July crowd level?

SosoDude

Original Poster
So, I've never been to SeaWorld and thought about checking it out in a few weeks. What should I expect from the crowds? Is it as packed as WDW during the same timeframe? Going on a Saturday. Thanks.

HwdStudio

Crowds are creeping up. If it’s really crowded and you want to ride the coasters you might want to purchase their front of the line pass.

SosoDude

Original Poster
So we visited SeaWorld yesterday. We arrived about 10:30 and it was pretty crowded. So, here are a few thoughts from a "first-timer" at SeaWorld:

1. The locker situation is terrible early on. The lockers near Kraken did not have anyone available to answer questions or help when we had an issue. We asked employees at the ride and the concession stands for help with our problem and no one seemed to know anything or be able to tell us where to get help. We finally found someone in the Journey to Atlantis gift shop who was knowledgeable, but seemed aggravated that he had to answer our questions. Not a good start to our day.

2. We upgraded to the quick queue after seeing most of the rides had an hour wait time posted. Although it was expensive, we would not have been able to experience all the rides if we had not added this upgrade.

3. I've been critical of the Disney Magic Band in the past, but after yesterday, I really see the advantage of it. We had our printed tickets, our all day dining band, our Quick Queue cards, and a card to hold our place in line for Kraken. I'll never fuss about a Magic Band again.

4. The rides were great. We like roller coasters, so no complaints. We also enjoyed the Penguin ride. The Anartic helicopter simulator almost made me hurl, but my son found it fun. We LOVED Mako. We rode it 3 times. Great coaster.

5 The dolphin and orca shows were great. In the Electric Ocean preshow I made the big screen with my awful dancing. My wife and son were terribly embarrassed, but I wasn't 😊.

6. I remember seeing videos in the early eighties of people getting splashed by Shamu and that has secretly been on my bucket list ever since. My son and I ended up on the front row of the splash zone and got SOAKED. We will remember this the rest of our lives. Now, if I could just get into a wrestling match with the San Diego Chicken, my eighties bucket list will be complete.

7. All day dining was great and worth the money. You just have to be flexible and find a restaurant with a shorter line.

8. While not on the same level as Disney, SeaWorld was fun. We will definitely be back, but during a less busy, less hot time of year.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:

SosoDude

Original Poster
If you stayed for Club SeaGlow and Ignite, what are your thoughts? Its seriously the most underrated event in town
We did not stay for Club Sea Glow. We watched a little bit of Ignite while making our way to the exit. Seemed very nice but we did not catch all of it. The seating area was PACKED so we decided to leave because of the rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom