Jungle Cruise Question

Rob562

Thankyou for that that was very interesting, My question is Riverboat on a track or the same system as JC? Or do they actually drive it. Sorry I have just realised this topic is about 9 years old!! OMG

Thanks,

Riverboat has a similar system to the Jungle Cruise. It's not exactly the same, but it's not a track, because the riverboat is free-floating. In fact, it can (and has) been brought out through the canal into Seven Seas Lagoon and over to the drydock in Bay Lake, but I believe it has to be towed to do that.

There's a rail running down the middle of the riverbed, sticking up about 12-18". The riverboat has guides underneath the front and back so that it follows the rail.
Actually, think of it like the cars on the Tomorrowland Speedway, but without as much "give" between the bumpers, it follows the rail pretty closely.

There are photos around somewhere of the Rivers of America totally drained where you can see the rail.

-Rob

princeharry

Does the JC have foggers like the Jurrassic Park ride at USH? If not wouldn't that be a great and cheap addition to the ride? I realize they could not make it too thick so that we could see the animals, but a light to heavy mist would be kind of cool.

yensid67

Does the JC have foggers like the Jurrassic Park ride at USH? If not wouldn't that be a great and cheap addition to the ride? I realize they could not make it too thick so that we could see the animals, but a light to heavy mist would be kind of cool.

Princeharry:

Foggers would be best used in the early AM or DUSK of the JC. During the day it would not work because the fog would actually burn off too quickly. But it would be an awesome effect otherwise!

yensid67

Princeharry:

Foggers would be best used in the early AM or DUSK of the JC. During the day it would not work because the fog would actually burn off too quickly. But it would be an awesome effect otherwise!

Also, probably the only thing that could add fog /mist to the immediate area would be dry ice, but that could get expensive day in, day out!

sm57co

I've only seen the rail guide system but I think these are older shots from DL. Have never seen WDW emptied.
I realize this thread started back in the 70's. Sorry. New to the site and poking around.

jc_track.jpg

DisAl

In this photo the water is clear enough you can see the guide rail for the Liberty Belle. It is sort of an I-beam. There is a bogey under the LB with wheels on each side and one on top that guides the boat. (There were quite a few photos posted when RoA was drained that clearly show the beam.)
The JC boats are a little different. There is a concrete trough. The boats have a "post" with wheels on it that sticks down into the trough to guide the boats.

DSCN7125.JPG

Markoz

Jungle Cruise skipper to the rescue!

Here since I actually drive an work at the Jungle Cruise I'll answer all your questions. The boats aren't on a track they are actually have two guide wheels one in the front and one in the back the go into the water and into a 6 foot deep trough. So the boats could actually come out of the trough if the water level gets too high. The river is colored so it looks deeper and you can't see the trough though on sunny days at load you can see a faint black 1 foot wide trough in the water. We control the boats forward and backwards momentum. Umm let’s see what else. Sometimes things will fall in the trough and we will shut the ride down because things get stuck like tree trunks etc.. and the boats can't get through because the trough is blocked under the water so either the river has to be drained or scuba people come in and take care of it I guess I've never actually seen how they do it without draining it. The river has things living in it like tadpoles and small fish we still don't know how that is possible. If you fall in you have to get a tetniss shot or you will start growing limbs in wierd places LOL. I think thats about it, but if you ever have a question about the JC, HM, or Riverboat I'm the one to ask since I work at those :)
Do you still work at the jungle boat ride in Disneyland ca . I lost my brown ray ban sunglasses on Wednesday April 5th 2023 at the loading area in between the boat and the skinny dock to the left of the boat 8ft from the end of the pier if you’re interested in skimming for them there is a very good reward if you find them please reply markzsiga@yahoo.com thanks

TomboyJanet

I will never forget driving the Jungle Cruise as a little starry eyed girl in a tink costume. That's the Disney dream right there! It was the moment I fell in love with the very atmosphere of the parks. That you can really be anything. I remember when they said cover your ears they were like NO NOT YOU YOU HAVE TO STEER!!! and It was so funny. I gotta dig the old mini vhs camcorder vid out. And all because I couldn't find a place to sit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom