Journey Into Imagination News

Luau Cove

Wo wo Wo...How come "One Little Spark" returns and there's no Dreamfinder...This is senseless. I mean, Dreamfinder sings 50% of the song while Figment performs the other half. So what's going on? Who will sing? Nigel Channing? God, if there's something more hideous than when they spoil something is when they try to repair it and fail....Hope this is not the case.
-->LUAU

bossmsx

Let's hope Channing stays away from the ride...Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Monty Python fan, but I just like I wouldn't put Figment on "The Holy Grail" movie, or the "Life Of Brian", I wouldn't want Eric Idle to ruin this new ride (which although it's not the original, still sounds it's gonna be kinda neat from what I've recently read).
Anyways, what's the new ImageWorks like? Does it still have a good number of free 'hands on' stuff, or is most of it 'stuff you have to pay for'? Somehow I think it's the latter.:confused:

dwldzm9

you know,

does universal own the rights to the monty python flics? I wish DIS did. It would be mega cool to have a monty python ride, maybe you almost get crushed by the giant foot...and encounter the invincible black knight! that would be cool.

General Grizz

lol...I am anti-CHANNING...not anti Idel. I think the character should be totally removed from Imagination.

Bring in Dreamfinder again...though this won't happen. I don't think it would be a bad idea to bring in Ludwig Von Drake either. He's such a great Disney character...and is somewhat unsung, especially at the parks. Imagination! would be perfect...this institutional Duck...

dwldzm9

Luau,

you've got a point. they're a bit too - how would they sat it - "cheeky" for a disney park. don't get me wrong - I don't think Idle should be in the ride either. The original was my fav when I was little next to WOM, and they were just across from each other....

Ahhh, the good old days :(

J.E.Smith

Exactly.

At least getting the song back is a step up. I don't really want to get into the whole Channing deal now anyway.

How long has it been since I last posted? It seems like it's been a while.

Luau Cove

Bottom line is:
They should have limited Channing to Honey... and not use the whole idea to spoil a classic. This way they ruined both the classic and the good idea of the Institute for HISTA.
-->LUAU

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Sorry, there is no $30 million budget. lol. Here are the updated correct facts from Figments Imagination:

1.) One Little Spark theme song is returning.
2.) DreamFinder is NOT returning.
3.) Original ride track as it is now is not being altered.
4.) The story line of the ride will be that Figment is going to take over control of the ride shortly after it begins. You will ride through existing sets that will make up Figment's house. The final scene will have many Figments, some animatronic, others will be stationary.
5.) Budget for the makeover is $7.5 million.
6.) Still supposed to open Summer 2002.
FYI: The original Journey Into Imagination was redone because of a contract between Kodak and Disney that stated the ride would be redone in the year 2000. The original JII was not discontinued because of lack of interest

Originally posted by Bdis86
Sorry, there is no $30 million budget. lol. Here are the updated correct facts from Figments Imagination:

4.) The story line of the ride will be that Figment is going to take over control of the ride shortly after it begins. You will ride through existing sets that will make up Figment's house. The final scene will have many Figments, some animatronic, others will be stationary.
FYI: The original Journey Into Imagination was redone because of a contract between Kodak and Disney that stated the ride would be redone in the year 2000. The original JII was not discontinued because of lack of interest
thanks hope it turns outto be a disney classic.

Luau Cove

I hope it's not "changed" as the TIKI ROOM, that they just added two animatronics and that's it, I won't like if the ride is the same just with a few Figment's distributed...
-->LUAU

Al

Originally posted by Bdis86

I was just thinking, $30million!!!!!!!!!! GOODNESS! $7.5 million sounds more like it. You could make a great ride for $30million (well, part of one anyway:lol: )

Bw2002

Journey into Imagination was once the favorite of many who went to EPCOT. I know that "we can never go back to before" (From the Musical Ragtime) but, it can get better than the latest version. If I could do anything to the attraction, I would make Figment the host and have a figment robot on the front of each ride vehicle and have him turn around and narrate the ride to the guests. Have the theming show figments imagination, THEN explore the guests imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom