Journey into Imagination #4???

dpunky

Yeah, WDW needs to bring back Dreamfinder :)

Seriously, I think instead of making another version of JII, they really need to redo the entire Imagination Pavillion building. Its just a waste of space when you can only use the bottom half of the building (and the 3D movie theater). I would be in favor of getting rid of the current building and building a brand new pavillion with better rides and attractions for the whole family. And of course, this should be centered around figment and Dreamfinder.

EPCOT Explorer

Seriously, I think instead of making another version of JII, they really need to redo the entire Imagination Pavillion building. Its just a waste of space when you can only use the bottom half of the building (and the 3D movie theater). I would be in favor of getting rid of the current building and building a brand new pavillion with better rides and attractions for the whole family. And of course, this should be centered around figment and Dreamfinder.

I see what you are saying but I don't think they should sack the pyramids...perhaps expanding the showbuilding in the back would help though.

cabihler

probably a sad note

you know i too miss and love the original JII... how often my daughters and i would lament on the changes AND YET

we do like the current version... and what is so sad is that perhaps had the current version being the original and only one we have ever known then we would all be loving it.... this current version suffers if for no other reason that we all LOVED AND STILL LOVE the original so much :shrug:

yoyoflamingo

No, the current Figment is voiced by another voice actor as the original is dead I believe. He no longer has the childlike innocence, curiosity, and charm that the original Figment possessed. To me, he's like an annoying 13 year old now.

The new Figment is voiced by Dave Goelz, the Muppet performer responsible for Gonzo.

Slowjack

The building is plenty big enough, especially if they move the digital playground stuff back upstairs. It's not like the original ride was too short. I'd rather they allocate budget to the attraction rather than the building.

Spike-in-Berlin

I would appreciate. The present one is boooring, very cheaply done with minimum theming and an annoying main character (Figment - I know he is quite popular, I just don't get why) . Eric Idle is totally wasted. In its present condition I will never ride JII again ever.

O'Malley

The last scene where the "explosion" occurs (and the wall drops) is just painful. :cry: Cheap wood cutouts of Figment, suspended on wires, and we're supposed to be in the Imagination Institute?

When they revamped this ride the first time (JII), we recall the exit area (with all the red stars) was really cool. The room was filled with red stars, and the ride car came to a complete stop, then the lights came up, and everyone went "wow!" as you realized the entire room appeared to change before your very eyes. For some reason, they re-did that (JIII) a few years ago, and now you can plainly see "Exit" signs and partially lit doorways, and the lights gradually come on before the ride stops. Totally blows the effect.

Needs a refurb. And by the way, one more vote here to bring back Dreamfinder. :)

Spike-in-Berlin

The last scene where the "explosion" occurs (and the wall drops) is just painful. :cry: Cheap wood cutouts of Figment, suspended on wires, and we're supposed to be in the Imagination Institute?
Needs a refurb. And by the way, one more vote here to bring back Dreamfinder. :)

You don't get it. It's the Imagination Institute because you definitely need a lot of imagination to picture it as something else than the cheap, boring, low-quality ride it actually is. :D

MAGICFLOP

I am sorry, but Hista and Imaginations needs to get updated.

No offense to the Brits, but that guy is very annoying. EPCOT already has Ellen. One annoying person is enough.

The original dreamfinder was very good......

I would'nt even mind if HISTA was changed back to Captain EO....
That was a good show...

The whole dream academy is for crap.... as the line waiting to go in shows.

JLW11Hi

There have been a few threads here on the boards where subtle hints have been dropped about Imagination 4.0 being in the works and that its on its way. If I remember correctly, it would have been coming even sooner, but much of its budget was sent to the Living Seas rehab.

I can't think of too many times Disney has taken a good attraction and made it siginificantly worse not once, but twice...so I am putting a lot on this re-do that it will be quite worth the wait. :)

And I really don't care if they bring back Dreamfinder or not...I just want to see a good attraction fill that space again!

Some people have said that the whole scene with Dreamfinder and Figment was boring. Why not make that part of the queue area, so that if you have seen it before you could bypass it and go on the rest of the ride? This would also get rid of the turntable that caused so many mechanical problems. Maybe the theatre could be used as a preshow, but maybe something else can go in there. What I don't understand was, if the ride was having mechanical problems, why did they have to change the ride to what it is now, couldn't they have just changed it to no turntable? By the way, I think Professor Nigel Channing is patronizing and condescending so no wonder Figment is such a brat!:)

Now sure, Disney made an investment in the current version and all would have to go. But why not call it "Figment's Basement" or something like that and then sell it to ....... Six Flags!

EPCOT Explorer

If it helps any, I can confirm from a conversation I had with Dave Goelz himself that he is in fact the voice of the current Figment.

However, If that isn't enough, check this:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0324397/
(If you don't want to search for it, Credit # 17 is Journey Into Imagination).

Hope this helps!

-Yensidtlaw1969

:dazzle:Silly me,I thought you were talking about the NEXT Figgy...for V.4.
:brick:

Sorry.:eek:

I say sell the current ride to Universal. NBC Universal made Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and that could fit in with this ride. :animwink:. It could show a character like figment telling how the 5 senses can make you more better looking and have the following labs:

Food and wine lab
Interior design lab
Fashion lab
Culture lab
Grooming lab

I know it would be a hit and can help pay for the new Imagination:sohappy:!

mickeymagic92

although i have not heard anything, i find this an "undiscovered" attraction at WDW, it may not be as good as the original on account dreamfinder is gone, but it is a cute fun attraction with no line usually and i love it :D

Minnesota

I really don't care what they do as long as they leave Figment in it. My DD would be crushed. She bought one of those stuffed Figment hats last December and wore it to school last May for hat day. She thought she rocked !!

SFSC26

Just a quick, Imagination update....

The spinning topiary that was formerly figment is finally back. However it isn't figment. Instead it resembles a plant with square shaped leaf section like the larger trees around the area. It also only spins every other day it seems but anything is better then that concrete slab thats been there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom