Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Poseidon Quest

One of the biggest disappointments about it to us, was that it led us to believe it would be exciting - but it wasn't.
I don't know this for sure, but the impression I'm getting is that Guardian's is going to have far more constant motion than Gringott's.
That constant starting and stopping of Gringott's... Stopping to watch a movie, then starting again - ruined the continuity of the ride.
I'm of the belief, and hope that Guardians will not do that.

I agree. Gringotts is just "okay".

I can't tell you where or when I saw this information, but I've always had the impression that Guardians will be doing the exact same thing. It'll have its gravity portions and be supplemented with segments where it stops and spins you around while looking at a screen. At least that's what I had heard (but it's been so long that I can't remember who the source is).

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Those useless buildings could have been used for something more Epcot related. A Wall-E meet and greet, more stores, restaurants, snacks, etc.

They could have been used for bars. EPCOT needs more bars. Bars and drinking carts are greatly under-represented at EPCOT. No one should ever have to walk more than 50 feet to get at drink at EPCOT. Improper planning if you ask me. I suppose they could have a Wall-E bar. That'd be fun.

Snow Queen 83

I love Wall-E, and I think it would have been great to have him in Epcot.
Matter of fact, Guardians could and should have been Wall-E.
They could have incorporated the fire extinguisher flying sequence as part of the coaster.
I just don't think cramming him into a meet and greet in one of those building would have been the way to do it.

Yep, I agree. That's where I wanted it, but they went with something totally unEpcot.

Great suggestions! See? Anyone could have done better with EPCoT than they did. How about a Wall-E dark ride through Communicore? I can't believe nothing in the parks came from that movie.

It does seem like a shame it's not in Epcot at all. But somehow we have Monsters Inc and Classic Cars in Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Are you meaning latterly, once they’d been stripped of anything remotely interesting? I can kind of understand that sentiment from someone who only saw them empty.
I have seen them in both conditions. My first visit to EPCOT was in 91.
But they weren’t useless. They could have been filled with amazing stuff. As they were originally.
Great, but they weren't, and they have not for an extended period of time, AND they just tore one down. I again understand the wish for an updated past, but that ship has sailed, and at least ONE of the boats has not only sunk, but been permanently removed.

They let Communicore dry rot to death, and for whatever reason remove half of it.

So I get arguing whether or not Moana belongs in EPCOT, but to continue to ask for return to old isn't going to happen, its gone.

Snow Queen 83

I have seen them in both conditions. My first visit to EPCOT was in 91.

Great, but they weren't, and they have not for an extended period of time, AND they just tore one down. I again understand the wish for an updated past, but that ship has sailed, and at least ONE of the boats has not only sunk, but been permanently removed.

They let Communicore dry rot to death, and for whatever reason remove half of it.

So I get arguing whether or not Moana belongs in EPCOT, but to continue to ask for return to old isn't going to happen, its gone.

I think most of us are alright with change if it means we are getting something better. But Moana's water fountains are not an upgrade over Fountain of Nations, Club Cool, Starbucks and a Meet and Greet.

Plus now the front looks uneven, with the alterations. What would people do if they demoed the right side of Main Street U.S.A.? They'd freak out.

Bocabear

I think most of us are alright with change if it means we are getting something better. But Moana's water fountains are not an upgrade over Fountain of Nations, Club Cool, Starbucks and a Meet and Greet.

Plus now the front looks uneven, with the alterations. What would people do if they demoed the right side of Main Street U.S.A.? They'd freak out.
And rightly so...It would make no sense whatsoever... just like what they did to Communicore. The building was large enough to hold a dark ride, a "One Man's Dream" museum focusing on Walt Disney's futurism and the World's Fairs...and then in a final stroke of genius, move Carousel Of Progress in it's original Mid century configuration to that arc of Communicore... A Preamble to EPCOT...the dream, it's roots and what it has become... Something hopeful and inspirational... Not vast useless park spaces, broken symmetry and an out of context water feature.

Phicinfan

You know this how? First, we are getting club cool back, please read what is still going into other section, we will get the Meet and Greets back. Starbucks in separate building has been confirmed. So what we are getting is an ADD, its a tie to seas as a "preentry" walkway. Yes it has IP tie in, but so far the artwork has shown it to be subtle. So again, is this real issues, or just hate for hate sake?
?? Entry is set, SSE is set, this is a side area closer to Seas that has a great tie in possibility with the world of nature where it is going. As for Main Street, that isn't happening so I won't go into supposition for you. This was an unused abused building that got torn down. As part of that they are building a extra area to enhance some tie in.

I for one will hold judgement on what it is until it is built and we see the whole picture. Patience isn't a real virtue here.

Phicinfan

And rightly so...It would make no sense whatsoever... just like what they did to Communicore. The building was large enough to hold a dark ride, a "One Man's Dream" museum focusing on Walt Disney's futurism and the World's Fairs...and then in a final stroke of genius, move Carousel Of Progress in it's original Mid century configuration to that arc of Communicore... A Preamble to EPCOT...the dream, it's roots and what it has become... Something hopeful and inspirational... Not vast useless park spaces, broken symmetry and an out of context water feature.
One wonders if you have any idea what any or all of that would take. I am thinking not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
  • Starbucks is still in the parks and will get a permanent home in Communicore East.
  • Club Cool is coming back in Communicore East.
  • M&Gs are going to be concentrated in PLAY! Right now, they still exist, especially in Imagination.
  • A new show fountain is replacing Fountain of Nations.

TikibirdLand

perhaps because the old building has a basement you probably couldt just build a dark ride inside of it without massive structural enhancements?
IIRC, there was plenty of pretty heavy set pieces in there back in the day. I'm betting @marni1971 can speak more on that. I'm sure there wouldn't have been structural issues. There were pictures of people using the roof as an observation deck too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IIRC, there was plenty of pretty heavy set pieces in there back in the day. I'm betting @marni1971 can speak more on that. I'm sure there wouldn't have been structural issues. There were pictures of people using the roof as an observation deck too.
The roof decks were load bearing if thats the question?

8BFE06ED-5F80-4F79-B073-0B7043AC53DE.jpg

7C919AE4-7144-4920-9CEF-032C9B91C591.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom