Journey into Imagination, I want answers

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, you may think I know, but I do not. Please explain.

I had the feeling that the other poster was talking about Test Track.

I think you are correct, I misread. His prior post:

I love the original and latest version of Imagination. My first visit was in 1984 and I have ridden the attraction ever year since then. In that time, I have never experienced more than a 5 minute line ever for the attraction.

Threw me off. Apologies to all. (though, I still think they shoved a huge Eisner up Imagination...and not in a pleasant way.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Eisners philosophy was, the parks are going to fill up no matter what as long as it has something to do with Disney, so let's jack up the prices and go cheap with the parks and attractions. Now others have caught on and it's only going to get worse

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The terrible reality is that he was right.

Sortof. It's fun to pick on Eisner, but he also brought us MGM/Disney, which at inception was a fantastic park.

I don't see him as the big bad evil CEO who ruined Disney, but he did set in place many corporate ideas that ruined Disney, and still haunt them today. I'll just say "theme" and then look to Joe Rhode who parroted his inane concept (and is wholly overblown, in my opinion)...

I expect flames.

aladdin2007

Sortof. It's fun to pick on Eisner, but he also brought us MGM/Disney, which at inception was a fantastic park.

I don't see him as the big bad evil CEO who ruined Disney, but he did set in place many corporate ideas that ruined Disney, and still haunt them today. I'll just say "theme" and then look to Joe Rhode who parroted his inane concept (and is wholly overblown, in my opinion)...

I expect flames.

I kinda agree with what your saying. Eisner started out great, he had a lot of great ideas in the early days. Originally the Great Movie Ride was suppose to have been a new pavilion between the Land and Imagination, and as we all know became the MGM park instead. So he was very creative for awhile, I use to love watching his intros to the wonderful world of disney on sunday nights, he just seemed classic Disney at the time, then it all took a turn for the worse later. As for Joe Rhode, yeah what you said lol.

And regarding Imagination, heads did roll for that first makeover...As for the current one its so time already,,,,,tho Kathy Magnum did the best she could the second time around with the little budget given. But doesnt look like anything is happening soon with it. darn that TDO. Its probably going to take a sponsor and we all know how well that works out these days.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Disney World needs a good CEO that is a true dreamer and has the ambition to continue Walt Disneys dream. Sadly the Mouse, a good buisyness and a franchise is enough to get by. Verry sad and the future doesnt look so bright either. Im afraid to find out what will happen in the future.

Figments Friend

And regarding Imagination, heads did roll for that first makeover...As for the current one its so time already,,,,,tho Kathy Magnum did the best she could the second time around with the little budget given.

Agree.
Folks, we are lucky we ended up with what we did. It could have been a LOT worse...or, Disney could have just kept the horrendous 2nd version of the ride.
The original was special...and wonderful...and truly imaginative.
Why Eisner hated it ( according to stories..) is beyond me.

Most agree, even non-Disney Park fans, that it was one of the most memorable attractions at EPCOT back when it was operational. But times change, and the original was expensive to keep running...not to mention it was becoming a physical chore just to keep it running. The issues with the *turntable* lining up with the ride cars was always a stickler for troubles, and eventually it ended up being one of the main reasons it had to be re-designed.

I am not a huge fan of the currant additon...but it does have some positive aspects. For one, it is indeed a much better experience when compared to the truly empty shell that was Version 2.

Nothing...nothing will ever compare to the Original.
God bless you, Tony Baxter..!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom