Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Captain Barbossa

Bobby would love this idea "Help build EPCOT for only $5 a person" 🤣

*Amazing Grace plays in background*

“Hello, I’m Bob Chapek, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. Our founder, Walter Elias Disney, once said something that doesn’t relate to what we’re currently doing, but we like to take what he said out of context and twist it around in order to make people believe that our actions are justified. Walt had a vision for EPCOT when planning the Walt Disney World Resort. That vision was to make EPCOT a place that’s More Disney, More Family, More Timeless and More Relevant ™️.

The COVID-19 pandemic put a financial strain on many people around the world. I would know because the assistant that I have to wipe my heinie has had to use 2-ply toilet paper instead of 3-ply. To add to injury, The Walt Disney Company was not spared, causing us to suffer financially. Because of this, Walt’s vision for EPCOT is now in jeopardy, and we desperately ask for your help. Walt’s dream attraction for EPCOT was Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana. This attraction represents everything that Walt dreamed of to make an inclusive, diverse, harmonious atmosphere that celebrates our shared story. For only $5, you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane through Genie+ to help our Imagineers for 2 whole minutes make Walt’s vision and dream for EPCOT and Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana come true. Our Cast Members are standing by to offer any assistance you may need. Please open Genie+ and purchase now.”

0B9F322D-3562-4E6D-833C-7877FD68A39E.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
*Amazing Grace plays in background*

“Hello, I’m Bob Chapek, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. Our founder, Walter Elias Disney, once said something that doesn’t relate to what we’re currently doing, but we like to take what he said out of context and twist it around in order to make people believe that our actions are justified. Walt had a vision for EPCOT when planning the Walt Disney World Resort. That vision was to make EPCOT a place that’s More Disney, More Family, More Timeless and More Relevant ™️.

The COVID-19 pandemic put a financial strain on many people around the world. I would know because the assistant that I have to wipe my heinie has had to use 2-ply toilet paper instead of 3-ply. To add to injury, The Walt Disney Company was not spared, causing us to suffer financially. Because of this, Walt’s vision for EPCOT is now in jeopardy, and we desperately ask for your help. Walt’s dream attraction for EPCOT was Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana. This attraction represents everything that Walt dreamed of to make an inclusive, diverse, harmonious atmosphere that celebrates our shared story. For only $5, you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane through Genie+ to help our Imagineers for 2 whole minutes make Walt’s vision and dream for EPCOT and Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana come true. Our Cast Members are standing by to offer any assistance you may need. Please open Genie+ and purchase now.”

View attachment 661639

This is absolutely brilliant. :D The only thing that could make it better - "For just pennies a day, you can help. Donations start at just $19/month.".

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Zach Riddley go away. He's like your obnoxious family member that you don't like but can't get rid of.
I was thinking the same thing, these are the kinds of attractions that fall apart and disappear without notice until one day we notice it’s gone and we ask whatever happened to that section while it’s abandoned and surrounded by shrubs taking up space. They can barely maintain what’s there already.

Incomudro

I’ve always been fascinated by the process of how Imagineering create such realistic looking rockwork and environments, so this is actually a really cool post to me. It’s certainly coming along, seemingly at a slightly faster pace each time I see it.
I'm happily surprized to see that this is a lava flow look.
I should have thought that would be the case - but my mind didn't go there for some reason.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think rock-work is an overdone/too easy to use form of landscaping for theme parks.... I especially loathe cave-based queue lines..

I always mention this when I go through the 15 hundredth attraction with "detailed rock work..." or "caves..."

MK:
Tom Sawyer Island
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Beast's Castle
Little Mermaid
Tomorrowland Entrance

EPCOT:
Canada (made even worse during its refurb a couple years back)
Living with the Land (Sort of.. Desert scene)
Moana

HS:
Rise of the Resistance
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (set)
A lot of Galaxy's Edge

AK:
Na'vi River Journey
Flight of Passage
A lot of Pandora
Mount Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris (Yes, I will include animal exhibits)
Entrance area
ITTBAB waiting room

California Adventure:
Radiator Springs/Radiator Springs Racers
Grizzly River Run

Disneyland:
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Galaxy's Edge
Thunder Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

Islands of Adventure:
Hagrid's
Poseidon's Fury
King Kong
Jurassic Park River Adventure (end plunge section)
Mytho's

Rock work is soooo overdone... Now.. If they do rockwork like THIISSSS
disney-sea-50-big.jpg

THEN I understand. :)

Minthorne

Does anyone have any idea what this attraction will entail? Is it like the fountains outside imagination but with rock work?

Is it true that the restroom is included in the Journey of Water?

bhg469

Does anyone have any idea what this attraction will entail? Is it like the fountains outside imagination but with rock work?

Is it true that the restroom is included in the Journey of Water?
I'm guessing more of the laminar flow fountains like the chasing fountain by imagination or the water fountain by the bathrooms in Africa inside of DAK.

I wouldn't expect much rushing water like the reverse waterfall just because I think they're going for a zen garden type feel... Despite the noise from a bunch of tourists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom