Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Crazydisneyfanluke

It breaks my heart that Epcot is no longer Epcot. It's even more-so upsetting that the solution TDO seems to be going with to fix Epcot's broken theme is, well, killing Epcot as we know it and completely changing the theme. I will never understand how saving Epcot turned into bulldozing and rebuilding instead of putting the money where it was needed and keeping the original purpose intact.
100000% agree with this. It just shows that there is no originality left in WDI.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It breaks my heart that Epcot is no longer Epcot. It's even more-so upsetting that the solution TDO seems to be going with to fix Epcot's broken theme is, well, killing Epcot as we know it and completely changing the theme. I will never understand how saving Epcot turned into bulldozing and rebuilding instead of putting the money where it was needed and keeping the original purpose intact.
Epcot is whatever Disney want's it to be now. No real point in debating whether something fits or not.

The sad part about filling parks with IP is that when no one cares about second string characters and IP anymore those attractions will age even worse than what imagineers from the 1970’s thought the 1990’s would be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Up on the wrong side of the bed we are?
I like sarcasm...

But let’s put on our big boy pants...

So Dr Evil “chapek” starts off by talking about laurels for a land that everyone on earth - including Iger - admits is struggling.

If that isn’t the text book definition of “spin” or “reach”...we all need to repeat k-12 English

hpyhnt 1000

I'm not completely opposed to this. Maybe after years of rumors and other hamfisted IP overlays I just expect the worst possible idea to get implemented. But we have to see how this gets executed.

A water garden in front the of The Seas makes some sense. The name "Journey of Water" is encouraging; hopefully that means some edutainment with a focus on the water cycle or how water gets from the mountains to the oceans. Moana is a decent IP to use for this as the movie has themes of exploration and respect for the natural world. At minimum, this should be a visually beautiful area. Cautiously optimistic at this point.

bartholomr4

I like sarcasm...

But let’s put on our big boy pants...

So Dr Evil “chapek” starts off by talking about laurels for a land that everyone on earth - including Iger - admits is struggling.

If that isn’t the text book definition of “spin” or “reach”...we all need to repeat k-12 English

I get you..... There's a lot of water to run under the bridge over the next 3-4 days.... Lets give them their due..... If lessons have been made or the possibility of progress on prior decisions, I'd like to be fully briefed before I start to get too depressed here..... You have to give them one thing.... It may not be exactly what we want, or the way we would do it, but there isn't anyone doing anything close to this type of engagement model other than Disney.... Universals pre-emptive response was to announce the obvious, "We bought 700 acres, and are going to build a bridge off the interstate to it -- News at eleven" You gotta admit, it isn't all bad.....

RadiatorSpringsRacer

If we have to lose the FON, I think this replacement could be a lot worse. If the name says "inspired by Moana" as opposed to, idk, "Moana's Water Adventure", I get the feeling it's going to have an educational aspect or at least not be a total synergy-fest. I hope the water cycle predictions some people here made turn out to be right.

Never mind that Polynesia is a region that, AFAIK, hasn't yet been represented in EPCOT.

alex0c

I’m intrigued- it could be beautiful. Obviously don’t like the Moana tie in but hopefully it’s subtle and not in your face.

spacemountaincarlo

If we have to lose the FON, I think this replacement could be a lot worse. If the name says "inspired by Moana" as opposed to, idk, "Moana's Water Adventure", I get the feeling it's going to have an educational aspect or at least not be a total synergy-fest. I hope the water cycle predictions some people here made turn out to be right.

Never mind that Polynesia is a region that, AFAIK, hasn't yet been represented in EPCOT.
We aren't losing FON, it's in a lot of the concept art.

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting. Somebody on here was talking about there being an IP replacement for the fountain of nations a few weeks back. Can't remember which thread though

It was The end of Innoventions thread I think. That progressed to the fact this was a completely new feature, separate to FoN, which would be refurbed / replaced but in the same location. Which the concept art supports in this article:

@marni1971 raised some hopes that FoN wouldn’t actually be demolished but simply revamped. Link:

In the concept art, “FoN” is certainly uncluttered with no sign of a stage and paraphernalia surrounding it. I’m keeping fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom