Journey Into Imagination Building

GymLeaderPhil

Goofette said:
Are your images being stolen? I wasn't sure what that meant. Did you want us to look out for them or were you just telling us. Sorry, I'm a little confused :hammer:

Yes. They were saved and placed on another site without my approval and without proper credit. These photos were also on this site, along with several others. The author removed them per a lengthy request period.

Goofette

GymLeaderPhil said:
Yes. They were saved and placed on another site without my approval and without proper credit. These photos were also on this site, along with several others. The author removed them per a lengthy request period.

That's awful. I'm glad they finally removed them. It's a good thing you found out.

-SIR-

AWW i miss the upstairs in the pyramid.... why on earth did Disney close something so dramatically interesting? This decision blows me away because that DANG pyramid is what makes that building so interesting and .... well... DISNEY! they are only using the part which has no character at all... this is just dumb... ive posted way too much about this pavillion on other sites ...I gave you all the short version and spared the blabber

MissM

I don't think there's anyone who enjoyed it when it was open (in my case, starting as a kid back on my first trip to Disney in 1984) doesn't think it was an absurdly stupid move to close it. I think we all miss it. It was just such a fun place and it really got you interested in doing all the different things, being wowed by the interaction of it all and really getting into the theme and the idea of Imagaination.

I've never heard of one person saying they were glad it's gone. Strong feelings, strong emotional ties like this are what Disney should be fostering, not letting rot. Somewhere along the way, they got their priorities mixed up and wanted to put a stop to things that were rememberable and classic. And that's a damned shame.
-m

DCL

MissM said:
I've never heard of one person saying they were glad it's gone. Strong feelings, strong emotional ties like this are what Disney should be fostering, not letting rot. Somewhere along the way, they got their priorities mixed up and wanted to put a stop to things that were rememberable and classic. And that's a damned shame.
-m

I completely agree with you. I have a lot of fond memories there, and I am sad that it's gone. I believe that over the years, there has been less on an emphasis placed on the "little things," which tend to be the most memorable aspects of Disney attractions, and more of a focus on the next big thrill, in my opinion. It really is a shame. :(

Empress Room

MissM said:
I don't think there's anyone who enjoyed it when it was open (in my case, starting as a kid back on my first trip to Disney in 1984) doesn't think it was an absurdly stupid move to close it. I think we all miss it. It was just such a fun place and it really got you interested in doing all the different things, being wowed by the interaction of it all and really getting into the theme and the idea of Imagaination.

-m

I believe that the frustration shared by many of the posters on this thread is that we were never given an explanation as to why the upstairs was closed. Sure, some of us have theorized, but without formal word from Disney, none of us can understand what appears to be a completely mindless and short-sighted decision to extinguish an area/pavillion that was so thought-provoking and fun.

I am personally ready to accept the decision if it makes logical sense. Did the upstairs fail to comply with barrier and access restrictions of the Americans With Disabilities Act? (I suppose that's possible.) Were insurance costs too expensive? (Doubtful. Disney is likely self-insured and any savings would have been nominal at best.) Were guest responses to surveys negative? (Highly doubtful.) Was the area tired and ineffective at drawing a crowd? (Again, there's no evidence of that.)

The point is, this decision would be a lot easier to accept if we knew why. Heck, if Disney decided that the economics, maintenance and staffing of the ImageWorks didn't justify its existence, then just tell us. We may not agree, but at least we would understand.

jedimaster1227

Interesting, I'm suprised to see a thread that I started 3 months ago still alive and kicking, as you can all tell by now JII was my favorite ride in all of Disney. You can also see that I can't give up on it. Go over to my newer thread on this subject at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54154

Here we talk about why, how, and what could be left. KEEP HOPE AND FAITH ALIVE THAT THOSE STUPID IMAGINEERS AND EISNER KEPT SOME PART OF JII WAS LEFT IN A SMART MOVE TO PREPARE FOR A RIDE THAT MIGHT HAVE A NEGATIVE AFFECT ON THE PARK.

Brick Tamland

raven said:
However I remember seeing the rainbow tunnel being used somewhere else during the Millennium Celebration. Maybe Millennium Village or innoventions. I couldn't remember.

In 2000 or 2001 the rainbow tunnel was in Innoventions, there was a Xerox Pavillion or something. But anyway you would go through the tunnel and you could get your picture taken in a room at the end of the tunnel.

downwitheisner

I just read this whole thread and I feel like crying. The last time I rode JII was when I was five. I remember so much of it, and it never hit me that those memories are never to be revisited. JII imagination was a wonderful ride. I distinctly remember thinking of the ride cars as "rockets." I have many wonderful memories of Imageworks: the pin table, the lights on the floor that would play music, the insrument thingies they would make sounds and light up if you put your hand over the pad, and so many more things. It's so sad to see that wonderful experience reduced to the crap it is now. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom