Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Animaniac93-98

It seems safe to assume that Trader Sam will not be sticking around through these changes, given the impetus for making them at all.

"Remove the stereotypical natives, but not my favorite stereotypical native" would be a weird thing to advocate.

Though I'm guilty of this too when it comes to Peter Pan's Flight and wanting Tiger Lilly to stay even if they remove the other Indians.

jeanericuser001

xv7xm.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

"Remove the stereotypical natives, but not my favorite stereotypical native" would be a weird thing to advocate.

Though I'm guilty of this too when it comes to Peter Pan's Flight and wanting Tiger Lilly to stay even if they remove the other Indians.
Right? That they've gone out of their way to indicate that they have no plans to change the name of the Trader Sam's bars on each coast but said nothing of the figures themselves seems pretty telling. Don't expect them to last.

I would assume something similar of Tiger Lily and her tribe in Peter Pan's Flight.

doctornick

Once again, I’d advocate that the MK Trader Sam is goofy enough to argue for keeping it while DL’s version is more realistic and stereotypical and would need to go.

That said, I expect both to be removed.

yensidtlaw1969

“Trader Sam” the title isn’t an issue correct? Could Trader Sam be a new adventurer / character?
The name isn't the problem, no. But don't you think they'd be playing up Trader Sam's "new occupation" if they were planning to keep him around?

Instead all they said basically amounted to "well . . . the BAR isn't going anywhere . . ."

BuzzedPotatoHead89

The name isn't the problem, no. But don't you think they'd be playing up Trader Sam's "new occupation" if they were planning to keep him around?

Instead all they said basically amounted to "well . . . the BAR isn't going anywhere . . ."
If I recall correctly someone (on this board) had previously mentioned that the character of Trader Sam was being retconned/included in the upcoming JC movie...

So regardless it’s possible we may either see references to the character at some time in the future again depending on the success of the film, but TWDC may want to keep it a “surprise”, particularly if the new character is significant a departure from the original in the ride.

JoeCamel

If I recall correctly someone (on this board) had previously mentioned that the character of Trader Sam was being retconned/included in the upcoming JC movie...

So regardless it’s possible we may either see references to the character at some time in the future again depending on the success of the film, but TWDC may want to keep it a “surprise”, particularly if the new character is significant a departure from the original in the ride.
Going to turn out to be a middle aged grifter from the big city hiding out from the people he conned here in the jungle. He adopted the native look to blend in.

TikibirdLand

Speaking of the movie, have we heard anything on an updated release date? it's one that I've actually been looking forward to...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom