Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

nickys

Premium Member
So am I correct that we have lost a water feature and are gaining a water "screen" experience?

That depends.

Which water feature are you thinking is lost?

If FoN, there is now some hope it may be revamped, possibly sunken even. The concept art in the link I will post again, still shows a fountain where FoN currently sits.

The Moana inspired Journey of Water is brand new.

I can’t really tell what is happening with the jumping water feature outside the Imagination pavilion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It is popular now, but in a few years, the kids will move on to something else.

Just like the kids moved on from Peter Pan and Pinocchio and Alice and Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast and Frozen and Aladdin and Toy Story and Pirates and Dumbo and Pooh and Poppins... and there was no longer any interest in these IPs.

Just like that. Because that always happens. Wildly popular IPs are quickly forgotten. Always.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Future World" as we knew it - is gone. Considering the sad state of affairs it has been for a very, very long time now... What they're putting in its place won't have any need for "keeping it current" which ultimately killed FW. I dare say I like it. All these landscape features ("attractions") are on the right side of the park, tie into The Land and The Living Seas pavilions and the already organic pathways. Plus they'll offer a lovely, relaxing and SHADED place to be.

I'm down. Let's do this.
Yeah...I can see it some...

But theres still the nonsense Princess country and a weird marvel ride...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Pochahontas
Cinderella
Penelope
Ariel

But getting close, yes. As an aside, Anna is a princess. The only reason Elsa is not is because she's a queen. So you don't really need to say (plus the Frozen girls).

Penelope is not an official disney princess...if they/we are still going by that rule (although I think is being phased out). And neither is Anna.

Not to get into the weeds or anything... :)

RSoxNo1

Someone on Twitter is upset that the time setting of Moana is in the past and doesn't belong in **Future** World.

So, shhh.... let's all be very quiet about the Phoenicians and the dinosaurs and the pyramids... and just about everything else which is taking place in the **present.**
EPCOT Center was a history lesson.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Penelope is not an official disney princess...if they/we are still going by that rule (although I think is being phased out). And neither is Anna.

Not to get into the weeds or anything... :)

Meh. a few of the Disney Princesses wouldn't actually be princesses anyway. In Cinderella the dad died, so Prince Charming would be King Charming. There's no evidence The Beast had a ruling father or mother. Mulan was born a commoner and married a warrior. Etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom