Journey into Imagination - Martins Complete Ultimate Tribute

TwilightZone

Fantastic video! Whatever happened to "The Dreamship"? I seem to remember seeing it on an auction site many years ago? It wasn't cheap...
One of them is currently at mousegear at innoventions. I hope disney keeps it around after innoventions goes to disney heaven.
maxresdefault.jpg

ww164answer.jpg

Sandurz

I'd tried to find video to get a good idea of what the original used to be like after hearing how awesome it was forever and ever, and nothing really gave me a good understanding of what was there. So to have it laid out so clearly and with so much detail, I get it now. Man what a loss. Even just the bare minimum of how much ride time we lost, nevermind narrative and content changes - it's insane how much of the ride track and building they willingly gave up to either the new queue or just abandoned. Great job as always Martin!

Calm Down Rover

Have another belated "thank you!" While I can get why some may prefer TT to WoM or even M:S to Horizons, the sharp nosedive in quality at the Imagination pavilion is undeniable and indefensible. The original ride was massive, detailed, inspirational, and downright adorable. And thanks for including Magic Journeys, I had never watched it in full before! I couldn't stop smiling during that unused "preview" introduction with Dreamfinder.

I'm looking forward to part 2, "Imagination Sans Figment" was the first version I rode and it was certainly... an experience.

ABQ

I think that's the first glimpse I've ever gotten of the Kodak lounge area. Either in what I assume is the current cubicle farm layout that it's used for now or the earlier Kodak era with all the couches and such.

danyoung56

Just wait till part 2. I'm not sure if you ever rode Imagination V2, but man if you didn't, prepare for a shock. V3 was a quick fix to straighten out the biggest issue of V2. Even then it wasn't that great of a fix.

The current version of Imagination is tied for me with Stitch in being attractions that actually make me angry. I remember back when, thinking that Imagination wasn't my favorite of the big AA type shows. But it didn't make me angry like the current version does. It's just such a waste of technology and story telling.

Martin, I have yet to watch the video, but I'm sure it'll be excellent.

Musical Mermaid

@marni1971 Excellent video as always! These videos make me feel nostalgic about all these great attractions that existed when I was a child. I'm so glad cellphones weren't everywhere then. You had your friends and family and the park to provide a great experience without turning to the distractions of the outside world. I don't think I ever saw Magic Journeys at Epcot, but I did at Magic Kingdom and all I could remember about that was getting scared by a witch.

trainplane3

His latest offering :cool:

I already responded to this in another topic but I have a couple questions that would be more appropriate here:
- I know they announced the re-furb of going to V2, but was there any official closing ceremony?
- Did they actually do a re-inauguration of the Imagination pavilion? There's 2 pictures in there that make it look like they did.
- I barely remember the ending "explosion" sequence with all the random stuff flashing, but was that what they really showed? Gazelle with light signal head, banana phone, etc. I think...know someone had to have been on the "leaf" to make that.
- I know the ride audio to V1 was "released". Is there any chance of V2's audio being dumped somewhere? Even though it is Disney, I have a strange feeling that V2 isn't loved by anyone.
- Relating to the previous, any chance of the all the music sneaking out? There's some pieces in there that are actually pretty good (2:50-5:00, 18:50 as examples) that haven't been "released" in good quality.
- Directly at @marni1971 , how did feel actually waiting in line for this mess of a ride?:p

This was great coverage of a crap ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I already responded to this in another topic but I have a couple questions that would be more appropriate here:
- I know they announced the re-furb of going to V2, but was there any official closing ceremony?
- Did they actually do a re-inauguration of the Imagination pavilion? There's 2 pictures in there that make it look like they did.
- I barely remember the ending "explosion" sequence with all the random stuff flashing, but was that what they really showed? Gazelle with light signal head, banana phone, etc. I think...know someone had to have been on the "leaf" to make that.
- I know the ride audio to V1 was "released". Is there any chance of V2's audio being dumped somewhere? Even though it is Disney, I have a strange feeling that V2 isn't loved by anyone.
- Relating to the previous, any chance of the all the music sneaking out? There's some pieces in there that are actually pretty good (2:50-5:00, 18:50 as examples) that haven't been "released" in good quality.
- Directly at @marni1971 , how did feel actually waiting in line for this mess of a ride?:p

This was great coverage of a crap ride.

And no, yes, yes, and not by me.

Po'Rich

I rewatched part 1 with DW last night. We were both sad that we were never able to experience the original ride (which has all of the makings of a classic...we both said, "I'd ride that today!"). Excellent video! I can't wait to watch part 2 (which I see is now posted)!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The one and only ride that didn't need anything except a month or 2 down to refresh and restore what was already there. They could have saved so much time and money just leaving it alone. All they needed to do was change the loading from continuous to stop and get rid of or disable the loading belt.

TwilightZone

Just when I thought I heard the entire are music loop to jiyi, there's more. :arghh:
besides that upset, I'm sure I will love the rest of the video, this incarnation of the ride always interested me. I will share a proper review soon!

TwilightZone

Just when I thought I heard the entire are music loop to jiyi, there's more. :arghh:
besides that upset, I'm sure I will love the rest of the video, this incarnation of the ride always interested me. I will share a proper review soon!
Alright, review time. Another great video martin! You can see what the imagineers were trying to go for with the theming, but it failed miserably. I think this is one of those rides that would've failed no matter how much time and budget disney gave the imagineers, the plot of the ride is just insulting! But I can now say this ride is now one of my favorites theme wise, so at least the imagineers got one thing right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom