News Josh D'Amaro posts the first in an ongoing series of video messages to LinkedIn

TP2000

So angling for politics or advertising for another (higher leadership/CEO) job at another company?

Yes to both. He's not stupid.

Or just doing a smart thing for Disney, strengthening the company’s reputation and catching the eye of people looking for a job.

And a bit of that too.

He's doing several things at the same time, because he's smart. Many longtime CM's have left Disney lately, a trend the whole country has been in with The Great Resignation of 2021-2022. Disney's got to retain what talent they have left, and attract new talent that understands the difference between Disneyland and David's Bridal, or Disney World and Dunkin'.

Disney's theme park division has historically treated its Parks employees far worse and as clear second-class corporate citizens compared to the Burbank and Glendale groups. Josh appears to understand that, and pre-Covid he was trying desperately to improve the Cast experience at Disneyland.

He's got a bit of a thankless job right now, reporting to and having to publicly support the cheap and charmless and clueless Bob Chapek. But Josh knows there will either be a time when Bob Chapek is no longer with Disney, or a time when Josh D'Amaro is no longer with Disney. Either way, Josh is strengthening and solidying his own personal brand with videos like this. Because he's not stupid.

All that said, I fear this will only cement his cringey position as the Cool Dad Exec in the skinny jeans. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mdcpr

This is a brilliant move. Great for his personal brand, employee loyalty (he cares! -- whether is true or not), and growing a younger fan base. AND, by using LinkedIn -- a platform that caters mostly to professionals--he's also going after the higher-end of the market.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes to both. He's not stupid.

And a bit of that too.

He's doing several things at the same time, because he's smart. Many longtime CM's have left Disney lately, a trend the whole country has been in with The Great Resignation of 2021-2022. Disney's got to retain what talent they have left, and attract new talent that understands the difference between Disneyland and David's Bridal, or Disney World and Dunkin'.

Disney's theme park division has historically treated its Parks employees far worse and as clear second-class corporate citizens compared to the Burbank and Glendale groups. Josh appears to understand that, and pre-Covid he was trying desperately to improve the Cast experience at Disneyland.

He's got a bit of a thankless job right now, reporting to and having to publicly support the cheap and charmless and clueless Bob Chapek. But Josh knows there will either be a time when Bob Chapek is no longer with Disney, or a time when Josh D'Amaro is no longer with Disney. Either way, Josh is strengthening and solidying his own personal brand with videos like this. Because he's not stupid.

All that said, I fear this will only cement his cringey position as the Cool Dad Exec in the skinny jeans. :rolleyes:
Wait…there’s a Dunkin’ in Disney world?!?🤔

celluloid

To me it comes across like when a Superintendent keeps telling educators they are so appreciated when they give them less control of the classroom, 10 more kids in the room at a time and less resources to combat drug abuse and caving to parents so enrollment looks good?

I want to like Josh and hope people always are genuine, not just when a former CEO of another attractions chain endorses you, but that tells how bad the industry is at the top.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

To me it comes across like when a Superintendent keeps telling educators they are so appreciated when they give them less control of the classroom, 10 more kids in the room at a time and less resources to combat drug abuse and craving to parents so enrollment looks good?

I want to like Josh and hope people always are genuine, not just when a former CEO of another attractions chain endorses you, but that tells how bad the industry is at the top.
I'd say it speaks more to top executives at any corporation.

These companies need to stop chewing the little guys up and spitting them out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To me it comes across like when a Superintendent keeps telling educators they are so appreciated when they give them less control of the classroom, 10 more kids in the room at a time and less resources to combat drug abuse and craving to parents so enrollment looks good?

Ouimet's comments are... puzzling. I hold him in higher regard than this.

Lilofan

Ouimet's comments are... puzzling. I hold him in higher regard than this.
Ouimet has more to think about. If Cedar Point accepts Sea World's offer to buy them out , he may be looking at other job options but Wall Street like the acquisition offer with Cedar Point stock up 15% in the last several days.

bpiper

Nah, but you can get their coffee at the Speedways... the gas stations, not the ride in Tomorrowland.
Nope, not anymore. Speedway inherited Dunkin from the Hess buy out. They have since terminated the agreement or it ran out.

Dunkin Iced tea is wife's elixir. Made many many stops at the on property Hess's and then speedways for it....

Now she's addicted to Starbucks when there.

Funny story. She has a doppelganger who works in Disney mgmt. somewhere. The employees at the one in front of the Boardwalk would always say hi and comment that she is in early or in latter then usual and ring her up with the employee discount price. She would play along.

bpiper

Ouimet has more to think about. If Cedar Point accepts Sea World's offer to buy them out , he may be looking at other job options but Wall Street like the acquisition offer with Cedar Point stock up 15% in the last several days.
He is semi-retired.

He is the executive chairman of the board of directors. He'll be fine.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nope, not anymore. Speedway inherited Dunkin from the Hess buy out. They have since terminated the agreement or it ran out.

Dunkin Iced tea is wife's elixir. Made many many stops at the on property Hess's and then speedways for it....

Now she's addicted to Starbucks when there.

Funny story. She has a doppelganger who works in Disney mgmt. somewhere. The employees at the one in front of the Boardwalk would always say hi and comment that she is in early or in latter then usual and ring her up with the employee discount price. She would play along.
Too bad (as if I actually drank coffee). I wonder what they'll use once 7-11 takes over...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom