Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

donnylambb

Update...These buildings could easily be updated. The base architecture is beautiful...We have reached that point where it has been terted up with crappy paint schemes and window decals and hidden behind landscaping for so long the original lines are kind of lost... Open the windows back up, a fresh clean color scheme... Get rid of the Party Tent in World Showcase and move the festivals into this location...
I would scrape the entire plaza between the communicore buildings and re landscape and reconfigure...Less clutter, Clearer pathways and vistas...More like it was when it opened... Move the fountain Of Nations out of the central access walkway and to the center of the plaza... Before they tear down the symmetry of EPCOT and Futureworld, they should consider they have been using a party tent for 2 decades when they could use existing buildings for this purpose...
Build a rooftop bar and gardens on the existing buildings...There are ways to do this that don't destroy the overall legacy of the park.
Epcot is indeed my favorite park. I love your passion keep it up!

brb1006

That post just made my whole night. Thank you! It sums up every plotline to almost every Disney/Pixar movie of the last 5 years.

It's all just so... boring and predictable.
But I liked Tangled and Zootopia, heck Tangled: the Animated Series is very decent to watch. :(

Last edited:

brb1006

Yeah! Every film except Inside Out, Up!, The Good Dinosaur, Coco, Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, Wreck-It Ralph 1 and 2, Monsters University, Big Hero 6, the upcoming Onward and Soul, but other than that, it's EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME. :p
Don't forget Raya and the Lost Dragon.

Tonto

Update...These buildings could easily be updated. The base architecture is beautiful...We have reached that point where it has been terted up with crappy paint schemes and window decals and hidden behind landscaping for so long the original lines are kind of lost... Open the windows back up, a fresh clean color scheme... Get rid of the Party Tent in World Showcase and move the festivals into this location...
I would scrape the entire plaza between the communicore buildings and re landscape and reconfigure...Less clutter, Clearer pathways and vistas...More like it was when it opened... Move the fountain Of Nations out of the central access walkway and to the center of the plaza... Before they tear down the symmetry of EPCOT and Futureworld, they should consider they have been using a party tent for 2 decades when they could use existing buildings for this purpose...
Build a rooftop bar and gardens on the existing buildings...There are ways to do this that don't destroy the overall legacy of the park.
The architecture is certainly a product of the 80's and certainly has its fans. For me and a lot of non-Disney fanatics, we say blow up those archaic structures!!! Ka Boom!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The architecture is certainly a product of the 80's and certainly has its fans. For me and a lot of non-Disney fanatics, we say blow up those archaic structures!!! Ka Boom!!!
You will never get the time and effort on anything built now as compared to Epcot 1.0...

The original build was the largest privately funded construction project in US ever for almost 20 years...built in 4 years flat.

Disney doesn’t have the guts to do anything of the sort now. And they’re cheap.
Disney definitely loves those who demand less for more.
That they do...exclusive nighttime “experience” in futureworld on deck!!
I have no problem with Moana having a water play area in EPCOT :cautious:
You should...it’s a “punt” move by a team that goes 3 and out a lot.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Moana water area isn’t going where Starbucks and Club Cool was. That’s the new Festival Center area.
That was a joke...and even if it wasn’t - the response wouldn’t answer the question: which is why they didn’t give it a temporary spot?

The “upsell center” will be lovely - no doubt

MrConbon

That was a joke...and even if it wasn’t - the response wouldn’t answer the question: which is why they didn’t give it a temporary spot?

The “upsell center” will be lovely - no doubt

Gave what a temporary spot? This discussion is based on the Moana water area. The user was upset that Moana was replacing Club Cool and Starbucks and I corrected them. If you wanna be upset about the Festival Center replacing it I don’t care but that isn’t what this topic is about.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gave what a temporary spot? This discussion is based on the Moana water area. The user was upset that Moana was replacing Club Cool and Starbucks and I corrected them. If you wanna be upset about the Festival Center replacing it I don’t care but that isn’t what this topic is about.
Club Cool wasn’t given a temporary spot...

And Beverly tasted like rainwater after flowing over a hyena’s butt...

Who cares where they’re putting the water fountain...it was a JOKE!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom