Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
'Moana who?' - kids will say in 7 years.
I’m worried about that now...don’t need to wait 7 years.
As part of one of three new lands replacing Future World.
So it doesn’t fit at all then...
I’m not so sure about that. Moana is definitely more popular with my little cousins (boys and girls) than Wreck It Ralph (I loved the first one, never saw the second) and Big Hero 6
It is a popular IP for now...but this is always the danger of Princessland
IMHO a good direction, adding focus to "other than urban" areas of the globe.
You mean the places where the people have not a cent to their name and it will only get worse as we hoard money?

“Disney’s Arkansas adventure”?
Could not disagree more. Moana has big staying power. It’s not the forgettable Zootopia or Wreck It Ralph. It’s rewatchable, and the music “bangs” as the kids say. This will be in heavy rotation forever.
This is always the danger of more Disney Princessland

Anyone who goes on DIS remember bout 2 weeks after frozen came out when the shield brigade claimed that it was a “cultural phenomenon” that will never go away? Bigger than Harry Potter?

Well is it now? did it “fall in line” behind belle and Ariel and the others as some warned?
Or should we wait again and talk until after this awful sequel comes out that they Took forever to make and can’t get a decent trailer together for? (Becoming a modern Iger “thing”)

This too...shall pass.

I will say I like Moana and this a nice “minor” level addition in a park that just needs “more”

But edutainment is still what has and should set it apart form 3 other parks that are becoming repetitive.

Not food and wine shacks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You mean the places where the people have not a cent to their name and it will only get worse as we hoard money?

“Disney’s Arkansas adventure”?

My friend, you're a bit myopic. There are some of us who don't live in urban areas who have more than a few cents to rub together. Where do you think all the resources you depend on come from?

Attachments

• Why.jpg
    Why.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 190

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My friend, you're a bit myopic. There are some of us who don't live in urban areas who have more than a few cents to rub together. Where do you think all the resources you depend on come from?
But generally speaking...the stats don’t indicate a great trend.

More people are losing in rural markets than urban...but they’re both losing - to be clear

Say “hi” to uncle Eli for me😉

Bocabear

While I think it looks beautiful, wouldn't it be better suited in Adventureland or the Animal Kingdom? This seems strange and just plop[ped down as a space filler...does not represent any of the park concept as we know it, and just seems extremely wrong. The actual water play area is lovely... just a really strange place to put it.
I guess part of the problem is that no one understands what they are doing with the park at this point...it is just starting to feel more strange and cobbled together in a nonsensical way.

Mike S

While I think it looks beautiful, wouldn't it be better suited in Adventureland or the Animal Kingdom? This seems strange and just plop[ped down as a space filler...does not represent any of the park concept as we know it, and just seems extremely wrong. The actual water play area is lovely... just a really strange place to put it.
I guess part of the problem is that no one understands what they are doing with the park at this point...it is just starting to feel more strange and cobbled together in a nonsensical way.
It is across from The Seas so that might be their idea.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
But generally speaking...the stats don’t indicate a great trend.

More people are losing in rural markets than urban...but they’re both losing - to be clear

Say “hi” to uncle Eli for me😉

Our community is doing fine, the closest town of ~22K has about 20 different bank brands and the population doesn't vote for a living.

Epcot_Imagineer

It breaks my heart that Epcot is no longer Epcot. It's even more-so upsetting that the solution TDO seems to be going with to fix Epcot's broken theme is, well, killing Epcot as we know it and completely changing the theme. I will never understand how saving Epcot turned into bulldozing and rebuilding instead of putting the money where it was needed and keeping the original purpose intact.

AgentPeggyCarter

So, is this going to be a playground-like area for families? The water element could meant that there will be a splash pad involved. Personally, Moana wasn't my favorite movie, and one of my favorite things about Future World is the classic theming. I hope that this will seamlessly be added into the park and not create an area that doesn't have the same ambiance as the rest of the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Same way Frozen fits into Norway, Nemo fits into the Seas and Donald fits into Mexico. They are all Disney characters.

From the concept art, it looks like the Journey of Water area flows (no pun intended) right into the Seas, which is a nice transition.
which is not a theme...which is fracture of uniform concept they seem to be ok with in all their parks now.
It breaks my heart that Epcot is no longer Epcot. It's even more-so upsetting that the solution TDO seems to be going with to fix Epcot's broken theme is, well, killing Epcot as we know it and completely changing the theme. I will never understand how saving Epcot turned into bulldozing and rebuilding instead of putting the money where it was needed and keeping the original purpose intact.

Because their data tells them people can’t be bothered with any concept other than immediate, non-thinking gratification anymore. Generally speaking.

And it’s about stock price.

Epcot was the greatest theme park ever built. That will never change no matter what they do now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You'll get over it, things change just like Celebration diverged from the EPCOT concept going to new urbanism instead of modernist and futurist.
Not the same...

The original concept was an insane idea by an old man...

...the park was an engineering marvel that trusted the customers in a way never seen...and is more the cornerstone of modern wdw than even the magic
Kingdom...i would argue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom