Jumbo Mini Discontinued?

rdour@techminds

Original Poster
Hello,

I wanted to buy the Jumbo Mini for my girlfriend for Christmas. She really, really, really wants it. I understand, I wanted a jumbo Figment for years, I'll never get one now that they've reduced him to a puppet. I have the puppet. However, I went to go and purchase the Jumbo Mini (Mouse) through the mail order desk, and they told me that product has been discontinued. I had the ID number of the product because we asked for it at the Mickey's Gift Station by the TTC.

Unfortunately, if a replacement product arrives shortly, how will I know if the product has changed? Below is the ID number of the product. Could anyone help me determine if people at WDW orders have this correct?

400-122091502
thanks,
Ryan

MissM

I kept looking at this post trying to figure out what a "Jumbo Mini" was. Is this like Jumbo Shrimp? Something I'm totally unaware of?

And then as I got to the end of your post, I realized you meant a Jumbo MINNIE. Ah...the character. Gotcha.

Sorry though, I don't know anything about the availability of jumbo figures. Have you tried contacting WDW Mail Order?

407-363-6200
wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

Hope you find it,
-m

rdour@techminds

Original Poster
The mail order department at the number you just posted was the group that gave me the sad news that the product had been "discontinued." Yet, they've had that product forever. We saw it on the 13th of December on our way to the Magic Kingdom for the last time on our trip. We were told that we could order her if we wanted her later. I didn't want to purchase Mini right there, I wanted it to be a big Xmas surprise. I was the one who got the surprise. I guess I should have gone to the bathroom, waited for her to go, ran out, back to the shop, and ordered it. Now it is too late. They told me that the quantity still on property is only floor product, and no longer is available to be pulled by mail order.

How could a product that gets the highest purch on the display rack at the gift shops be discontinued? Right in time for Xmas? This is so sad. My girlfriend has wanted the Jumbo Mini ever since the first trip we both took together in November 2005. We were both fresh out of college, and $100 was just too much. Now that I finally have a reasonable career, I wanted to get it for her. I hope someone knows more about the past product history of this item. I wanted to know, are they changing her? Are they planning on replacing her with a Jumbo version of the "Dream Pals Mini Mouse" that is special for the "Year of a Million Dreams?" If you haven't seen it yet, they are releasing special editions of the classic characters for the celebration.

By chance does anyone know where you can find larger Figment? Something bigger than the current puppet Figment? I had a wonderful time hanging out with Figment for a while in his crazy house. Yeah, that's right, Figment's house is not just that little space out in front. I had no idea he had that crazy room in the back. Since he is by far my favorite character at WDW, we took many pictures. The last two times I was there, the cast members told me he was out for back surgery. I believe they're right, because of all the characters, Figment seems to be the tallest, and deepest. His tail is at least 3 feet long, and huge. The detail on Figment is quite good. I'm blind, and from what I could notice, this large Figment was quite animated.

tink rules

It might cost a bit more, but you could try the off site businesses that sell Disney stuff... I think one is called the Laughing place - I'll look it up, but I don't know if they carry stuff like that either.

rdour@techminds

Original Poster
Forgot to mention that Jumbo Mini retails for $100 at WDW. It may help if anyone is trying to narrow down the product in a sea of Mini Mouse.

mom2of2

you may want to try a personal shopping service. www.giftsofalifetime.com does that and if floor stock is the only available they might be able to snag you one. Christmas delivery would be steep at this point but if you really want it then that's your only option.

rdour@techminds

Original Poster
Well, good news. I was able to snag a reported exact same product from Disneyland Resort in California. The reps over there at DelivEars seriously rock, and put much more effort into finding one of the last Jumbo Mini plushes.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate the help.

Ryan

maelstrom

It's MINNIE, not Mini. You're confusing everyone.

I would advise you to look on eBay or contact someplace like Main Street Megastore or the Laughing Place store. They shop right at the parks. Additionally, someone on this or another message board who lives nearby may be willing to get the plush Minnie for you if you were to PayPal them the money or some such.

DDuckFan130

I'm glad you found it :)

And I believe the reason it is coming out as "Mini" is because you dictate to the computer right? I guess that's what comes out.

As long as we know what you're talking about and you got your problem resolved, all is good :)

rdour@techminds

Original Poster
OK, I'm just dumb. The computer reads the text aloud. Mini and Minnie are pronounced the exact same. Therefore I never looked at the spelling of Minnie Mouse. I've never seen Minnie Mouse in any braille text I've ever read, and I don't emboss these posts. So, I've never seen Minnie Mouse "in the printed word" and so didn't realize the connection.

I'm feeling really dumb on this one, seriously. I'm the last one to not know how to spell Minnie Mouse. 1st graders probably know how to spell Minnie Mouse. Look, I can at least spell Mickey Mouse.

I'm so lame.....

lesm2425

hi i just looked on ebay i have found a 36 inch minnie plush she from te 1980's in good condition auction number 170063385571
she has a starting price of $50.00
i bought a lot of disney items from the bay and had no problems.
thanks les m . UK
Happy Holidays

Nicole

OK, I'm just dumb. The computer reads the text aloud. Mini and Minnie are pronounced the exact same. Therefore I never looked at the spelling of Minnie Mouse. I've never seen Minnie Mouse in any braille text I've ever read, and I don't emboss these posts. So, I've never seen Minnie Mouse "in the printed word" and so didn't realize the connection.

I'm feeling really dumb on this one, seriously. I'm the last one to not know how to spell Minnie Mouse. 1st graders probably know how to spell Minnie Mouse. Look, I can at least spell Mickey Mouse.

I'm so lame.....

Okay, you are not lame. At least we could tell what you were talking about, unlike many posts where the spelling is so atrocious that the whole post becomes jibberish.

And my daughter is a first grader who does not know how to spell Minnie Mouse. And she's a smart first grader who loves Disney as much as her mom.

Back to the original subject, I am glad that you found the jumbo Minnie you were looking for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom