Journey Into Imagination with Figment Brings Popular Purple Dragon Back to Epcot®

popkid

Original Poster
(from the walt disney travel company)

Figment is back! The playful purple dragon who captured millions of hearts at the Walt Disney World® Resort returns to Epcot in June to once again demonstrate the power of imagination.

Journey Into Imagination with Figment invites guests to an open house at the Imagination Institute led by Dr. Nigel Channing, who plans to show how the five senses can influence a person's imagination.

Future World guests traveling through the colorful, energetic attraction stop for Dr. Channing's demonstrations in laboratories to discover how the human senses are being studied to help "capture and control" the imagination. The stops are interrupted, however, by the free-thinking Figment, a mischievous dragon who tries to show the ever-practical Dr. Channing and his guests that the imagination works best, not when it's controlled, but rather, when it's set free.

The revamped attraction also heralds the return of "One Little Spark," an uplifting song written by legendary Disney composers Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman for the attraction's original opening in March 1983. Comic actor Eric Idle also returns as Dr. Nigel Channing, a role he originated in the adjacent "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" 3-D attraction at Epcot.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by popkid
(from the walt disney travel company)

Figment is back! The playful purple dragon who captured millions of hearts at the Walt Disney World® Resort returns to Epcot in June to once again demonstrate the power of imagination.

Journey Into Imagination with Figment invites guests to an open house at the Imagination Institute led by Dr. Nigel Channing, who plans to show how the five senses can influence a person's imagination.

Future World guests traveling through the colorful, energetic attraction stop for Dr. Channing's demonstrations in laboratories to discover how the human senses are being studied to help "capture and control" the imagination. The stops are interrupted, however, by the free-thinking Figment, a mischievous dragon who tries to show the ever-practical Dr. Channing and his guests that the imagination works best, not when it's controlled, but rather, when it's set free.

The revamped attraction also heralds the return of "One Little Spark," an uplifting song written by legendary Disney composers Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman for the attraction's original opening in March 1983. Comic actor Eric Idle also returns as Dr. Nigel Channing, a role he originated in the adjacent "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" 3-D attraction at Epcot.

Steve already posted this Press Release: http://www.wdwmagic.com/general_epcot_news.htm

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I can feel the apathy begin to well up inside. Cant see the fascination for a long forgotten character from a really pants film. The ride, old and new is instantly forgettable.
Lets hope they get it right third time.

BNCordeiro

WDW Confirms Figments return in June

[Here is an expert from a letter that I received from WDW]

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

The new Journey Into Imagination with Figment will return Figment to a
starring
role and revive the character's theme song "One Little Spark". We
currently
anticipate the opening in the first week of June.

DanStat

Yes!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
I'm so glad Figment is back!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I hope this isn't another dump like the previous one is. I think I remember hearing someone saying that they saw big Figments inside of the Backlot Tour.

I can't wait!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom