Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

ToTBellHop

Let’s not forget that Walt allowed the jungle cruise to remain open and operating while animals were added and lowered into the jungle via a crane.
Sure, and I also understand that they need the capacity. The decision to keep it closed in DL is more surprising but I believe they are partially doing that because they can’t use indoor queues now and Indy will therefore use the JC queue building.

JustInTime

If they were really planning on re-theming Sam or giving him a new backstory, they would have announced this. My guess is that the chimpanzee butterfly scene that was announced just before his removal is what will be the replacement.

JustInTime

Are we sure Sam is gone for good? Could there be a modification coming instead?
I feel like he is so beloved that they would have announced that. I commented above but they released the new butterfly concept art days before his removal. I suspect that is what’s going there.

yensidtlaw1969

Are we sure Sam is gone for good? Could there be a modification coming instead?
I mean, there *could* be. We don't know for sure.

But I think it's likely that Disney would be talking about that to quell discussions like these given the character's popularity. That they've commented on keeping his name for the bars but not on keeping the figure itself seems to hint that they want to try to let it go quietly.

Brer Panther

I'd be more okay with this if it weren't for the fact that they're replacing Trader Sam with more monkeys. How about some other type of animal? Variety is a thing, Disney. Monkeys are not automatically funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom