Juan's News and Notes of the World - A Progressive Update

Most videos are too dark to see it but the Pterodactyl used to swoop down towards the vehicle where at his closest he was just out reach. Now it just sits at the top of its track. If you look closely you can see the track that it rode on in the ceiling.

The compys used to move left to right. It looked as if they were leaping across the path of the vehicle but i believe the were actually on the right wall as the vehicle was turning. They are small figures on a belt like track that is pretty hard to spot, their lights used to follow them through the motion. Now they are just stationary in a leaping position.

RSoxNo1

The compys used to move left to right. It looked as if they were leaping across the path of the vehicle but i believe the were actually on the right wall as the vehicle was turning. They are small figures on a belt like track that is pretty hard to spot, their lights used to follow them through the motion. Now they are just stationary in a leaping position.

I remember lights sort of jumping overhead. How big are the compys that would jump over the vehicle?

ctxak98

SWEET! DINOSAUR is my favorite ride! I do remember the pterodactyl working when it first opened but the compys I dont remember ever jumping across. But it would be cool if they actually would work finally. If only they had the chasing carno come closer to your vehicle like it use to! and what is up with the yeti! tht needs to be fixed because that was the whole reason i liked the ride was because of the mystery and thts why i went on it my first time because i was excited to see what the yeti actually looked like!...but still super excited to go in JULY!

orlando210

Dog Sighting

We had a DTBH (Dog Bounty Hunter) sighting in the Mexico Pavillion for dinner. Had to move for all of the people coming to bother him.

Why did they change the music at the end of 'El Rio del Tiempo'? La-La La, La-La, La, La-La, La, La-La. Also, miss the market at the end with the guy trying to haggle with passing boat riders.

DHS:
-Dog the Bounty Hunter at the park - 4/5 (in a Kilimanjaro Safari vest :ROFLOL:)

Yeti was in 'blink/strobe' mode, as if you blinked, you miss the small blink of the strobe light. :veryconfu

DAK:
-E:E - I too can confirm that the yeti is messed up. He is definitely in "C" (for staring at crotch :lol:) mode. The bird is working.
the steam was working as well. cool effect.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I remember lights sort of jumping overhead. How big are the compys that would jump over the vehicle?

You can still see them today, they are statically placed on their wire, about midway overhead of the ride path.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How did the plants make it through the winter at AK?

Badly unfortunately. AK has lost a ton of vegetation. It's going to take a long while to get things back. There are areas now that you can see straight through, in particular around the Kilimanjaro queue area and Pangani Trail.

juan

Original Poster
Juan, I forgot to ask how was the landscaping at Animal Kingdom? I know it took a hard hit this winter.

All throughout the parks, the dead vegetation has been replaced. This leaves some areas with more of an open view.

Tinkermommy

I have only been on Dinosaur once as DS and DD were to scared to go. Maybe I will have my DS watch a video of the ride on you tube in advance to see if he is ok with it. I hate to give it away, but am afraid he needs to be prepared. I'm really looking forward to riding it again.

juan

Original Poster
So the monorail is still breaking down all the time. Express line shut down yesterday evening and Gold had to be towed.

Disneyfanman

You can still see them today, they are statically placed on their wire, about midway overhead of the ride path.

I would love to see it replaced with a mist screen effect, like at Indy (DL). There some rats run over a tree branch and one falls onto the car. It's done with a mist screen similar to Dave Jones in Pirates. Probably simple to imagineer and fairly cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom