Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Epcot81Fan

Trying to plan a trip so apologize if this has been addressed before, but do we have even an estimated time of when we think the majority of construction walls will be down?

Thanks in advance if you have a guess.

James Alucobond

Trying to plan a trip so apologize if this has been addressed before, but do we have even an estimated time of when we think the majority of construction walls will be down?

Thanks in advance if you have a guess.
I don't think it's wise to assume anything with this project. Walls could come down progressively, but they also might not. The only thing they've said somewhat definitively is that JoW is supposed to be complete in autumn, but I'm personally not planning another trip until they're actually down.

Disstevefan1

StillWaiting.png

James Alucobond

I was doing my weekly trolling of YouTube footage for some glimpses of updates in this area, and it looks like they're extending the construction walls all the way down the path that runs north of Journey of Water toward Coral Reef Restaurant. I'm guessing that means this path will in fact open soonish, perhaps to allow them to close the bypass and return that area to backstage as they work on finishing the area around the water treatment and pumping facility.
jow_bypass.png

tparris

I was doing my weekly trolling of YouTube footage for some glimpses of updates in this area, and it looks like they're extending the construction walls all the way down the path that runs north of Journey of Water toward Coral Reef Restaurant. I'm guessing that means this path will in fact open soonish, perhaps to allow them to close the bypass and return that area to backstage as they work on finishing the area around the water treatment and pumping facility.
View attachment 704321
Some photos I took the other day. It seems the restrooms will be opening soon as well
AFFD1626-766C-41A3-A95D-4BFF4BD578FE.jpeg
77F6DB01-C554-4806-82AA-82258AE54F86.jpeg
A2A6CA7D-C942-4A2B-8F86-E8F3E04E8DC9.jpeg
DBC314D7-C9B8-4CD4-BD8E-85CC8D49A418.jpeg
F0C6D40F-4B39-4455-9425-196585E2D2D7.jpeg
BF9300E3-C328-43C8-8F81-0FE318DE3B87.jpeg
A549B31C-0870-4206-AF1A-D1C3736F5EC9.jpeg

James Alucobond

If I'm seeing clearly on some of the walkthrough videos that were posted today from the new path, it seems the fabric canopies at the entrance to the waterfall cave at the back of the attraction were added earlier this week.

UNCgolf

If I'm seeing clearly on some of the walkthrough videos that were posted today from the new path, it seems the fabric canopies at the entrance to the waterfall cave at the back of the attraction were added earlier this week.

It still baffles me that they're adding fabric to an outdoor venue that won't be open for several more months. It's just needlessly exposing it to weathering.

Disstevefan1

It still baffles me that they're adding fabric to an outdoor venue that won't be open for several more months. It's just needlessly exposing it to weathering.
I am guessing its some sort of man-made petroleum based super durable material designed to stand up to the sun. Brought to you by Monsanto ;) . Hey, maybe Moana does fit in EPCOT ;)

James Alucobond

I meeeaaan, the whole timeline here is baffling more than anything. I've never seen anything look so close to completion that's so far from opening. The paving is essentially done, the majority of the core landscaping is in place, the waterfall is already running, soft goods and delicate lighting fixtures are being installed, signage has appeared, etc. After the two bridges are completed, it feels like they should be at a point where they're just doing finishings.

UNCgolf

I meeeaaan, the whole timeline here is baffling more than anything. I've never seen anything look so close to completion that's so far from opening. The paving is essentially done, the majority of the core landscaping is in place, the waterfall is already running, soft goods and delicate lighting fixtures are being installed, signage has appeared, etc. After the two bridges are completed, it feels like they should be at a point where they're just doing finishings.

Agreed. If they weren't continually said late 2023, even in recent releases, I'd believe the timeline had changed and they were actually opening this before summer.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom