Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
One of the more interesting things I learned working at Pirates is the cave is only solid about 1/2 way up. The rest its painted foil!
Is it? I worked pirates for just about 2 and a half weeks... I did notice that it seemed pretty darn thin from behind on the catwalks... Even the sides.

James Alucobond

I just don't understand why we need another fantasy-based ride in Epcot. Isn't that what Magic Kingdom is for? Zach is trying to become the next Tony Baxter, and I am not seeing it at all.
I mean, we’ve known this was the direction they were going for ages now. The corporate and international sponsors are waning while the IP sponsors are waxing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just don't understand why we need another fantasy-based ride in Epcot.
It's not a ride.

The cycle of water is an earth science lesson we all learned in 5th grade. It's an edutainment attraction using a fictional character.

If you think fictional characters don't belong in EPCOT, write a strongly worded letter to Chapek regarding the Figment ride.

Incomudro

It's not a ride.

The cycle of water is an earth science lesson we all learned in 5th grade. It's an edutainment attraction using a fictional character.

If you think fictional characters don't belong in EPCOT, write a strongly worded letter to Chapek regarding the Figment ride.
Might want to go back in time and erase the characters that were sometimes seen walking about in Epcot too.

montyz81

It's not a ride.

I never said anything about fictional characters not belonging in Epcot, even though there weren't any on opening day save for Figment. Also, I am not sure this will be a lesson on water's journey. I suspect it will be a water feature enhancement of the jumping water in the Imagination pavilion.

And sorry "Attraction"

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I never said anything about fictional characters not belonging in Epcot, even though there weren't any on opening day save for Figment. Also, I am not sure this will be a lesson on water's journey. I suspect it will be a water feature enhancement of the jumping water in the Imagination pavilion.

And sorry "Attraction"
It is supposed to cover the water cycle. Given the new neighborhoods of Epcot, this would be an appropriate location for it within World Nature.

Now, being okay with this new direction of Epcot and its neighborhoods is another story...

J4546

If they announced a camp discovery style mou tain rope course and river rapids ride intertwining it, put it between land and seas, that would be pretty cool imo, you could even possibly link it with a waterway connecting to jow area

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Might want to go back in time and erase the characters that were sometimes seen walking about in Epcot too.
Well, in defense of ""Epcot purists"", the original EPCOT was supposed to be devoid of all things considered "Disney IP" including Mickey Mouse, so much so, that there weren't even supposed to be any Hidden Mickey.

Which would've been fine if there were continued investment in the park to keep it growing and updated in that model. But the corporate sponsors mostly balked at underwriting that. As did Disney Corp.

And thus Disney IPs replaced corporate logos now that Disney was the corporate sponsor.

montyz81

It is supposed to cover the water cycle. Given the new neighborhoods of Epcot, this would be an appropriate location for it within World Nature.

Now, being okay with this new direction of Epcot and its neighborhoods is another story...
It is in Future World. Nope, not ok with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom