyone file a complaint in this situation.

mickey2008.1

For the most part CMs are quite polite, but last year my wife got ran over by a non English speaking person who laughed with his family. We asked a CM for help because she was cut pretty good, and the CMs answer was, oh well, watch where you are going. Really! The person was behind us you ____--! And to make it even worse, the guy in the scooter got up, picked up his scooter to put in place, got in FP line, and all without any indication of a problem. If your out there and reading this, up yours!

joanna71985

This stuff really annoys the heck out of me....

I would call guest relations and explain what happened...the CM was out of line....no excuse in th eMK of all places to treat someone like that ...much less someone with a child in a WC.

CM's by and large do a fantastic job..a good portion are college kids interning over the summer so you will get some that slip the through the cracks.

I hope the rest of your stay is a pleasent one.

Their trip was almost 2 years ago

ann0d

Disney or not - you should not have been treated like that anywhere by anyone. That was just awful, and I hope the rest of the day went better.

Laura

Premium Member
nobody would let us up and the trash can was right behind me.

This is why Disneyland is better than Disney World. Not because of the quality of the attractions, but because of the quality of the guests. The Florida guests are rude, selfish, pushy, and downright horrid. I cannot stand being in the Florida parks anytime there is a parade going on because that's when their rudeness and selfishness are at a peak. No common sense, no courtesy. It makes me sick.

At Disneyland people are always happy to move over, make room, and make sure everyone around them is having a good time too. There is none of the ridiculous, "I OWN THIS 5 FOOT BLOCK OF CONCRETE AND NO ONE CAN MAKE ME MOVE AN INCH UNTIL THE PARADE IS OVER" garbage at Disneyland. Even on the hottest and most crowded days, everyone is getting along and being civilized and courteous. Florida crowds = classless.

OP - completely ridiculous story. Sounds like you found yourself surrounded by moron guests and moron cast members. The most uncivilized people in America flock to Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom anytime there is a parade. :rolleyes:

Californian Elitist

This is why Disneyland is better than Disney World. Not because of the quality of the attractions, but because of the quality of the guests. The Florida guests are rude, selfish, pushy, and downright horrid. I cannot stand being in the Florida parks anytime there is a parade going on because that's when their rudeness and selfishness are at a peak. No common sense, no courtesy. It makes me sick.

At Disneyland people are always happy to move over, make room, and make sure everyone around them is having a good time too. There is none of the ridiculous, "I OWN THIS 5 FOOT BLOCK OF CONCRETE AND NO ONE CAN MAKE ME MOVE AN INCH UNTIL THE PARADE IS OVER" garbage at Disneyland. Even on the hottest and most crowded days, everyone is getting along and being civilized and courteous. Florida crowds = classless.

OP - completely ridiculous story. Sounds like you found yourself surrounded by moron guests and moron cast members. The most uncivilized people in America flock to Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom anytime there is a parade. :rolleyes:

That's because here in Disneyland, we're one big family.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom