News Josh D'Amaro posts the first in an ongoing series of video messages to LinkedIn

TikibirdLand

Nope, not anymore. Speedway inherited Dunkin from the Hess buy out. They have since terminated the agreement or it ran out.

Dunkin Iced tea is wife's elixir. Made many many stops at the on property Hess's and then speedways for it....

Now she's addicted to Starbucks when there.

Funny story. She has a doppelganger who works in Disney mgmt. somewhere. The employees at the one in front of the Boardwalk would always say hi and comment that she is in early or in latter then usual and ring her up with the employee discount price. She would play along.
Does that mean she was "LARPing" (See the Starcruiser thread for reference)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Watch him talk - you could call him "Hands D'Amaro"
Being of Italian descent, I was feigning being insulted. 😀

With that being said, his hand gestures could easily be from the school of “this is how leaders talk to convey a message”.
I certainly use my hands to talk quite a bit and it’s nowhere near this refined.

JoeCamel

Being of Italian descent, I was feigning being insulted. 😀

With that being said, his hand gestures could easily be from the school of “this is how leaders talk to convey a message”.
I certainly use my hands to talk quite a bit and it’s nowhere near this refined.
Oh yeah, spent some time with a coach and in front of the mirror.
It is a very old joke that if you want an Italian to stop talking just tie his hands.

JoeCamel

I'm not a fan of any Disney exec, but even though I hold my doubts and pessimism towards Josh I'd bet anything he's a better leader, and smarter, than Chapek. He'd make a much better CEO.

Then again, I'd trust a chimpanzee over Chapeks decisions. Possibly Igers too.
That is the kind of thing that gets you assigned as VP of Hong Kong operations, Josh better cool it

TP2000

Ouimet's comments are... puzzling. I hold him in higher regard than this.

Actually, Ouimet has been in Josh's shoes, which helps explain the supportive public statement. Ouimet knows what it's like to battle Disney's insane bureaucracy in Burbank while working for a clueless and charmless dolt. Matt Ouimet reported to Jay Rasulo, don't forget.

Also, Matt Ouimet is still in good graces with Burbank/Anaheim's corporate protocol teams. Matt Ouimet still gets an invite for great seats at Disneyland's Candlelight ceremony (a big corporate schmoozefest for one weekend only in Anaheim as Walt intended it to be), and the Ouimet's regularly attend Candlelight. Also, there's historically a much friendlier executive tone between Knott's Berry Farm (Cedar Fair) and Disneyland than there is say between Universal Orlando and TDO. The horrible treatment theme parks received in California during Covid has only strengthened that bond. It's quite chummy in SoCal now, and TDA has more humor and humility than TDO does.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Actually, Ouimet has been in Josh's shoes, which helps explain the supportive public statement. Ouimet knows what it's like to battle Disney's insane bureaucracy in Burbank while working for a clueless and charmless dolt. Matt Ouimet reported to Jay Rasulo, don't forget.

Also, Matt Ouimet is still in good graces with Burbank/Anaheim's corporate protocol teams. Matt Ouimet still gets an invite for great seats at Disneyland's Candlelight ceremony (a big corporate schmoozefest for one weekend only in Anaheim as Walt intended it to be), and the Ouimet's regularly attend Candlelight. Also, there's historically a much friendlier executive tone between Knott's Berry Farm (Cedar Fair) and Disneyland than there is say between Universal Orlando and TDO. The horrible treatment theme parks received in California during Covid has only strengthened that bond. It's quite chummy in SoCal now, and TDA has more humor and humility than TDO does.
I imagine it's because TDA and Cedar Fair see themselves as local/regional parks, while TDO sees themselves as the world's premiere vacation destination.

UNCgolf

I don’t understand why anyone sees Disneyland as a “local / regional park.”

Every Disney Resort is a premiere vacation destination and has been built up and marketed as such.

I'm not sure that's true. I see advertisements for Disney World pretty regularly but I have never once seen one for Disneyland, and when they spent advertising money on something like a Super Bowl ad it was for Disney World.

Of course there are plenty of non-local visitors at Disneyland, but I bet the percentage of local/regional attendance for Disneyland is much much higher than it is for Disney World.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm not sure that's true. I see advertisements for Disney World pretty regularly but I have never once seen one for Disneyland, and when they spent advertising money on something like a Super Bowl ad it was for Disney World.

Of course there are plenty of non-local visitors at Disneyland, but I bet the percentage of local/regional attendance for Disneyland is much much higher than it is for Disney World.
Don’t they tape both “I’m going to Disney World” and “I’m going to Disneyland” and use them regionally?

Same with ads... if you live closer to Disney World, those are the ads you will see.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disneyland, DCA, and their associated hotels would just barely overlay Epcot's footprint.
This is correct. I lived in Las Vegas for 10 years, and all television ads were Disneyland specific. Never did we see Walt Disney World ads.
So that would make it a... wait for it... REGIONAL park...

UNCgolf

Don’t they tape both “I’m going to Disney World” and “I’m going to Disneyland” and use them regionally?

Same with ads... if you live closer to Disney World, those are the ads you will see.

Sure, in the US -- I think outside the US, it's almost exclusively Disney World advertisements (I wouldn't be surprised to see Disneyland ads somewhere like Vancouver). Also, the Super Bowl ad I was talking about was WDW specific.

It seems like they really only spend marketing dollars for Disneyland in that one region of the United States, and as I said, Disneyland gets much higher local/regional attendance than Disney World.

TrainsOfDisney

Also, the Super Bowl ad I was talking about was WDW specific.
My understanding is that the super bowl ad is recorded both for Disney World and Disneyland.

As for international... would be interesting to hear from international members what types of ads they see. I wouldn’t expect any of the USA parks to be heavily advertised in other parts of the world. I would expect Disneyland Paris, Tokyo, etc. to be the main parks advertisided.

So that would make it a... wait for it... REGIONAL park...

Then Walt Disney World would also be a regional park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom