Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

RSoxNo1

Can someone please do a mock up of the Cosmic Rewind building as a weathered wooden crate?
That's just great - the guy who brought us Dinorama is being witty - tell me again about the "authentic" cracked asphalt Joe...
You really think that Dinorama was something that Joe voted to do? Wasn't he quoted as saying it was designed in a way it can be removed in two weeks?

cookiee_munster

Can someone please do a mock up of the Cosmic Rewind building as a weathered wooden crate?

You really think that Dinorama was something that Joe voted to do? Wasn't he quoted as saying it was designed in a way it can be removed in two weeks?
guardians building.jpg

tirian

I understand your sentiment, but I also recognize that Disney is making these changes to avoid negative press in an ever evolving society. You mentioned DAK and I'm sure on the heals of Blackfish they were fearful of the next documentary criticizing them for housing elephants.

This is a company that has become exceptionally risk averse, often to the detriment or even destruction of things that were previously beloved. It's an impossible balance, but for me I'm far more comfortable with changes like this than otherwise poor decisions like unnecessary character integration or breaks to thematic integrity.
Such as Epcot 3.0: the Wonderful World of Preschool.

In the Parks
Yes
I doubt that they'd leave these scenes empty for too long. Especially since the pole scene is one of the first show scenes of the ride. I'm sure the replacement will be installed quickly.
Of course, keeping the attraction open while they make the changes would be the perfect time for them to re-write the spiel to include the new empty areas - or to even place temporary things (just for laughs) in those empty spots, until the new figures could be installed.
I've always felt that good story telling (Disney's forte) 'could' certainly include reworkings, where safe to do so. Just my opinion.

GimpYancIent

From the site that must not be named:
View attachment 549019
Just got home from WDW and it is true Trader Sam and the Treed Safari are both removed. On the humorous side (not for the poor cast member) a wheel chair bound older lady giving the cast member on the dock an ear full for going PC on the change to the ride. I and my family still enjoyed the ride, hell change is inevitable I am curious now to see how the new additions will look.

owlsandcoffee

Just got home from WDW and it is true Trader Sam and the Treed Safari are both removed. On the humorous side (not for the poor cast member) a wheel chair bound older lady giving the cast member on the dock an ear full for going PC on the change to the ride. I and my family still enjoyed the ride, hell change is inevitable I am curious now to see how the new additions will look.
Imagine blaming CMs for changes. Incredible.

seanjclarke

I'm interested to know if/how much this intertwines with the upcoming movie. Does the movie have a scene with chimps and a boat that matches the concept art? Is Trader Sam in the movie and what's his role in that? I guess only time will tell but the trailers don't show any chimps, but it does show "natives" (implies they're paid actors to make the cruise more authentic)

owlsandcoffee

I'm interested to know if/how much this intertwines with the upcoming movie. Does the movie have a scene with chimps and a boat that matches the concept art? Is Trader Sam in the movie and what's his role in that? I guess only time will tell but the trailers don't show any chimps, but it does show "natives" (implies they're paid actors to make the cruise more authentic)

As far as anybody knows this is unrelated to the movie. If the movie is a huge hit you might end up with some references in the ride.

AdventureHasAName

It's because Disney is so "PC" that they make accommodations for those in wheelchairs to have access to a significant portion of their attractions, many of which they don't have to.

But irony or privilege is lost on some.
Is this the old "You can't support (or consider reasonable) any special accommodation made for any group unless you support (or consider reasonable) every nonsense demand for special accommodation or changes made by anyone at any time" argument?

Supreme Leader

Trader Sam is in the movie and she does play a small role in the story. But as far as i can tell these changes don't reflect the film at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom