Journey Into The Imagination With Figment has windows problem

orlpassholder

Original Poster
This shot is from the exit/activity area once you go through the ride. I just happen to round the corner with my trusty digital camera, and saw this on one of the huge big screens that you stand in front of, and use your hands, and arms to make noises on the screen

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 775

MrNonacho

Premium Member
This happens from time to time, often with on-ride photo systems. The most recent time I've seen a problem was last Tuesday with ToT. One side's pictures were coming up scrambled. Some tech guys came out and started fiddling with it, and up on the monitor you could see the Windows desktop for a while.

mickeyfanatics

Well, you know programs crash on whatever system you are running. My IMAC at work crashes all the time, although, since getting WINXP, I have had very few crashes.

Timekeeper

To Mac or no

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Well, you know programs crash on whatever system you are running. My IMAC at work crashes all the time, although, since getting WINXP, I have had very few crashes.

Since when is WINXP an iMac application?

(Hint: It's not)

Actually, Macs don't crash. Any error that you might come across on a Mac is probably not technically a "crash." One error that a Mac user might be familiar with is a "lock up," but even that is usually caused by unreliable 3rd party software - and only happens once in a blue moon.

Long Live Linux!:sohappy:

Tk

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by One Lil Spark
This has to be the funniest thing I've seen yet! How were people reacting to it around you? :lol:

well thats why the photo is a little fuzzy I had some many people around me trying to get it to work, and to play with it.

This wasnt the only technical problem the attraction was having. I told a CM at the end of the ride that Figment was having some problems in certain areas of the attraction. What kind of problem you ask well His left eye was going cross while his right eye kept looking at you. I dont know if a servo was going out or if some ride tweaking had been done but they said thank you, and said they would let someone know to fix it.

Figured the ride has only been up for short time it needs to look decent :)

BradleyJ

Re: To Mac or no

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Any error that you might come across on a Mac is probably not technically a "crash." One error that a Mac user might be familiar with is a "lock up," but even that is usually caused by unreliable 3rd party software - and only happens once in a blue moon.

Which in fact the error show in the picture was the same thing, it wasn't a computer crash, but was an application error.

MrPromey

Actually, Macs don't crash. Any error that you might come across on a Mac is probably not technically a "crash." One error that a Mac user might be familiar with is a "lock up," but even that is usually caused by unreliable 3rd party software - and only happens once in a blue moon.

Tk

Well, apparently blue moons happen about six or seven times a day on my computer at work then... And that's with only 5 programs that didn't come with the OS installed on it. Our IT guy, who left to become a Mac Genus with Apple about a year ago and then came back after being disillusioned by the company, says that these problems are typical and are fixed by a re-boot. That's the solution. Don't keep it from happening, just restart your computer to fix it. QuarkXpress has to be one of the worst programs in the world for this...

BTW, nine times out of ten it's the fault of a program in windows that causes problems as well. Older versions of windows gave programs direct access to memory and when they did something wrong, the system would crash. That's why you pretty much only see the blue screen these days when there are serious hardware problems (like a failing hard drive or overheating processor). Windows XP, like it's NT line, controls access to memory so that if a program crashes, it can be shut down without taking the whole system with it. Those switch Mac commercials would have been really effective a few years ago but today, they are misleading because most of the problems they talk about with windows aren't a problem with the current OS... On the other hand, we have PC processors on the way to the 3 ghz mark in a month or two and the fastest thing that Apple has come out with is I think, the 1.25 ghz... Mind you, by their architecture, the Mac processors are about twice as fast as the PC ghz comparison but even with that in mind, the mac still falls short in comparison. Add to that the fact that they are charging even the OS 10 customers full price to upgrade to 10.2 a year after they went to OS 10 and that their free web services now cost $100 a year and that they seem more interested these days in making art deco furniture out of their computers for the consumer market which they have less than 2% of (and despite their marketing, is shrinking) than supporting the single industry that has kept them alive since windows 95 hit the market (the DTP world), and you now have a few of the reasons that the Mac I have at home will probably be the last one I buy. Apple is slowly loosing ground in their own heavy market as well. I do most of my freelance work on a PC and none of the print houses I've dealt with have ever had a problem with it. :)

Sherm00

Long Live Linux!:sohappy:

Tk

macs don't crash they just freez when they incounter an unknown error. This is just funny. it looks like it's running 98, ME, or NT on it. if they upgrade to XP it might not crash as often (not to say XP dosn't crash but it's better). this is just too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Re: Re: To Mac or no

Originally posted by Sherm00

macs don't crash they just freez when they incounter an unknown error. This is just funny. it looks like it's running 98, ME, or NT on it. if they upgrade to XP it might not crash as often (not to say XP dosn't crash but it's better). this is just too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe it could be win2k NOT 100% sure but I think thats what I saw one of the boxes running

Only problem with XP Disney would have to call, and wait on hold for a new serial number everytime they changed something :)

JOKING

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom