News Jungle Cruise closing for refurbishment in late August

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
It’s a weird relationship with Disney. Love it so much but swear it’s in death throes. Are we gonna see $50/day tickets? $80 stock? Look! Why isn’t summer busier? It’s such a great value if you can survive 5+ hours in a park.

ToTBellHop

I wonder how long this will close. They mentioned Jingle Cruise during Halfway to Holidays so presumably it reopens by Halloween.

Gusey

Whilst refurbs are necessary, I do think that there could be a way of announcing any planned refurbs earlier than a month and a half out. Emergency closures are understandable but if they used to announced ride closures about 6 months in advance if it was planned

JD80

I think what a lot of people may be missing is that with all these rides going down for refurb we're seeing a recommitment to the parks. If they are spending "big" now with loss of capacity etc. then I think we should be excited for the future. It just feels like they are taking the parks more seriously now. It started with them refurbing the seats in Muppet Vision.

It just feels like we've never seen this much refurb in quite some time. I'm just going off vibes though.

Phicinfan

I wonder how long this will close. They mentioned Jingle Cruise during Halfway to Holidays so presumably it reopens by Halloween.
I just read that Jungle Cruise has been removed from Mickey's Halloween and Christmas event. So this may be out longer than we thought

ToTBellHop

Read where?
It was pulled from the attraction listing for each party (I suspect their system is coded to automatically pull such hyperlinked items when a ride is scheduled for refurbishment, so this likely was automatic) but they still state Jingle Cruise will be offered.
1720638317461.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was pulled from the attraction listing for each party (I suspect their system is coded to automatically pull such hyperlinked items when a ride is scheduled for refurbishment, so this likely was automatic) but they still state Jingle Cruise will be offered.
View attachment 799219

Jingle Cruise was never listed under Adventureland when the 2024 Christmas party was announced - the Christmas Party page has stayed the same. It was removed yesterday from the Halloween Party attraction list.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
According to the Walt Disney World refurbishment calendar, Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom is scheduled to close for refurbishment beginning August 26, 2024.

No end has been provided and it is listed on the refurbishment calendar through the last date currently available, September 17, 2024.
We've seen this before...
20K-Cruise.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's a new statement from Walt Disney World on the Jungle Cruise refurbishment:

Beginning August 26, 2024, Jungle Cruise will temporarily close for refurbishment. The attraction is scheduled to reopen for Guests before the winter holidays begin at Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom