Journey into Your Imagination

Chad

((They mark the end of an era for such elaboarate attractions.))

I seriously doubt that..Disney still makes amazingly themed attractions, thats a very harsh thing to say, seeing as EPCOT's attendance was never all that high, and World of Motion certainly wasn't something people were fighting to ride..It never had a line, and was never all that popular.

I wouldn't call it a 'classic' it wasn't the most magnificent ride, and it went out peacefully, and was replaced with something that is really helping EPCOT out attendance wise.

JIYI is another thing..I never saw their reasoning behind taking it out..(sigh) It will be missed.

Davis224

All I have to say is JIYI was something I always looked forward to. It was what epcot was all about. Every park has one of those rides if not several, but at least one that you have to do if you want to feel like you are really in the park, and seeing figment is what did it for me. . . . . But somebody said earlier, they are selling his merchandise so he has to be coming back :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

foxfire

Guess I should have bid on Dreamfinder's blimp when it was on ebay. Who knows where I'd keep it though....plus, $50,000 for shipping? I'll give you a few million and you can rebuild the ride for me.

If I remember right, they were selling Figment merchandise the whole time that JIYI was open. I just hope that the new changes don't consist of throwing a few Figment AA's into the current attraction. That ride needs a story change as well, IMHO.

disneyreports

From what I have heard Figment WILL play a bigger role in the new version of Journey... Also, it sounds like they are bringing back the popular song, "One Little Spark"!

MrPromey

Originally posted by Brer Penguin
If I remember right, they were selling Figment merchandise the whole time that JIYI was open. I just hope that the new changes don't consist of throwing a few Figment AA's into the current attraction. That ride needs a story change as well, IMHO.

Yep, and they were selling stuff with him on it even when the old one was being torn up.Why they dropped the character down so much completely baffles me since he was the only Disney type of character you could find in Future World. They had to have been crazy to think people wouldn't miss it...

As much as I loved the old ride, it wasn't pulling in the crowds. I'd like to blame it on Honey I Shrunk The Audience because after that opened, Disney seemed to focus all attention on that part of the pavilion to the point that without a map, some people may not have even realized the ride was there but it's hard to say. In any event, people have been saying bad things about JIYI since the cast previews. Apparently, almost nobody liked this ride.

disneyreports

As far as I know there hasn't been a cast preview for the rehabed Journey yet... I am willing to bet that the preview will be in about a month...

Chris

I was at DS yesterday and in the Backlot tour they had lots of items they were working on for JITYI. Figment was prominate in all of them. So it is very safe to say. Figment is back.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Chris
I was at DS yesterday and in the Backlot tour they had lots of items they were working on for JITYI. Figment was prominate in all of them. So it is very safe to say. Figment is back.

Any pictures?????

Davis224

I heard from www.figmentsimagination.com

That the ride will start out without figment but then he'll "take over the ride" and the rest of the ride he'll be more or less the tour guide.

There is supposed to be a room thats in figments house with hundreds of figments some drawn, some animatronic some stationary

Luau Cove

Bringing back Figment will bring back many people to the ride which since the beginning was un-popular. I went the first week it opened and there was no line, which is almost unbelievable for a new Disney ride. I hope this new version of the ride excludes Nigel Channing or anything related with the Institute, at least inside the ride. I want more imagination and less institution.

-->Luau

disneytati

I just HATED the new version of the ride. It seemed too dark, somewhat somber to me, I did not feel very weel inside it. The other ride was much better, and sure contained disney magic. Besides, I LOVE Figment! I miss him soooooo much! I hope he returns!

Kisses from Brazil! Kisses for you all!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Luau Cove

Well, I don't the Institute Idea for Honey I Shrunk..., but it's awful for JII. It has nothing to do with Figment or Imagination, they just wanted the pavillion to be together again...

-->luau

wyattkelly

:lol: Journey to Imagination was great cornball. I used to love to ride that sucker, and then walk out humming that goofy song. C'mon, I even got to pet Figment when Dreamfinder was outside! :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom