Jungle Cruise, a strange ending...

Austin1

hey, not fair!

Some CMs, including me, say "have a magical day" and mean it. Although, I must admit there have been a few times when I meant it the other way.

Well, here it is.. The story of the exciting finish to our Jungle Cruise journey this past thursday (11/29).

Well, we boarded the boat and were greeted by our skipper, we'll call this person "Pat".. Pat went through the speil, and did a great job as a skipper.. We held for a while at the end of the ride, due to boats ahead unloading/loading Handicapped guests, etc... Well.. we were pulling into the docks and the skipper was un-clear as to which station her was to pull into apparently, and was turned back looking at us to tell us about the 'pair-o-docks'... anyway.. he/she turned around, and noticed we were moving at roughly 30-40% speed and another boat was offloading.....Oooooo. 2 feet from us? He/she slammed it into neutral/reverse, but not before hitting theboat in front of us and accidentally "human reacting" into the an open microphone and saying "Oh ________!! "

The skipper was VERY upset with himself/herself, and I hope that the skipper doesn't get in too much trouble.. I would hope that disney would be more concerned with the bumping of the other boat, than the language.. the language was a pure human reaction, and I don't fault the skipper for it at all..

Meanwhile, we talked to the skipper afterwards and he/she was still pretty upset, she/he was going backstage, I would assume to fill out a report on what had happened..

As for the bump? nothing major.. I've had bigger impacts during a small world offload...

That is all... it was mildly entertaining, and I hope the skipper will tour the rivers of the jungle cruise for a long time to come!

:animwink::animwink:

I hope nothing happens to the skipper, too. You hear worse language walking down the street.

And, as a side note, you are not alone with having a bumpy time unloading IASW. My mom almost fell out of her wheelchair because the wheels got stuck on the treads in the boat! This was after we were stuck in the goodbye part of the ride and really got bumped.

DisneyAnole

It must be hard sometimes to just grin and bear it when some crazy person is yelling at you!

Like in the days before Soarin' when the Land closed at 7, having guests yell at you because the pavilion is closed...even though you don't set the operating hours. At those times, "Have a magical day" is the only thing you can say that won't get you terminated. :animwink:

Not that I would know from experience or anything.

Shaman

Interesting...So wait...let me get this straight...you get points for being unable to come to work because you're sick? CMs don't have any sick days? And if they do, why would they get any infractions for using them, if they are within their rights? Just seeking clarification....

:shrug::lookaroun

SonicRuin

I was told "have a magical day" constantly last week. I mean, all the time. Are you telling me that they were really telling me to "go get..." or something of the sort? That type of knowledge will completely ruin a vacation, especially since I go out of my way to be polite to the cast members, thanking every single one pretty much. :shrug:

coasterphil

I was told "have a magical day" constantly last week. I mean, all the time. Are you telling me that they were really telling me to "go get..." or something of the sort? That type of knowledge will completely ruin a vacation, especially since I go out of my way to be polite to the cast members, thanking every single one pretty much. :shrug:

No, most CMs actually mean it and are trying to interact with the guests a bit. If you weren't attacking the CM before they said that, don't worry about it being said in a sarcastic manner towards you.

WDWKat26

Interesting...So wait...let me get this straight...you get points for being unable to come to work because you're sick? CMs don't have any sick days? And if they do, why would they get any infractions for using them, if they are within their rights? Just seeking clarification....

The only CM's who get sick time are Full Time Cast Members. If you're sick, and you can't come to work, then that's the way it is. But, it's also because Disney doesn't know if you're actually sick or not. Not to bring up CP's again, but they are no longer allowed to call in sick in our department, because they were getting away with calling in sick numerous times and then going to the beach. Now they only get a regular Call-In when they call in.

Well, here it is.. The story of the exciting finish to our Jungle Cruise journey this past thursday (11/29).

Well, we boarded the boat and were greeted by our skipper, we'll call this person "Pat".. Pat went through the speil, and did a great job as a skipper.. We held for a while at the end of the ride, due to boats ahead unloading/loading Handicapped guests, etc... Well.. we were pulling into the docks and the skipper was un-clear as to which station her was to pull into apparently, and was turned back looking at us to tell us about the 'pair-o-docks'... anyway.. he/she turned around, and noticed we were moving at roughly 30-40% speed and another boat was offloading.....Oooooo. 2 feet from us? He/she slammed it into neutral/reverse, but not before hitting theboat in front of us and accidentally "human reacting" into the an open microphone and saying "Oh ________!! "

The skipper was VERY upset with himself/herself, and I hope that the skipper doesn't get in too much trouble.. I would hope that disney would be more concerned with the bumping of the other boat, than the language.. the language was a pure human reaction, and I don't fault the skipper for it at all..

Meanwhile, we talked to the skipper afterwards and he/she was still pretty upset, she/he was going backstage, I would assume to fill out a report on what had happened..

As for the bump? nothing major.. I've had bigger impacts during a small world offload...

That is all... it was mildly entertaining, and I hope the skipper will tour the rivers of the jungle cruise for a long time to come!

:animwink::animwink:

I think someone has it in for you!

Youre daughter gets hit in the face with a door and your jungle cruise boat crashes.....

The Mom

Premium Member
Guys, I did a little house cleaning, and sweep away what was definitely NOT pixie dust.

Now, try to play nice. ;)

Phonedave

Sounds like it takes either 3 or 4 points to get fired for absence.

And it seems like its 3 incidents of absence in 30 days gets you a point.

So its either 9 or 12 days calling in sick in a months time gets you fired.

Sounds to me like the CM's on this plan get an awfull lot of sick time.

12 sick days a month is half a normal persons work schedule.

Plus the is always FMLA, which enables elegible people who wish to abuse it, the ability to stay out for months at a time.

-dave

mickey04

Sounds like it takes either 3 or 4 points to get fired for absence.

And it seems like its 3 incidents of absence in 30 days gets you a point.

So its either 9 or 12 days calling in sick in a months time gets you fired.

Sounds to me like the CM's on this plan get an awfull lot of sick time.

12 sick days a month is half a normal persons work schedule.

Plus the is always FMLA, which enables elegible people who wish to abuse it, the ability to stay out for months at a time.

-dave

To clarify, calling in sick is 1 point, for up to 3 days. Reprimands come after calling in 3 times in 30 days, 6 times in 90 days or 9 times in 180 days. You can also get fired for calling in 10 days in a row. It takes 4 reprimands to get fired. Cast members also get sick days (which do not count against them) after working a certain amount of time. Compared to most businesses, this system is pretty lienent.

I'm amazed at how interested people are in the Disney call-in system. :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom