Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

tcool123

That's art paint.

If you look at the five monkeys on the boat, they're 'replacing' the five skippers up the pole: artist, butterfly hunter, bird watcher, cartographer, captain.

View attachment 552061
Either way she's an excellent painter to make it look like lipstick and possibly purple eyeshadow?

1619458957919.png

Better than my skills :hilarious:

Bocabear

You could put him in the tunnel, at least the species would fit that part
With the IP Mandate....An animatronic King Louie singing "I wanna Be Like You" with a cadre of moneys and jungle birds a la tiki room....That would be more fun than the current snakes and treasure scene...
But I kinda worry that this is going to become the Monkey cruise with a few other animals... they already have the Monkey wrecking base camp... so then Monkeys wreck a boat and Monkeys steal butterflies...Monkeys mess up the gift shop....

SpectroMagician

"reflect and value the diversity of the world around us"... shouldn't it reflect the historical time and circumstances in which the ride is supposed to be based?

The ride based on exploring South America/ Africa in the 1930s right? Not based on the world today.

fngoofy

"reflect and value the diversity of the world around us"... shouldn't it reflect the historical time and circumstances in which the ride is supposed to be based?

The ride based on exploring South America/ Africa in the 1930s right? Not based on the world today.
So you want the Dole fruit company to stage a coup halfway through the ride and setup a banana republic? Should the killings be shown or alluded to?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which meant it included the racism and stereotypes of colonialists who were exploring* those regions.

*That is, subjugating as imperial conquests, sending back reports focused on fantastical elements and their battle with indigenous armies who were trying to fight off their imperial owners; and not the normal day-to-day activities of most indigenous people, which would be hunting, farming, and crafting. Imagine if in Living With The Land you saw -- instead of a farm -- a survivalist family's fallout shelter.

Phil12

Which meant it included the racism and stereotypes of colonialists who were exploring* those regions.

*That is, subjugating as imperial conquests, sending back reports focused on fantastical elements and their battle with indigenous armies who were trying to fight off their imperial owners; and not the normal day-to-day activities of most indigenous people, which would be hunting, farming, and crafting. Imagine if in Living With The Land you saw -- instead of a farm -- a survivalist family's fallout shelter.
However, the problem is that the racism and stereotypes were wrong back in the 1930's and they're wrong now as well.

Speedy71

"Guests visiting Magic Kingdom Park may soon notice the latest updates coming to the Jungle Cruise as they come around that final bend. Trader Sam is charting a new adventure along the river at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Parks. Ever wonder what happened to that gramophone you accidentally left behind on the boat during your last adventure? How about that beloved pith helmet that went missing?

Word on the stream is that Alberta Falls, proprietor of the Jungle Navigation Company Ltd., has entrusted her longtime friend, Trader Sam, to manage the new Lost & Found location. But, with Trader Sam being Trader Sam, there’s always an opportunity to make some extra money. After all, all the best rides end with a gift shop, right?

Take a look at this rendering of their newest venture together. Clearly, Sam is betting on an established reputation as the best merchant in the jungle! But, while he’s out lost and finding some new inventory, it’s the animals that get the last laugh!

jcts203948203498230492834234.jpg

The new scene is one of several that are interconnected and build on the original story and humor of the Jungle Cruise. As previously shared, our world-famous skippers will continue to present the unique adventure and interactions guests expect.
Once complete, guests will learn more about the events that led up to this final scene. Stay tuned, as enhancements debut later this year!"

Cool, can we FINALLY get the BTM ending scene now Disney?

Rich Brownn

They used to talk inside the temple and it was fine volume wise. The jokes were -
“Tiger woods”
“Root canal”
“Snake and buddah” (Shake your booty)
“Original barrel of monkeys”
“Original Golden girls”
Maybe the changed something since I worked there in 76-77. It for sure was loud and echoed when we tried.

The Empress Lilly

I, for one, am not enamoured by the Jungle Cruise - Under New Management. The ride becomes too self-referential. Replete with endless insider references. Less about taking a jungle cruise, more about riding the Jungle Cruise. (Perhaps less UNM, and more 'Journey into Your Jungle Cruise')

You never leave the MK, the ride is about taking a ride. Where's the escapism, the exoticism?

owlsandcoffee

I, for one, am not enamoured by the Jungle Cruise - Under New Management. The ride becomes too self-referential. Replete with endless insider references. Less about taking a jungle cruise, more about riding the Jungle Cruise. (Perhaps less UNM, and more 'Journey into Your Jungle Cruise')

You never leave the MK, the ride is about taking a ride. Where's the escapism, the exoticism?

The ride has been self-referential for a long time, that's kinda the whole shtick. I agree there is a need for restraint (do we need lore for the Trapped Safari?), but it's not like this is a big tonal shift.

UNCgolf

That already describes the current Jungle Cruise, at least in my opinion. It's one of the reasons it doesn't work as an attraction for me.

At least the new scenes will be, well, new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom