Jungle Cruise Question

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I was watching a special on Walt Disney presents on Adventureland at Disneyland and I was wandering, Are the boats on a track because they allow guests to steer the boats and they seem to never to hit the animatronics but come very close? How do they do that?!

woofboy111

The boats are on tracks. If the CMs are driving, if you notice, alot of times they're not looking where thir going when they steer, and the boat always goes the right way, so thats one give away. When I've seen the guide let the guests drive, it's always been a little kid so they won't know that the boat's not going where their steering it. Do you think Disney would let a tourist rash a boat into an expensive animatronic animal?

I'm not sure about this, but I think the "drivers" on Jungle cruise have the ability to control when the boats go foward and backwards, and how fast. It seems like sometimes they spend a lot of time at that water fall! I know on Jaws at Universal though, which is a simular ride, the drivers have no control of the boats what so ever, and they move automatically, and are started up at the loading dock.

Hope this helped.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by woofboy111

I'm not sure about this, but I think the "drivers" on Jungle cruise have the ability to control when the boats go foward and backwards, and how fast. It seems like sometimes they spend a lot of time at that water fall! I know on Jaws at Universal though, which is a simular ride, the drivers have no control of the boats what so ever, and they move automatically, and are started up at the loading dock.

Your right.

Richy_roo

Speed of the boats

We were in Disneyland once at night and took the jungle cruise, the CM took us round at full speed.. doing the talk in a speedy voice. like we were in fast forward mode..

very funny and very quick.

Skipper Timekpr

Jungle Cruise skipper to the rescue!

Here since I actually drive an work at the Jungle Cruise I'll answer all your questions. The boats aren't on a track they are actually have two guide wheels one in the front and one in the back the go into the water and into a 6 foot deep trough. So the boats could actually come out of the trough if the water level gets to high. The river is colored so it looks deeper and you can't see the trough though on sunny days at load you can see a faint black 1 foot wide trough in the water. We control the boats forward and backwards momentum. Umm lets see what else. Sometimes things will fall in the trough and we will shut the ride down because things get stuck like tree trunks etc.. and the boats can't get through because the trough is blocked under the water so either the river has to be drained or scuba people come in and take care of it I guess I've never actually seen how they do it without draining it. The river has things living in it like tadpoles and small fish we still don't know how that is possible. If you fall in you have to get a tetniss shot or you will start growing limbs in wierd places LOL. I think thats about it, but if you ever have a question about the JC, HM, or Riverboat I'm the one to ask since I work at those :)

yensid67

The boats are on tracks. If the CMs are driving, if you notice, alot of times they're not looking where thir going when they steer, and the boat always goes the right way, so thats one give away. When I've seen the guide let the guests drive, it's always been a little kid so they won't know that the boat's not going where their steering it. Do you think Disney would let a tourist rash a boat into an expensive animatronic animal?

Hope this helped.

OK Here is my monies worth on this subject! I was a Jungle Cruise Skipper so to tell you the truth, the boats are in a moat, while the boats have tires that are positioned sideways on the bottom of the boat, thus allowing the boat to glide along the sides of the moat!
And the JC Skippers do have some control, but not much. We can go forward or backwards and speed up or slow up, like you mentioned at Inspiration Falls! And just why do they call it Inspiration Falls? Because it encourages us to go deeper and deeper into the jungle!!!! OOHH! AAHH!

Mickey92

Here since I actually drive an work at the Jungle Cruise I'll answer all your questions. The boats aren't on a track they are actually have two guide wheels one in the front and one in the back the go into the water and into a 6 foot deep trough. So the boats could actually come out of the trough if the water level gets to high. The river is colored so it looks deeper and you can't see the trough though on sunny days at load you can see a faint black 1 foot wide trough in the water. We control the boats forward and backwards momentum. Umm lets see what else. Sometimes things will fall in the trough and we will shut the ride down because things get stuck like tree trunks etc.. and the boats can't get through because the trough is blocked under the water so either the river has to be drained or scuba people come in and take care of it I guess I've never actually seen how they do it without draining it. The river has things living in it like tadpoles and small fish we still don't know how that is possible. If you fall in you have to get a tetniss shot or you will start growing limbs in wierd places LOL. I think thats about it, but if you ever have a question about the JC, HM, or Riverboat I'm the one to ask since I work at those :)

Thankyou for that that was very interesting, My question is Riverboat on a track or the same system as JC? Or do they actually drive it. Sorry I have just realised this topic is about 9 years old!! OMG

Thanks,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom