News Jungle Cruise closing for refurbishment in late August

Disstevefan1

Not that I have seen but if I would have to guess it will be after Jungle Cruise is done, just hope they maybe wait until the beginning of 2025 and get through the holidays instead of possibly having it down for two straight holiday seasons in 2024/2025
I hope the big thunder work is like one of those many things they just talk about and never actually do ;)

Disstevefan1

I don’t believe they did. And even if they did that wouldn’t have been nearly long enough to do this work.
It was not an overnight thing. What I mean is when they were doing that, they should have kept it closed longer to actually FIX things too and not wait the facade to fall off onto folks.

peter11435

I tried to find out how many days it was closed, maybe there was scrim up and they kept it open?
Anyway, they need to do real work on it now.
I’m almost positive it didn’t close.

There were scrims up in the ride path.

And yes, they need to do real work on it now. Which is why they are.

Sir_Cliff

You have me confused with someone else. I never thought it was in a terrible state. That's for others to complain about.

To me, Big Thunder is a fun family coaster, my family's favorite, and MK needs every bit of capacity.
So it should never be closed down for a thorough refurbishment? It's already behind at least the Disneyland and Disneyland Paris versions that have received updates.

I understand people's disappointment at missing out on their favourite attraction during their trip, but I really get irritated that we're always complaining about WDW's poor show quality and maintenance compared to the other resorts but yet people complain again every time they take a ride down for a proper refurbishment (which in this case also seems to be a necessity). Ideally, these rides would be going down for extended periods more often. Granted, ideally they would also have more capacity to take up the slack.

lentesta

Premium Member
I had just made a touring plan for MK this morning with Jungle Cruise in September. Went to optimize it and that's when I found out it was closing. That's one way to get the news!

In the next couple of weeks - before July 24 - we'll have an update to the touring plans that:
  • Suggests the best in-advance Lightning Lane Multi Passes (LLMP) to get
  • Knows you can request a "next" LLMP while waiting in line for another ride
  • Suggests the best day-of LLMPs to get, based on current distributions

JohnD

In the next couple of weeks - before July 24 - we'll have an update to the touring plans that:
  • Suggests the best in-advance Lightning Lane Multi Passes (LLMP) to get
  • Knows you can request a "next" LLMP while waiting in line for another ride
  • Suggests the best day-of LLMPs to get, based on current distributions
Remove G+, LL, and ILL. Replace with LL, LLSP and LLMP. Not confusing at all. :rolleyes:

Purduevian

Compared to the other parks... MK isn't super lacking on headliners (being very generous here on Headliners)

MKDLDLPTDLHKLDSHDL
Jungle CruiseJungle CruiseBig ThunderPiratesBig GrizzlyRoaring Rapids
PiratesIndyIndy Jungle CruiseFrozen Ever AfterSoarin
Tiana'sPiratesPhantom MannorBig ThunderHyperspace Mountain7 Dwarf
Big ThunderHaunted MansionPiratesSplashJungle CruiseCrystal Grotto?
Haunted MansionTiana's (soon)Hyperspace MountainBatBMystic MannorTron
7 DwarfRotRHoney HuntOaken's?Pirates
TronMFSRHaunted MansionAnt Man?
Zootopia
Space MountainBig ThunderSpace MountainIron Man?
MMRRMonsters Inc?
Matterhorn
Space Mountain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom